• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

Seil

Personally, I would hold off on sawing off and releasing each of the tentacles/chains/whatever too quickly. Kill them as they are released to avoid having it become too unmanageable. If they revive, focus on them. I've played many online matches with Japanese players that have gotten the hang of things and we always take them down as quickly as we can. The boss becomes a pushover once you do that. His other attacks are easily avoidable. Remember to thorn your way out of the vacuum/suction.

Thing is, that doesn't work well with the gear one probably has at CODE 7 during story and with AI companions lol. That just results in "Oh god there are 8 chains, all the AI keeps dying to lightning bursts and I can't even stand up".

The longer, less efficient method ensures you won't get swarmed by a billion at once and keep things more manageable for that initial clear.

When you have good gear and/or competent people, it's another story though.

Chaos17

Wait it's multilanguage?!?!? There's Italian too right? I will buy it just for that(and all the rest lol).

There's one citizen at the Fueling Station that speaks engrish. Since she's the only one doing so (that I've found) I believe it's intentional.
She's still better than SAO:HF's localization.

Nina's lines always seemed ok to me, though.

This game is indeed translated for several languages ​​in the European version. It's written on the store : LINK

BbTK8uA.png

French, english, italian, german and spanish.

Anko

Thing is, that doesn't work well with the gear one probably has at CODE 7 during story and with AI companions lol. That just results in "Oh god there are 8 chains, all the AI keeps dying to lightning bursts and I can't even stand up".

The longer, less efficient method ensures you won't get swarmed by a billion at once and keep things more manageable for that initial clear.

When you have good gear and/or competent people, it's another story though.

I'll confess that I remember using the barbara and wrecking everything. If it becomes unmanageable, then.. cheese it + gun them down. I don't recall upgrading my weapons way beyond what was allowed at the time. I think I did max the damage out for a code 7 at around level 3 (?) after branching.

If possible, try and lead the chains further away, spread them out before taking them down. As I recall, there's a limit to how far the boss can revive the chains. Also, to avoid having the boss revive the chains, don't incapacitate/drag down the boss. The only time that skill has a chance of being used is when it is getting back up again.

Zareka

Yeah, my first attempt I immediately started sawing off all the boxes (for whatever reason I didn't have to deal with the 3 shields, they seemed to vanish after I dragged the boss down?) which took forever, and eventually the chains popped up. I ignored them and started sawing more boxes but I only got to around two before the second wave of chains was unleashed, revived the others and
"Oh god there are 8 chains, all the AI keeps dying to lightning bursts and I can't even stand up".

My second attempt was much the same, except this time I tried to take down the chains one by one as they appeared. I did terrible damage, everyone was dying, the second wave of chains were unleashed, revived the others and
"Oh god there are 8 chains, all the AI keeps dying to lightning bursts and I can't even stand up".

So I take it this time I'd try the same thing, but as long as I'm hacking away at the correct boxes, the chains shouldn't revive? I don't want to cheese it if I can, but if it looks completely hopeless then I might have to.
Also read that if you play it online you can do the 3 stages separately so you don't have to go through all that shaz.
I would do this if I didn't get booted from PSN the instant I joined a lobby. FW is the only game that I have an incredibly shaky connection on for some reason. I was lagging out of a game on ad-hoc. :|

Seil

Urgh. Note to self: don't make Will'O variants even though they're the only ones you like aesthetically because after level 5 you hit a wall. Seems Oltatum is only in special missions that I don't even know how we get like 303. I know 1XX can be given randomly after missions, and the 2XX ones are reclamation, but I don't know how 3XX ones work.

And beyond that, I don't even know if the third version of Peltatum is anywhere lol.

I was hoping the Oltatum in Showdown would work, but it does not =(

Time to make a new Barbara.

Zareka

Urgh. Note to self: don't make Will'O variants even though they're the only ones you like aesthetically because after level 5 you hit a wall. Seems Oltatum is only in special missions that I don't even know how we get like 303. I know 1XX can be given randomly after missions, and the 2XX ones are reclamation, but I don't know how 3XX ones work.

And beyond that, I don't even know if the third version of Peltatum is anywhere lol.

I was hoping the Oltatum in Showdown would work, but it does not =(

Time to make a new Barbara.

I've been saving upgrading my Shadow-something or other (1 handed sword) till I get the materials for a Will'O variant from the final boss...should I consider not doing that? I could have upgraded it to a +1 by now but thought waiting would pay off in the long run.

Seil

I've been saving upgrading my Shadow-something or other (1 handed sword) till I get the materials for a Will'O variant from the final boss...should I consider not doing that? I could have upgraded it to a +1 by now but thought waiting would pay off in the long run.

