• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

Cookie18

Did you unlock fast travel yet? It helps immensely, it even labels where you should go. It should unlock once you finish
code 3 exam

But yeah, without it it's a pain in the ass.

Almost there I think. Just going
into the Cell Garden
now.

Really just want to be playing the missions again already. The ones I've played were so good.

The singleplayer is fun enough but playing online with party chat is where it really shines. So much fun. Just did a half hour battle against four abductors with BaraSailey, it stays exciting the whole time.

Type-Zero

My Freedom Wars character and accessory:
15659470561_3b039f2c79_b.jpg

He has that Xbox avatar stance down pat XD

And a close-up of my sinner:
15476668170_e866dca08c_b.jpg

Although it probably wasnt intentional your character looks just like Sanji from one piece.

On a real note, really liking the game I felt bad for laughing at the ways you get more time added to sentence. However it really nailed home the feeling of having to earn your rights as a human.

Gaz_RB

The operations in this game are so much fun but this story/fetch quest stuff in between is killing this game for me.

ramyeon

Really not too keen on the Factory system for developing new weapons and upgrading current ones. This is their replacement for a crafting/materials system? So you still need the materials to upgrade or create the weapon and on top of that you have to wait a specific amount of time? Ugh.

Akibared

Really not too keen on the Factory system for developing new weapons and upgrading current ones. This is their replacement for a crafting/materials system? So you still need the materials to upgrade or create the weapon and on top of that you have to wait a specific amount of time? Ugh.

Yeah waiting is a bit annoying I'm not sure what I'm expected to do during that wait time I guess go on missions with secondary weapons?

ramyeon

Yeah waiting is a bit annoying I'm not sure what I'm expected to do during that wait time I guess go on missions with secondary weapons?
It's silly, seems like a mechanic out of a free to play mobile game or something. Just went to upgrade my melee weapon and I have to wait 13 minutes.

Seil

It's silly, seems like something out of a free to play mobile game or something. Just went to upgrade my melee weapon and I have to wait 13 minutes.

Yeah it's a bit annoying. Using a citizen shaves some time off, though.

I have a tendency to do a couple runs through the cell garden or do something else while waiting.

ramyeon

Yeah it's a bit annoying. Using a citizen shaves some time off, though.

I have a tendency to do a couple runs through the cell garden or do something else while waiting.
Yeah unfortunately I don't have many high ranked civilians to assign at this point. Is the Cell Garden good for farming mats? Haven't gone back since (End of Code 2 spoilers)
I rescued Beatrice from there.

Yasumi

Banned
The operations in this game are so much fun but this story/fetch quest stuff in between is killing this game for me.

I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit, mostly for the world building and atmosphere. Quick Travel helps reduce the legwork if you really dislike it.

I really hated doing those early in the game. I finally unlocked fast traveling (god this game and its strange entitlements) and hopefully I can get through those faster.

ramyeon

Just got wrecked by a team of players from Hong Kong on VS that were obviously way better equipped than us lol. Each of them had 3 times the score I had. Didn't help that the lag was kind of bad, seems like PVP could be fun though.

If there are any Aussies in here that wanna do some co-op or PVP let me know, maybe our connection will be better. Just started CODE3.

Seil

Yeah unfortunately I don't have many high ranked civilians to assign at this point. Is the Cell Garden good for farming mats? Haven't gone back since (End of Code 2 spoilers)
I rescued Beatrice from there.

The Cell Garden seems to have some Field and General S mats from what I've noticed. Mostly get Non-Existent Non-Resources in sets of 3, though. They seem unique in that it only takes 8 of them to start a medical/munitions process rather than 15 like everything else. I've been hoping to see what the NPC's trade for them, but I can't seem find the NPC that wants 10 anymore x.x And I don't have 100 to turn into the other one, though I bet he won't give anything nice lol.

I wish there were more than 3 versions of the cell garden "maze" though x.x It's also weird that there are entitlements to increase the allotted time in the Cell Garden when it's just the 3 patterns that can be done in ~60 seconds or less lol. I have 3 minutes at CODE 4 and rarely do I see the 2 minutes remaining message.

----

On another note, I'm really disappointed the voice customization was removed. It's even worse since your Accessory and another NPC even tell you about it! >.< Just give us the appropriate character inputs and leave the feature in for those that can use it. I don't see a valid reason for removing a fully functional feature that was optional in the first place =/

Edit: Found the guy that wanted 10. Got 3 Regenerators lol. Much better to just throw them into a facility. 8 for 17+ items(20 in my case atm) from a facility.

