• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

this game is fun but a bit restrictive sometimes lol
jLLBngU.jpg

Cookie18

I got the pre-order item pack by downloading Freedom Wars today but don't see any of the items. It downloaded. Anybody know how to activate it?

Rurunaki

Loving this game, however, the life sentence proponent appears to be very superficial - having minor to zero impact to the game.

Hopefully in the next game they use the premise for the movie "In Time." Using your lifespan for resources, doing work to increase your "time." If your time reaches 0, permanent death to add value to the idea.

Airan

Liking the game so far. Being £20 was simply icing on the cake :D Also hell yes to London being #6! How on earth did we get high up so fast?!

JJP12

I finally earned the right to walk outside my cell so I approach a female sinner down stares and bam 20 year sentence for being within 1m of a member of the opposite sex. Then I get 20 more years for talking to her. As I'm laughing out loud about that, I get 20 more years for being silent 10 seconds. The best part is I blindly walk away into the direction of another female sinner and I get another 20 years. It's like minefield down there haha this game is great!

LX_Theo

Banned
I finally earned the right to walk outside my cell so I approach a female sinner down stares and bam 20 year sentence for being within 1m of a member of the opposite sex. Then I get 20 more years for talking to her. As I'm laughing out loud about that, I get 20 more years for being silent 10 seconds. The best part is I blindly walk away into the direction of another female sinner and I get another 20 years. It's like minefield down there haha this game is great!

I was lucky enough to go to the entitlements before I left for the first time and buy all the common sense ones like being near the opposite gender and talking to people, lol.

ramyeon

The stuff outside the cell all sucks. Huge barren areas with uninteresting NPCs. Doesn't help that at first your run time outside of your cell is limited. Tried giving material to NPCs who asked for them and it didn't seem to do anything. Weird.

Shiina

The stuff outside the cell all sucks. Huge barren areas with uninteresting NPCs. Doesn't help that at first your run time outside of your cell is limited. Tried giving material to NPCs who asked for them and it didn't seem to do anything. Weird.

I just unlocked quick travel so hopefully the story/fetch quest segments will be slightly less annoying now.

ramyeon

I just unlocked quick travel so hopefully the story/fetch quest segments will be slightly less annoying now.
I hope so. I'm doing the chain of fetch quests at the start of Code 2 now and it's really tedious. I wanted to jump into some hunting this morning and instead I'm pacing back and forth across this prison picking shit up for people.

Seil

I hope so. I'm doing the chain of fetch quests at the start of Code 2 now and it's really tedious. I wanted to jump into some hunting this morning and instead I'm pacing back and forth across this prison picking shit up for people.

When you finally finish that and the mission that opens afterward is when you unlock the quick travel entitlement, I believe. It really makes you appreciate the feature lmao. But yeah, I also wanted to be getting into missions at that point so it was pretty obnoxious.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

designer needs a slap in the head for that since does ruin the pacing of tge game and those shitty pointless 'stealth' sections.

they should give you something back in return.

ramyeon

designer needs a slap in the head for that since does ruin the pacing of tge game and those shitty pointless 'stealth' sections.

they should give you something back in return.
Weird, they didn't. It looks like you have the option of giving materials to almost every NPC without them even specifically asking for that material too. Gave one to someone and he said it wasn't what he was after but I didn't have the option to offer him something else. Odd.

And yeah the pacing is terrible at this point. This series of interactions just keeps going and it's always back and forth between the same areas. Waste of time.

LX_Theo

Banned
Weird, they didn't. It looks like you have the option of giving materials to almost every NPC without them even specifically asking for that material too. Gave one to someone and he said it wasn't what he was after but I didn't have the option to offer him something else. Odd.

And yeah the pacing is terrible at this point. This series of interactions just keeps going and it's always back and forth between the same areas. Waste of time.

Usually if you give someone something and they say that's not what they asked for... It just means you don't have enough of those items. Just odd phrasing by some of the NPCs you can trade with.

ramyeon

Usually if you give someone something and they say that's not what they asked for... It just means you don't have enough of those items. Just odd phrasing by some of the NPCs you can trade with.
That's some pretty bad translation. Unless it was like that in the Japanese script as well, which would be unusual.

Flunkie

Banned
This game is fun. What control schemes/sensitivities are you guys using? I like the Marksman one the best but it makes binding kind of awkward. I really wish I could play this with a PS4 controller or there was a PS4 version. Shooting and binding need to be on buttons that are accessible without taking your thumbs off the sticks. :(

Anywho, add me: Flunkie44, sinner's name is Jango Petrol. Let's get some coop going.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
This game is fun. What control schemes/sensitivities are you guys using? I like the Marksman one the best but it makes binding kind of awkward. I really wish I could play this with a PS4 controller or there was a PS4 version. Shooting and binding need to be on buttons that are accessible without taking your thumbs off the sticks. :(

buy a pstv and play with a ds3. ( ´∀`)

ramyeon

The sprint focused control scheme feels most natural to me since I'm used to using the right trigger to sprint in hunting games. Circle for thorn actually feels better than the default right trigger for thorn as well.

Xenoflare

This was not a big-budget localization. I would believe if it was just one or two guys doing the whole game.

One would expect a sony first party game would fare better. At least Soul Sacrifice had a decent localization. The screen caps at the help screens are all in Japanese, it's at least acceptable, when you have Sword Art Online as a comparison (seriously, that entire thing is worse than google translate, but that's Bamco)

Shows what Sony's attitude is towards Vita in the west, really

Xenoflare

All this back and forth bullshit is really annoying. I just want to play the damn game properly already.

Did you unlock fast travel yet? It helps immensely, it even labels where you should go. It should unlock once you finish
code 3 exam

But yeah, without it it's a pain in the ass.

LX_Theo

Banned
That whole section was getting on my nerves. Especially before I realized there was a map that told you where you needed to go. Once I figured that out, it got much more tolerable.

Top Bottom