• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
People will understand this comic eventually even without being able to read Japanese...
Read from left to right.

hPkrDPv.jpg
TWSwPce.jpg
JpdlLnk.jpg
08qmUXl.jpg
FAVTC6M.jpg
yhiAjV1.jpg
mhMSaym.jpg
aKCBbu1.jpg
suZNfzl.jpg
o7jvsBQ.jpg
ZvzVuS7.jpg

Shield is only really useful to raise your def and of your AI partners. Does help though. The actual wall skill is pretty useless.

I did stick to mainly the defense ibara towards the endgame stuff.

I can't really think of a reason why you would want to erect a defensive wall in this game.

Maybe it can be used to temporarily block off small hallways in PVP? That's about the only use I can think of.

Parakeetman

I can't really think of a reason why you would want to erect a defensive wall in this game.

Maybe it can be used to temporarily block off small hallways in PVP? That's about the only use I can think of.

Pretty much it would only be "sort of" useful against human opponents, since it doesnt work against AI. But the amount of time required to charge it is what makes it fairly useless.

Mailbox

Do you people use your real name on register? what name see the other people online? Name or last name?
I don't want to use my real name? should I use my nick on "Last name"?

I don't use my real name.
I go by "Miles Mailbox", which doesn't have a bit of my real name in it at all.
Feel free to name the sinner anything you want.

People will understand this comic eventually even without being able to read Japanese...

Eyup.
Except this has happened more with the ai sinners rather than the accessories... Huh....

I'm enjoying it so far (I think) but it's one of those games that throws wayyy too much information at you at once (imo). Maybe it'll slow down soon ish.

Flunkie

Banned
Come on Chicago, pick up the pace. Don't make me spend $2 to switch to NY. Alhough there's no benefit to being on a higher con is there?

Bairds

Neo Member
Friend was talking to the Freedom Wars guy at PAX and God Eater 2 came up, the team that has the rights is namco bandai. So if we do get it, expect a half-assed SAO:HF translation, unlike the polish that Freedom Wars has.

While I would be stoked to see God Eater 2 over here, I have no faith in Namco Bandai putting together a solid (hell, not even that, just competent) translation stateside.

Takuan

Fired this up last night just to create a character/accessory. Only played the intro portion, but was really surprised by the game's graphics; the presentation is very clean.

Looking forward to digging in tonight. Are co-op missions restricted to your Panopticon? I chose Toronto, hoping that doesn't limit co-op gameplay options (couldn't care less about PVP).

Scher

Got to play the game a bit yesterday and have been doing CODE 2 missions. The game play is pretty fun. Like someone earlier said, don't go into this expecting Monster Hunter, because it's a very different game, and I think it's better for it. It's fun using the thorns to hop around all over stuff, and having what is basically a cross between a third person shooter and a hunting game is pretty interesting. The smaller melee weapon feels kind of clunky and slow, though, so I'm just having fun swinging around a giant sword instead. One thing I am not liking, though, is the whole having a sentence thing.

Although the whole concept of stupid rules getting you increased sentences and all that is kind of amusing at first, it's really starting to get super annoying. Sure, the infractions don't really add a whole lot to your sentence, but I keep randomly stumbling upon stuff that causes an infraction without realizing it. Like, seriously, talking to a guard is bad because I'm obstructing their path, running more than 10 seconds is bad even though I just got an entitlement that vaguely states I can run 5 or more seconds, and my accessory got caught on a railing without me realizing it and now I've run too far from her.

This stuff is just getting super annoying and it makes me just want to ignore everything that isn't a story objective, and that's not very fun.

Malyse

Friend was talking to the Freedom Wars guy at PAX and God Eater 2 came up, the team that has the rights is namco bandai. So if we do get it, expect a half-assed SAO:HF translation, unlike the polish that Freedom Wars has.

