• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

Fuck it. Pulled the trigger and bought it. I have several thousand hours across all the Monster Hunters, liked Soul Sacrifice, loved Toukiden, so why the fuck not?

Kensuke

Made it to Code 3. I'm not sure if I really like it. Shooting lacks any impact whatsoever and it's not very fun. Combat with the sword lacks the precision and finesse I love about MonHun-type titles. It's been super easy too, I got six stars on all missions. I'll continue playing though.

Got to play for a bit and make my character, went as close as I could to my avatar of Makoto from Persona 3, with what I can currently use for customization:

Aigis is my Accessory for obvious reasons (robot girl? :p)

Here's my rap sheet:

Game is fun!

welp if i can find some fitting glasses im naming my MC Chie Satonaka
fighting to keep meat from going extinct

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Just played my first few match of the versus mode. I think i'm in love. First match was again some high level Korean players, so we all got schooled. Second match on the other hand went in our favor some how.

Man, am I glad it's nothing like Lost Planet 1/2's versus, which was my biggest concern going into it.

swnny

Got my copy yesterday, but had to sociliaze myself a little, so I didn't play much (only few of the tutorial missions). Now I'm few story missions in and want to ask when does the online coop/versus is unlocked? Can't wait to play with fellow gaffers.
IGN: swnnyh, add me. :)

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Right, just to clarify this for myself; the game has a proper single player campaign? It's not geared towards multiplayer?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So how is the single player after that balancing patch? Any more wild difficulty spikes?

single player never was difficult unless you are bad at action tps games.

but the endgame & tenbatsu type of missions are the ones you need heavy hitting gear for.

Prelude.

Pretty sure source is Siliconera, which had an article about the Asia translation (without mentioning that it's Asia-only so far, and was posted days late) and didn't mention the Vita at all. But it is BS, since the actual announcement was obviously for both versions. They're full of crap, as usual.
Siliconera being incorrect and factious? Color me surprised.

The producer of the game said that Lost Song is on PS3 because of the west:
http://sgcafe.com/2014/10/sword-art-online-lost-song-ps3-ps-vita-coming-asia-2015-english/

Bandai Namco has localized only the PS3 versions of PS3/Vita multiplats in the past, but they would have to be really shitty to do that this time. The Vita version will already be available in English thanks to the Asian release.
Well, the producer also said that it would have been on PS4 so I guess Bamco-san made him change idea and he'll probably do it again about releasing a game only on PS3 in late 2015.

That's weird. A good choice anyway, the sooner they disappear the better.

single player never was difficult unless you are bad at action tps games.

but the endgame & tenbatsu type of missions are the ones you need heavy hitting gear for.

I seen some pre-patch Japanese vids of 2-hit kills etc. Kinda put me off. So it's only end game stuff ala Destiny that needs grinding/new gear etc?

Parakeetman

I seen some pre-patch Japanese vids of 2-hit kills etc. Kinda put me off. So it's only end game stuff ala Destiny that needs grinding/new gear etc?

its more prepping a weapons to give you the necessary damage output for the endgame missions. and salvage hunting on certain maps for components for the weapon module customization.

up until then you can make do without super serious gear.

Ohnonono

I own this game and had enough time to make and name my character and get to the point I can save. I love the setting and the look. That is what I got for now!

Akibared

I've always preferred ranged weapons in games like I was a bard in FF14 so I'm loving the focus of guns in this. Also I switched genders I love being able to do that without making a whole new file.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
The footage for the Japanese version clearly shows that it can read latin characters just fine. It still sounds like a Japanese person phonetically speaking English, of course, but it totally works! There was NO REASON WHATSOEVER to cut that feature out!!!
Other than the fact that names like Victor would be pronounced Bictah.

Decided to pull the trigger on this one. I'm in the Chicago panopticon (?) and PSN ID- HTVfanatic. Liking it so far, feels really snappy and responsive.

So did either of the patches address the balance issues people complained about? I obviously don't know how to tell so early in the game.

Parakeetman

So did either of the patches address the balance issues people complained about? I obviously don't know how to tell so early in the game.

Dont worry about it just play the game. Its not like knowing about it is going to help you anyways.

Sides the game wasnt even that hard to begin with. Asides from things that needed fixing such as enemies shooting out of their backs. Would usually happen with the snipers. As long as you understood that the AI doesnt attack if you stay out of their effective range with whatever weapon they were using they are not that hard to deal with. Until you get to the high HP tenbatsu mission ones.

If you guys are all caught up with the same patches Japan has then yes the so called fixes should be in there.

added my name to the form PSN: doctorblurg, Houston represent! Although I would've liked a Dallas option, oh well you can't win em all!

incpdo

Bought the game yesterday. Im buenos aires panopticon. I couldnt play it yet. The art style is nice. I'm hoping to get into it in a few hours as i am at work. I'm glad to hear about the patch for 8 players vs mode. I think this game is not gonna bomb .

khaaan

I caved yesterday night and bought it, and I'm so glad that I did. I only sunk in an hour or so but I really enjoyed my time with it. I really hope this game gets a solid community around it and if not, that Sony doesn't abandon the franchise because I think they have something really awesome on their hands here. When I was picking my panopticon I thought about picking Mumbai just because it was still at 0 when I checked =P
Ended up with picking Toronto.

Add me! (Quote to reveal)

Yui

It's also up on the German store for €24,99.
So, it seems like only the retail release got delayed by one week over here.

GReeeeN

has anyone tried this on a PSTV?, how does it look/ play with a controller?

has anyone also tried co-op with a Vita and PSTV through Ad-Hoc?

Meffer

Played it for a bit. Controls feel kinda stiff. Might go for a bigger weapon to fit that. It's no MH that's for sure.

Top Bottom