• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

jengo

Is the PS Store "preorder" DLC all that beneficial? Thinking of just picking it up at Target so I don't need to clean the 32GB fridge...

baekshi

Banned
Man this game is so awesome. I do wish I could just hold down the O button when freeing people/slicing off limbs because mashing it gets old.

Edit: Wow. Literally the same thing above! Lol! Does the meter go down slower, though, if you just hold it instead of mash it?

As far as I know mashing the O will not make it any faster so if that's tiring, you can hold it.

Dsyndrome

Holding O should be clutch; don't remember trying last night, but can you move around as you try to drag down the limbs?

SougoXIII

Hi there, I just got the game today and does anyone have a guide on how to get the specials rewards on each mission? It's bugging the hell out of me.

Hikami

I believe the tutorial said that mashing the button was faster than holding it down... but I wonder by how much??

Quite a bit. I don't remember seeing that in the tutorial but I've been holding it down the whole time and now just barely started mashing, seems a lot faster to me.
You even get extra animations when mashing that shows you how its being more effective.

baekshi

Banned
I believe the tutorial said that mashing the button was faster than holding it down... but I wonder by how much??
I dont remember this.
Quite a bit. I don't remember seeing that in the tutorial but I've been holding it down the whole time and now just barely started mashing, seems a lot faster to me.
You even get extra animations when mashing that shows you how its being more effective.

Neither I know about this extra animation you're talking about or have noticed a quite difference....

edit:
If anything, I saw nearly 0% difference.....

Hikami

Neither I know about this extra animation you're talking about or have noticed a quite difference....

When holding, your character stays in this position the whole time.

8adb39c22e.jpg

When mashing, your character switches to this position.

You can try it and see for yourself. Start out by holding, then start mashing and stop mashing. It's pretty noticeable when it switches between them and the bar starts going up faster.
I know its faster because I've been holding it the whooole time and just started mashing today.

Not this.
I thought we were talking about mash when you sever the pod/ take parts of abductors??

Testing that is a pain, I don't see why the same wouldn't apply there as well though.

baekshi

Banned
When holding, your character stays in this position the whole time.

I know its faster because I've been holding it the whooole time and just started mashing today.
Not this.
I thought we were talking about mash when you sever the pod/ take parts of abductors??

Cookie18

I tried mashing and holding O when severing and mashing was much faster although holding did still work.

Definitely mashing is fastest.

Seil

Here's my current rap sheet:

Still really not sure what weapon types I like x.x currently using a spear and a pulsar. I keep meaning to test the light blades vs flare knife in terms of severing speed. The flare knife seemed superior when I tried after first getting it, but I didn't bother to properly compare.

Edit: There may not even be a difference, I dunno =p But seems like something worth knowing.

There's way too much time between actually playing the game and everything else, but when the game is playing it's awesome. Really like it so far :)

Luigi87

I really like how the game lists your information (Panopticon, name, years remaining) on the Vita splash screen for it.

Seil

There's way too much time between actually playing the game and everything else, but when the game is playing it's awesome. Really like it so far :)

Not sure how far you are, but things felt a lot better to me in CODE 5. CODE 2 was the worst as far as pacing goes.(so far)

PigzFly

Hey guys, I'm totally lost on the first mission of CODE 2. After rescuing the first citizen, it all goes downhill. The enemies keep spawning in and for some reason my other team members don't want to help rescue other citizens, they just follow me around and attack enemies when they are close by. I've tried using the commands but that usually just ends up getting my accessory killed. What am I doing wrong? Any advice?

Cookie18

Hey guys, I'm totally lost on the first mission of CODE 2. After rescuing the first citizen, it all goes downhill. The enemies keep spawning in and for some reason my other team members don't want to help rescue other citizens, they just follow me around and attack enemies when they are close by. I've tried using the commands but that usually just ends up getting my accessory killed. What am I doing wrong? Any advice?

If it's the mission I'm thinking of I failed it the first time too. I basically just ignored the enemy players and focused on rescuing the citizens. Have your accessory carry the citizens and then you defend them as they take them to safety.

Edit: I'm trying to get the fashion accessory trophy where you have to give your accessory a makeover and then go to the lobby. I changed all his clothes and hair then leave the cell but it won't pop. Anybody know what I'm missing?

PigzFly

If it's the mission I'm thinking of I failed it the first time too. I basically just ignored the enemy players and focused on rescuing the citizens. Have your accessory carry the citizens and then you defend them as they take them to safety.

Hmm okay, so it's more of a race? Rather than trying to deny the enemy their citizen?

Seil

In the command menu, you can hit R or L, or tap the button in the top right to access party commands. The bottom-right one is generally for that mission type, so for rescue it's to focus on citizens.

I didn't have trouble with the CODE 2 one and just let the AI focus on killing stuff while running the citizens myself, but there's one in CODE 4 that involves rescuing 5 citizens. I generally command everyone to focus on citizens on that one, it's done in under 2 minutes every time without breaking a sweat =p

ramyeon

Edit: I'm trying to get the fashion accessory trophy where you have to give your accessory a makeover and then go to the lobby. I changed all his clothes and hair then leave the cell but it won't pop. Anybody know what I'm missing?
That trophy popped for me when I entered an online lobby with my accessory, maybe that's what it requires?
edit:
If anything, I saw nearly 0% difference.....
Mashing O is definitely faster than holding it. Both for dragging enemies and severing, it's actually quite noticeably faster.

Jams775

When do you get to change up your accessory? At the time I made mine I didn't really understand what I was doing. I thought I was maybe making my character again. Once I realized what I was making I wanted to change it but couldn't. I'm CODE 3 right now.

Seil

When do you get to change up your accessory? At the time I made mine I didn't really understand what I was doing. I thought I was maybe making my character again. Once I realized what I was making I wanted to change it but couldn't. I'm CODE 3 right now.

Upon reaching CODE 4 you can edit your Accessory.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Nice to see the impression. Place my order based on the positive response here :)
If i buy physical edition, do i still need to download the v1.20 patch, or is it already included? Thanks, and sorry if it already been asked.

Jams775

Nice to see the impression. Place my order based on the positive response here :)
If i buy physical edition, do i still need to download the v1.20 patch, or is it already included? Thanks, and sorry if it already been asked.

I got the physical edition and I did download a patch but it was like 20MB or something.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
As far as I know mashing the O will not make it any faster so if that's tiring, you can hold it.

no it does make it faster. all the devs did was add that you can hold down the button but there is no advantage to doing so besides not breaking your O button lol

According to the in-game tutorial the order goes

Tapping > Holding > Do Nothing.

Also thanks to whoever mentioned the Sprinter configuration. The game is a lot easier to control now with Dash on the R button.

I was planning on buying this game the day it came up but I got so busy. My weekend's pretty free though so I know what I'll be doing then ^-^

vocab

Amazon decided to be a bunch of cunts and take a week to deliver it to me when I had the game preordered since day 1. I have to wait until monday, and they shipped it three days ago.

Thanks

The more I play this game the more I like it. It was the last fight of CODE 2 that pretty much sucked me in. I liked the game until then, but during that fight it all just clicked. Played for a good bunch of hours, and finally got myself quick travel too, this right here made the game a lot better inside the Panopticon.

Top Bottom