• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

antibolo

Banned
I was surprised about this but I let it go... they say they would have to cover other languages too and not everyone knows romaji or pretty simple english words that would work.

The footage for the Japanese version clearly shows that it can read latin characters just fine. It still sounds like a Japanese person phonetically speaking English, of course, but it totally works! There was NO REASON WHATSOEVER to cut that feature out!!!

baekshi

Banned
The footage for the Japanese version clearly shows that it can read latin characters just fine. It still sounds like a Japanese person phonetically speaking English, of course, but it totally works! There was NO REASON WHATSOEVER to cut that feature out!!!

I have the original japanese version, and no - most english words don't work well. They are very simple words that do similar sounds to japanese words.

Cheska

Why is it always so hard to customize characters? I feel like I spend more time in the creation screen then anything else haha

Xenoflare

Why is it always so hard to customize characters? I feel like I spend more time in the creation screen then anything else haha

The fact that you can't cycle through categories with L/R is probably it. You have to press cancel a few times if you want to return to a category that's earlier on.

Kinda bummed that there is no facial hair option lol

I'm guessing there was supposed to be some text here.
15654941445_23edb838f2_o.jpg

Wonder what was supposed to be written there.

Seems like it, which sucks. Was looking forward to it.
https://twitter.com/Nikoro/status/527258269266366464

Dang, I wanted to mess around with it. :(

Xenoflare

I need to force myself to not shit on the plot and characters and enjoy the gameplay.

Seriously the cast is lame

Xenoflare

Wow the setting in this game is harsh. I just got sentenced 20 years just for idle chat.
Y6gv8aH

And no one gives a shit when you commit legitimate offences in the story, it ruined whatever the novelty this "sentence extension" device.

SubtleTea

This game is really good, but it's not monster hunter, I went in expecting monster hunter and got lost planet x 1984, and lost planet x 1984 is reallyyyyyy fun but do not go in expecting monster hunter. That said; freedom wars is one of the better games I've played in a while.

oxacillin

Banned
It's really fun, so worth $30. Fuck those whining about it being Kusoge.

From what I've read, it was just a lot of bad Japanese players complaining it is "too hard". Granted, we got an updated version of the game, but whatever the setting and combat have been pretty cool so far.

Xenoflare

It's really fun, so worth $30. Fuck those whining about it being Kusoge.

To their defense, the Kusoge part is somewhat patched and doesn't show up until the latter half of the story. It has something to do with
human enemies later on in the game, where they get 100% hit rates using machine guns, off screen snipers, and many, many OHKO situations that the player would find difficult to avoid

But yeah, the other 50% of the complaints come from people who plays this like monster hunter, rushing in with melee is suicide. There is a point why there are firearms and thorns

The game play is neat and the presentation is really great. The character models and environment looks great, the story and characters made me salty
as soon as Mattis or whatever the guy's name spoke, and who the fuck cares about Beatrice, she's not the one in Umineko lol.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
From what I've read, it was just a lot of bad Japanese players complaining it is "too hard". Granted, we got an updated version of the game, but whatever the setting and combat have been pretty cool so far.

game isnt hard unless you are bad at tps action games. though game balance is most def broken

Can you play story portion online ?

Sort of. Any missions you complete give you a non-failure certificate you can use to skip them in singleplayer. So I completed a few missions in online co-op, and when I get to them in the story they'll be done. If I hosted a game and did the missions I need to to progress, they would count. But it looks like you still need to run around and do story stuff to unlock missions whether you've played them online or not.

Xenoflare

If God Eater 2 Rage Burst indeed come out for the Vita in the west as physical games, I'll buy it twice.

Of course that would not happen

ramyeon

So when is this being released on EU/ Australian PSN?
Who knows? Sony have decided to not give a specific date for Australia's digital release despite the physical release already being out. At this rate it looks like we won't get it on PSN until Friday or Saturday when the UK and Europe gets it.
Probably the usual store update time, around 6-8 hours from now.
That would be great, but the most recent EU blog update changed the release date for Europe and UK to the 31st.

CrovaxPSO

Well, didn't get to play today because UPS apparently can't find my house and says my address is wrong, even though I've had dozens of delivers from them. Hopefully they can figure it out and get it here tomorrow.

ramyeon

Got to play for a bit and make my character, went as close as I could to my avatar of Makoto from Persona 3, with what I can currently use for customization:

Aigis is my Accessory for obvious reasons (robot girl? :p)

Here's my rap sheet:

Game is fun!
I miss Minato Arisato :(

What kind of customization is unlocked later on that isn't available at the start?

Korten

Banned
Anyone find it weird how it asks you name your character before you design them? I was like: "Well I'm not sure if I want to be a male or female..."

And you can't even go back to the name thing once you begin character creation... Just a weird design choice.

Anyone find it weird how it asks you name your character before you design them? I was like: "Well I'm not sure if I want to be a male or female..."

And you can't even go back to the name thing once you begin character creation... Just a weird design choice.

You can actually change all that when you're in the cell.

You can pretty much change all of your character attributes whenever you want after the introduction, name included. The panopticon swap you pay for.

Dsyndrome

Having fun this far, didn't get to play that much tonight due to celebrating a friend's birthday. Plan to work off much more of my sentence tomorrow, including the bullshit sentences thrown at me for just wanting to talk or stretch.

Ephidel

I'm guessing there was supposed to be some text here.
15654941445_23edb838f2_o.jpg
It shoves a #e at the end of Julien's name too, and I had to assume that wasn't quite right. I tried listening to see what the vocals actually said, but I couldn't really tell. Also, if you (beginning of CODE 2 spoilers)
go to talk to Mattias without getting the permissions to talk to other inmates and talk to other genders (if your character is female)
the last of the lines spoken by his accessory has your accessory's name attributed to it.
The jp demo didn't allow to make a sinner with a powerful beard like mine, so I didn't even bother making a male character.
No beards? I assume they forgot lol.
There are a few beards under the body sticker options. Not any powerful ones though :(

Top Bottom