If you want the best weapons, you'll be replacing anything you use after CODE 8 anyway since you'd want to craft a rarity 8, preferably with the right growth type and so on.

But yeah, unless someone corrects me/there's something I missed, the Will'O path looks bad in the end =/

The impact versions of weapons are by default superior since you can upgrade base elemental values but not base impact, but the Will'O ones just look so much better >.<

Zareka

If you want the best weapons, you'll be replacing anything you use after CODE 8 anyway since you'd want to craft a rarity 8, preferably with the right growth type and so on.

But yeah, unless someone corrects me/there's something I missed, the Will'O path looks bad in the end =/

The impact versions of weapons are by default superior since you can upgrade base elemental values but not base impact, but the Will'O ones just look so much better >.<

Oooooh, I didn't consider that. I guess I'll go upgrade my swordy sword before I give this final boss another go though. More damage can only help.

I was going for the Will'O variant for the same reason, tbh. That black and red just looked so cool!

mstevens

So is it true that melee is really gimped compared to ranged? I'm getting to the end of CODE 4 and I've only really used the light sword (been sawing and dragging every abductor)

Is there a certain type of weapon you'd recommend I get to make things easier? Haven't had too much trouble so far, but I want to go into end game playing the most efficient way possible. Might as well start now.

Seil

Got another rarity 8 late bloomer Barbara after just 7 attempts. Boosted to 323 via one of Simeon's weapons since I still have those lying around. Now to get it upgraded then deal with the elements x.x

Luckily, I had intended to make an impact one with 25/25/25/25 soon anyway, so hitting a wall with my Will'O one isn't that bad.

So is it true that melee is really gimped compared to ranged? I'm getting to the end of CODE 4 and I've only really used the light sword (been sawing and dragging every abductor)

Is there a certain type of weapon you'd recommend I get to make things easier? Haven't had too much trouble so far, but I want to go into end game playing the most efficient way possible. Might as well start now.

Barbara's Easy Blaster is an amazing tool against abductors, but I didn't start really using it until after the story. I knew I intended to though haha.

I currently still use a light melee as well, considering giving the spear another go since I tend to use my Barbara more often than severing now anyway.

During the story, Light Melee + EZ Katze/Barbara was my primary loadout.

LX_Theo

Banned

Its mainly noticeable in endgame, if I understand it correctly.

mstevens

Got another rarity 8 late bloomer Barbara after just 7 attempts. Boosted to 323 via one of Simeon's weapons since I still have those lying around. Now to get it upgraded then deal with the elements x.x

Luckily, I had intended to make an impact one with 25/25/25/25 soon anyway, so hitting a wall with my Will'O one isn't that bad.

Barbara's Easy Blaster is an amazing tool against abductors, but I didn't start really using it until after the story. I knew I intended to though haha.

I currently still use a light melee as well, considering giving the spear another go since I tend to use my Barbara more often than severing now anyway.

During the story, Light Melee + EZ Katze/Barbara was my primary loadout.

So, I'm kinda big noob. How do I get Barbara's Easy Blaster?

Scher

I have no clue where to get a Comp. Turbine and it's annoying me because I can't upgrade my spear without one. Anyone know where or what I can get one from?

Seil

I have no clue where to get a Comp. Turbine and it's annoying me because I can't upgrade my spear without one. Anyone know where or what I can get one from?

Artillery type Abductors. I think it's a possible drop from their main gun on top. Make sure to go after the version you need a turbine from, as well.

Scher

Artillery type Abductors. I think it's a possible drop from their main gun on top. Make sure to go after the version you need a turbine from, as well.

Is there any kind of resource that I could use to determine what versions drop from what? All it says on the materials list is Weapon Component: Comp. Turbine and I'm not sure how to tell which version will drop that.

Seil

Is there any kind of resource that I could use to determine what versions drop from what? All it says on the materials list is Weapon Component: Comp. Turbine and I'm not sure how to tell which version will drop that.

Ah the weapon component. Different story, then. I think that drops from grenade launcher additional parts on the manmade abductors. All Weapon Component items come from attachments like the gatling guns, shield generators and so on.

There's also a Compression Turbine item that's dropped from the Artillery models specifically.

baekshi

Banned
Holy shit at hong Kong's GPP

The chinese/korean asian version are connected to the same server as our so they had a over month head start.

Hooray! New free DLC. :D

There's the paid theme in Japan. Who knows if it'll make it here. The icons look nice though.
Theme is coming but don't know when - looks nice but it only has like 3 or 4 wallpapers which is pretty disappointing for a paid theme.

Seil

When I manufacture I'm looking to make sure they aren't orange and that they have a high rarity, right?

Aren't orange? Do you mean the icon or modules? If you mean modules, then yeah, an orange module is bad. If you mean the icon, that's tied to rarity, rarity 2-3 is brown/orange.