While I would be stoked to see God Eater 2 over here, I have no faith in Namco Bandai putting together a solid (hell, not even that, just competent) translation stateside.
Naw, they just didn't give a fuck about SAO, as they could count on a certain amount of sales regardless.

God Eater: Burst's translation was pretty good. It had an English dub as well.

I don't know what happened with SAO but I would hope that they wouldn't do the same to GE considering how well they handled Burst.

Aerocrane

I've been having trouble with the multiplayer in Freedom Wars. I was able to play a match of PvP yesterday, but co-op keeps giving me an error about my DNS when attempting to search for a online lobby. I've tried restarting my router and the Vita, but the problem persists. It seems to be only in Freedom Wars as I'm able to browse the PSN Store and play multiplayer in Wipeout 2048 just fine. Has anybody else here had this issue?

Parakeetman

God Eater: Burst's translation was pretty good. It had an English dub as well.

I don't know what happened with SAO but I would hope that they wouldn't do the same to GE considering how well they handled Burst.

What happened is they used the Asian region script. Seriously.

Yasumi

Banned
So I added up the number of sinners for each Panopticon, and the total was 38,304. I assume this is pretty much equivalent to worldwide sales, excluding Japan. Better than I expected for the first few days.

kng3025

So I added up the number of sinners for each Panopticon, and the total was 38,304. I assume this is pretty much equivalent to worldwide sales, excluding Japan. Better than I expected for the first few days.

Was thinking of doing the same thing, but had to leave the house in a hurry this morning.. Not bad at all. I just hope the multi will be somewhat active for at least the next few months.

I'm about to test the sniper rifle in a real battle. My guess is it's only useful against sinners and accessories but I have my chainsaw to deal with Abductors.

What happened is they used the Asian region script. Seriously.

I don't think that would be an issue if the translation was up to par but my impression is that was not the case.

After doing some googling I found an article stating that the next game will have a better English translation so at least they have learned from their mistake.

Shiina

I think this might only include those that connected to the internet at least once.

nampad

The UI is just horrible. So I have some options available when I hit start, talk to the accessory or use the window of liberty.
Not overly complicated at all.

The amount of tooltip windows is jarring as well.
Am Code 2 now and can finally play online. Hope I can enjoy some actual gameplay soon.

Parakeetman

I'm about to test the sniper rifle in a real battle. My guess is it's only useful against sinners and accessories but I have my chainsaw to deal with Abductors.

I don't think that would be an issue if the translation was up to par but my impression is that was not the case.

After doing some googling I found an article stating that the next game will have a better English translation so at least they have learned from their mistake.

No what im saying is that they used the Asian script which had all of the issues and whatnots of being done for a non native speaking country. Whoever did the proposal and included the idea to use the Asian script was to most def cut costs and make it look more appealing to get green lighted yet at the same time seriously either did or did not know what a huge fucking mess the script was.

From what Ive heard it was pushed forward as is. Which is why its the mess the folks in the West got.

Flunkie

Banned
This game really starts to shine at the end of CODE 2. You get fast travel and the battle at the end of 2 is bad. ass. That basically made me fall in love with the game and solidified my opinion that the Sprinter controls are the best in the game.

Btw- how do you remove a sticker once you've put it on? ...

Jusoni

Bit the bullet on this one. 25€ isn't a bad price for a new game, if it was the normal 40€ I would've hesitated a lot more.
I'm diving in, wish me luck!

Anko

No what im saying is that they used the Asian script which had all of the issues and whatnots of being done for a non native speaking country. Whoever did the proposal and included the idea to use the Asian script was to most def cut costs and make it look more appealing to get green lighted yet at the same time seriously either did or did not know what a huge fucking mess the script was.

From what Ive heard it was pushed forward as is. Which is why its the mess the folks in the West got.
Any idea who did the localisation/translation? Because if it is Namco Bandai Singapore, English is the native language. But eh, Singlish and what not. I think I've seen too many horrible translations here to have any expectations for locally produced stuff.

