• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

stryke

Shit I just remembered I bitched about this game's original digital only release plan in PAL regions.

Should probably go buy it soon.

Redhood

So I guess we can find the worldwide sales figure for this game as the game shows no of sinners in each panopticon. Mine has only 3 and is sitting at bottom.

Shiina

ky5.jpg

What should I generally be doing with all this stuff? Especially the red ones. Donate it all? Donate only the reds? Donate nothing and take the extra years?

Played for two hours last night and managed to get to CODE 2 before shutting off for the night. I'm really liking it so far! I can't wait to finally play online today too. I added my PSN to the list, representing the Tokyo Panopticon :)

What should I generally be doing with all this stuff? Especially the red ones. Donate it all? Donate only the reds? Donate nothing and take the extra years?

If you don't donate the red stuff you get years added, so I would definitely donate that. I think a lot of the other stuff may be used to upgrade and make weapons, so I would keep it. I donate stuff I have a lot of, like grenades and such, but I do that in my cell.

Spwn

Ordered my copy from the UK so it'll take a couple of days before it reaches Finland. I hope the low price encourages people to buy the game.

Dragoshi1

First mission I did, I got a Lv3 Rocket Launcher, and it was totally worth the 80 years it added.

Love the game, but that part at the beginning before the
retribution and HOLY CRAP DRAGONS EVERYWHERE AND A TIGER FOR SOME REASON
, the stealth sections and resource hunting was just dumb.

And it was all required to advance the story, not to mention the level at the part before the spoiler with the robots; I kept getting zerged by the heavy defense bots and the flying ones when they do that bull charging attack.

Hopefully, there's no more lame sections like that, I want to do missions, not hunt for pink resource nodes in the citizen building.

ramyeon

Really enjoying this so far. Got up to Code 2 but I may have to call it a night since it's 1:30 in the morning. Didn't love the controls at first but changing them to the Sprint priority controls fixed my issues with them.

Want to change my Accessory's appearance since I'm not really happy with it but haven't unlocked that entitlement yet lol.

Tigress

Alright, I know I'm being really wishy washy but after watching a review of it I realized the combat still looks fun even if there isn't much crafting. But he mentioned that you would definitely want to play this with other people.

Is it going to be a game that in general is too frustrating for single player? Does it keep the difficulty aimed at four players or will it ramp it down if you are just playing by yourself? And is it going to be overly frustrating if it doesn't ramp the difficulty down?

(I just wish they'd have a demo for the game, I know they did for the Japanese version).

baekshi

Banned
I am repenting selecting my home city. But no way I will pay them 2$ to change it.

Surprising that there is no new game option.
You can delete your save file and select a new one without paying.

There is no need change your Panopticon, it is not restricting you from anything.

Dinda

It's up on the German store, so at least the digital version isn't delayed by a week (was going to buy didital anyway.)

But looking at the download it might aswell take till next week until it is finished.
Seriously what's up with PSN? It needed an hour for the System update just now and the game is not even downloading an mb per minute.....

namDa65

Just bought this on a whim from the positive first impressions. I must say the graphics look pretty impressive, and I am playing on a PSTV.

PSN: namDa65

And the location of your chosen Panopticon ("Houston", "Bucharest", "Seoul", etc.) will show up on the giant screens in and around the various locations in the game, which makes me think that you're basically choosing the setting for the game.

Dinda

So, was anybody able to download this from PSN in Germany?

For me download speed is so slow that it would take several days to download. I already stopped restarted etc, but doesn't change anything.

Trying to download it on PS3 now, but after a good start it is now sitting at 30% since an hour.

Cookie18

Downloading the game now. How does choosing your location work? I'm currently in California but live in England and spend a majority of my time in Korea. What do I choose/will it choose for me?

I asked this earlier but didn't get a response: how varied are the locations? I ask because the videos I've seen have only showed the same ruined urban street area and a desert area.

Thanks in advance.

I.
Love.
This.
Game.

Real Phantom Dust vibes from the world building, which is instant A+. The combat itself is fun even when alone, though I'm hoping to start helping out online tonight or tomorrow.

So any news on fixing the really bad balance issues I've heard about? I'm honestly really tempted to just buy it right now but I'm worried I'll be very disappointed if I buy in right now.

Ohnonono

So are things like, assault rifles and pistol weapons useful in the game? Every video shows people using rocket launchers and giant flamethrowers and such. As neat as that stuff is I hope multiple paths work.

alexein

I'm envious i should get my copy from amazon tomorrow,i already have the dlc on my vita.
I'll be rocking Paris, anyone else? Its not close to my city but its the only in France.

Top Bottom