Higher rarity means you can have more modules attached.

mstevens

Yeah I meant the rarity. I guess I won't worry about it for now, since I probably won't be putting many mods in before the end of the game. Just want a good gun that can get me to the end and that I can use to get used to using ranged weapons.

(I won't stop severing though, it's too much fun!)

Dsyndrome

Can't wait to get past Code 2, I'm tired of listening to Mattias and running around with no fast travel. Just got through the first Gardens place and hoped to get to another fighting mission, but now some dude wants me at the fueling station or something. I said screw that and started playing quick matches a couple codes above mine, still damn fun. Maybe I'll get through Code 2 tomorrow.

To UK folks - does anyone know if this available to buy in any of the big supermarkets? I'm looking to pick up a copy today, but would rather avoid wasted trips darting between Asda/Tesco/Sainsburys.

Can't wait to get past Code 2, I'm tired of listening to Mattias and running around with no fast travel. Just got through the first Gardens place and hoped to get to another fighting mission, but now some dude wants me at the fueling station or something. I said screw that and started playing quick matches a couple codes above mine, still damn fun. Maybe I'll get through Code 2 tomorrow.

Thought the same thing, but trust me it's worth going through with it. The next mission is great.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
This game is indeed translated for several languages &#8203;&#8203;in the European version. It's written on the store : LINK

BbTK8uA.png

French, english, italian, german and spanish.

I bought just for that
not true lol
Multilanguage Vita games are really rare and i want to support them, the next one is Tales of Hearts R.

Shiina

Honestly I still don't know how exactly endgame you have to be when melee weapons start to become unusable but I've done 8-1 through 8-4 and several retribution missions with alpha enemies and one with a D-class (forgot the name) alpha boss and it hasn't been a problem for me. Ranged is better but melee is far from unusable.

Honestly I still don't know how exactly endgame you have to be when melee weapons start to become unusable but I've done 8-1 through 8-4 and several retribution missions with alpha enemies and one with a D-class (forgot the name) alpha boss and it hasn't been a problem for me. Ranged is better but melee is far from unusable.

Agreed. The disadvantage of melee weapons is that you die a lot if you're too reckless. I wield a heavy/light melee combo and I'm not doing too bad in the endgame missions. You need to find a balance between chopping parts, dragging the abductors down and attacking with the heavy melee weapon (double charge) when they are stunned/down/looking elsewhere. When the inevitable happens and you die, having Last Legs helps A LOT and you can also tell your accessory to prioritize revival.

Zareka

Hmmm, male DLC hairs are pretty cool but none of them work with my character. The messy hair would look great if there was a face type without a razor sharp chin.

Anyone bought the warren outfit DLC? What's it look like?

Hikami

When the inevitable happens and you die, having Last Legs helps A LOT and you can also tell your accessory to prioritize revival.
Yep, last legs keeps you alive for quite a while. Your accessory will always come running to revive you on that setting so I've hardly had any missions with sustainability loss.

mauaus

This game shines on multiplayer, i LOVE it, its awesome on Vita TV too with a DS4. Who wants to do a few missions tonight?

aember

I just got the first entitlement, right after the tutorial, and I tried "I just want to talk" with my Accessory.

What happened afterwards made me fall in love with the game.

Is there anywhere with info or pictures of the new weapons and stickers paid DLC packs? I already know the outfit is Ann/Hal's one, but I can't seem to find out what is in these packs.

cyborg009

Banned
Easily my biggest gripe with the game is the utterly stupid crafting system and its randomness. To the point that I think I don't want to continue playing it.
The online for me is killing me since last nice online matches were awful. Soul sacrifice delta online was so smooth and simple.

Also the game had a weird moment in the story. We're your looking for that girl father and his partner was mention. The dude was outside the building but no one went to go talk to him...

I am EXACTLY where you are.

It's been a rough 30 minutes or so. I just want to PLAY THE GAME not run around MMO style!

baekshi

Banned
Is there anywhere with info or pictures of the new weapons and stickers paid DLC packs? I already know the outfit is Ann/Hal's one, but I can't seem to find out what is in these packs.

These are the weapons:

• EZ-Wolff I ausf.F: LV2 +2 Modular (Portable Artillery)
• Murasame Mk.9: LV2 +2 Modular (Heavy Melee)

Decals:
Customize the look of your Sinner and Accessory with additional stickers! Includes 40 stickers - 20 unique Japanese text designs in both black and white fonts.
Includes the following stickers:
• ‘s dog
• Central
• Politics
• News Reportage
• Education
• Underling
• Staff Member
• I can die for
• Boss
• No Heroes Allowed 2
• Spec