38k online players world wide. I'm hoping that doesn't include the Chinese players since it was released quite some time ago.

Parakeetman

Any idea who did the localisation/translation? Because if it is Namco Bandai Singapore, English is the native language. But eh, Singlish and what not. I think I've seen too many horrible translations here to have any expectations for locally produced stuff.

38k online players world wide. I'm hoping that doesn't include the Chinese players since it was released quite some time ago.

Knowing Bannam they went for the lowest bidder this time around. Since these days in the translation field you have all sorts of fucksticks undercutting everything so you wind up with utter garbage like that. I can tell you personally that I do know their attitude towards localization in regions for SE Asia directly first with English is make it "passable", but does not need to be native level. They would prefer something to be passable and finished as quick as possible to cut down costs.

bishoptl can feel free to contact me if he feels that this info is false.

On a side note from what it looks like with SAO:HF is that it was an experiment for the West which is why it was DL only + shit translations / localization job.

Anyways enough about that.

You people go back to saving people and shooting things!

baekshi

Banned

Knowing Bannam they went for the lowest bidder this time around. Since these days in the translation field you have all sorts of fucksticks undercutting everything so you wind up with utter garbage like that. I can tell you personally that I do know their attitude towards localization in regions for SE Asia directly first with English is make it "passable", but does not need to be native level. They would prefer something to be passable and finished as quick as possible to cut down costs.

bishoptl can feel free to contact me if he feels that this info is false.

On a side note from what it looks like with SAO:HF is that it was an experiment for the West which is why it was DL only + shit translations / localization job.

Anyways enough about that.

You people go back to saving people and shooting things!
I believe the ones that did HF are doing Tales of Heart R right now - but now we are going off topic guys!

I'll be making a wall for "Rap Sheet" soon so would be nice to see people participate!

Korten

Banned
My one complaint about this game... Dear god did CODE 2 suck ass. I like story mind you, but please characters, STOP TALKING. Give me missions to do. Pretty sure I spent an hour walking back and forth... Hope I get more missions in CODE 3...

baekshi

Banned
My one complaint about this game... Dear god did CODE 2 suck ass. I like story mind you, but please characters, STOP TALKING. Give me missions to do. Pretty sure I spent an hour walking back and forth... Hope I get more missions in CODE 3...

Have you unlocked transport because it saves quite a lot of time. Press Square (need to be outside of cell)!!

Mikado

Got this yesterday. Loving the tone of the game and it looks pretty good for a Vita game. The few missions I managed to play last night up to Code 2 were short & sweet.

I have not found a control scheme that really works for me yet though. I'm finding it a pain to switch to O mashing without repositioning the controller, which makes it harder to respond to other events such as jumping off before getting thrown. I had less trouble developing my Claw grip back on MHFU.

baekshi

Banned
Got this yesterday. Loving the tone of the game and it looks pretty good for a Vita game. The few missions I managed to play last night up to Code 2 were short & sweet.

I have not found a control scheme that really works for me yet though. I'm finding it a pain to switch to O mashing without repositioning the controller, which makes it harder to respond to other events such as jumping off before getting thrown. I had less trouble developing my Claw grip back on MHFU.
You don't have to mash the O, you can just hold it down also.

Flunkie

Banned
I really need to like start on this
Yeah I had to stop playing Monster Strike to start this and I'm so glad I did.

Post #7, quote it to see.
Thanks!

Man this game is so awesome. I do wish I could just hold down the O button when freeing people/slicing off limbs because mashing it gets old.

Edit: Wow. Literally the same thing above! Lol! Does the meter go down slower, though, if you just hold it instead of mash it?

Edit 2: For those who find it hard to aim your thorn throws with O, use lockon. Hold down L (you can release it and it will still stayed locked on) and flick the right stick to cycle through the part on the Abductor you want to thorn onto.

Top Bottom