Xenoflare

I also agree that the flow between gameplay and story stuff could be handled better.

I'm expecting it to get better later on once I get to the higher CODE levels.

FWIW, the character models looks great during cutscenes, but I think the MC's facial expressions are limited due to the fact that it's customizeable, the major NPCs look great, reminds me of a more vivid version of the cutscenes for Crisis Core and KHBBS on PSP. At least that's a plus.

Oh and character models is a big plus for me in general at least, they look fantastic, especially when you are in the Fueling Station and Zakka, bright, detailed and colorful. It's a really pretty game. It's very refreshing for me at least coming from Orochi 3U and SS Delta.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
FWIW, the character models looks great during cutscenes, but I think the MC's facial expressions are limited due to the fact that it's customizeable, the major NPCs look great, reminds me of a more vivid version of the cutscenes for Crisis Core and KHBBS on PSP. At least that's a plus.

Oh and character models is a big plus for me in general at least, they look fantastic, especially when you are in the Fueling Station and Zakka, bright, detailed and colorful. It's a really pretty game. It's very refreshing for me at least coming from Orochi 3U and SS Delta.

one thing though is the models facial structure have one large weakness when they are angled you can see pinching around the mouth section which looks really weird. could happen in god eater 2 also you can notice it on the civilians a lot

Mailbox

the
defense against the retribution
in CODE2 made the whole crappy panopticon moving around worth it. So good.

Cookie18

did not know that vita was so popular in Hong Kong and in South Korea.

I don't know about Hong Kong but it's really not even popular in Korea :/ I'm super surprised there are so many people in the Seoul one because the Vita is virtually non existent in Korea.

Xenoflare

I don't know about Hong Kong but it's really not even popular in Korea :/ I'm super surprised there are so many people in the Seoul one because the Vita is virtually non existent in Korea.

Yeah..... but a lot of Chinese players choose HK or Taiwan for their accounts and various home servers for console games, IIRC FW has a Chinese version, and Vita is really popular there, even more so than the 3DS. Probably because 3DS had the region lock and weak support compared to the Vita. Quite a few of Vita's "big" games has the Asian version (P4G, DW/Orochi, RO, SS etc.)

But with the 3DS piracy being made available, things could change.

alittlelove

Neo Member
Downloaded this yesterday - my first hunting game actually, but I like the visual style so I thought I'd give it a try.

The controls are actually a bit awkward for me though, taking me a while to get used to.

Yeah..... but a lot of Chinese players choose HK or Taiwan for their accounts and various home servers for console games, IIRC FW has a Chinese version, and Vita is really popular there, even more so than the 3DS. Probably because 3DS had the region lock and weak support compared to the Vita. Quite a few of Vita's "big" games has the Asian version (P4G, DW/Orochi, RO, SS etc.)

But with the 3DS piracy being made available, things could change.

3 or 4 years ago I would see people with handhelds on the MTR, but these days it's all mobile, so I'm not sure either Vita or 3DS is very popular in HK these days.

FUME5

I'm amazed that my city (Perth) is actually one of the Panopticon options.

We're going to be bottom of the rankings for sure.

Dsyndrome

Got some time to play today and got to Code 2, having a blast playing! Glad to see LA still the top American 'Con, no thanks to my meager donations.

Just got the new Vita, so I have no 3G radio. As such, I'm often without a network connection when playing. What issues will that create when playing this game? I was surprised to learn I couldn't play Destiny of Spirits at all without an active connection. I assumed I just wouldn't be able to access friend lists, etc. and my local progress would just be pushed to the servers when I did get online again.

Do Vita games typically have some kind of network requirements listed in the descriptions?

baekshi

Banned
Just got the new Vita, so I have no 3G radio. As such, I'm often without a network connection when playing. What issues will that create when playing this game? I was surprised to learn I couldn't play Destiny of Spirits at all without an active connection. I assumed I just wouldn't be able to access friend lists, etc. and my local progress would just be pushed to the servers when I did get online again.

Do Vita games typically have some kind of network requirements listed in the descriptions?

DoS is F2P... that works online like many of mobile games and this isn't one so you'll be just fine. When you have a network, you can upload your contributions to servers.

ramyeon

I thought that evacuating citizens would be a pain in the ass, and sometimes it is, but I do love the tension it adds to some fights. Also being able to tell the AI to do it for you is a plus.

Top Bottom