• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't know for other region but a friend showed me the localisation in french is horrible, I wonder if they will fix it later.

Wait it's multilanguage?!?!? There's Italian too right? I will buy it just for that(and all the rest lol).

Hikami

Oh wow, wasn't expecting that much stuff for the first week of free DLC, since the blog post only said;
I’m also happy to announce that we have several weeks of DLC planned for all of you, including free DLC every week until the end of November! Everything from weapon packs and hairstyle additions to battle music and sticker packs is on the way, so please keep checking back to download the latest content and keep your Sinner stylish!
I'll take the battle music next please. Tired of listening to only Jerusalem and Code Red III.

pariah164

UPS status: "Package transferred to post office"

287px-Breathing_intensifies.jpg

cyborg009

Banned
Retribution happen and I didn't understand why. I really don't understand what is On High... and why did the monster come out from? my our panopticon?

edit why are all citizens are short and look like children?

Retribution happen and I didn't understand why. I really don't understand what is On High... and why did the monster come out from? my our panopticon?

They tell you why in the game they're so short. Pretty early on I think, code level 2 maybe? Around there.

As for On High well....

Shit gets bananaaaaaaas

baekshi

Banned

that's stereotype

if you have a retribution, pls invite me so I can take off 10k years.

Hikami

The male hairstyles from the DLC look kinda ..'meh'
The female ones look nice though.

In my opinion of course.

aember

Hey guys, I'm just about to buy this game and I noticed that it has a ton of free DLC. Is there anything I should avoid or should I grab all of it? Will the "Combat Item" packs make the game easier or will I barely even notice them?

Gu4n

Guess Europe has to wait for another day or two before the hairstyles hit the European PSN. Really looking forward to it.

Just reached CODE Clearance 5, still sporting a Murasame Mk 9 (LVL5). The exam for CODE 5 was relatively easy in comparison to the optional quests that came before it, of which one had me lose my Accessory. It was pretty easy to get her back, though.

Really digging the game so far. I'm getting a bit fed up with all the rendezvous at The Warren after every single mission, but I guess the story has to progress as well.

Hikami

Hey guys, I'm just about to buy this game and I noticed that it has a ton of free DLC. Is there anything I should avoid or should I grab all of it? Will the "Combat Item" packs make the game easier or will I barely even notice them?

Not really, the combat item DLCs are just extra stuff like healing items and grenades.
You can't equip that many of them in the beginning of the game anyways since you won't have the rights for it.
The weapons from the "Bonus Pack DLC" aren't really that strong either so the game won't get any easier. I'd say just go ahead grab it all.

Zareka

New DLC? Why am I not on my Vita? Time to go download.

I'm jelly of how awesome the female clothes look compared to some of the male ones. CODE 4, 5 and 6 male options are horrible in all variations.

Edit: Crap, is it up on EU PSN yet?

Also, did anyone else get this when they tried to connect to the store? Ignore if already posted.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Just beat the main game (Saw the credits)

Had a lot of fun, don't think I will keep playing though. Really happy with this game, even though the story/characters were meh the atmosphere and world made up for it in my opinion.

Question about the post game, can someone answer this spoiler filled question please?
I know there's 5 more missions that god guy gives you after getting more sentence reduced. How much story is there here? Can someone just sum up for me what happens/if they talk about the great transformation that never gets resolved?

Gu4n

I'm jelly of how awesome the female clothes look compared to some of the male ones. CODE 4, 5 and 6 male options are horrible in all variations.
You know you can change genders in the Windows on Liberty screen, right? If that's what you're looking for, that is.

baekshi

Banned

Edit: Crap, is it up on EU PSN yet?

Also, did anyone else get this when they tried to connect to the store? Ignore if already posted.
I would assume EU tomorrow since that is when it will be updated .

Zareka

You know you can change genders in the Windows on Liberty screen, right? If that's what you're looking for, that is.
Yeah I know, I was just talking about the outfits though. I prefer being my male character, but the outfits that gender gets are kinda...meh. I love the 1st and 2nd options, though. At least I can make my accessory look pretty.
I would assume EU tomorrow since that is when it will be updated .
Darn. Customisation's one of my favourite parts of this game so I'm excited for the new DLC hairs etc. Oh well! Thanks.

Hikami

Pretty satisfied with these looks. Though I haven't changed my character since like Code 2. The male clothing and even the dlc hairstyle selections are eh..
My accessory somehow ended up looking like she just walked out of the Velvet room.

cf3876b17b.jpg

Seil

So what's this about DLC im hearing??

I'm getting the game Friday. Do I still get the DLC free? Or is it paid?

There's both paid and free dlc.

The hairstyles, eyes and color palette made available today are all free. As are a couple packs with some low level consumables lol.

The paid ones made available today include a sticker set, weapon pack(two weapons that I have no idea why someone would pay for...) and a Citizen pack(also not sure why people would buy these because you can get them easily in-game x.x)

Nice updates to the game, to those who played the japanese version, how many of these free updates did the game get? Can we expect a lengthy support for the next few weeks/months or is it just for a few weeks?

Amani

Glad I finally decided to check this thread out, completely forgot about the DLC.

Edit: Okay let's try this again, here's my dumb characters:

D5Xdpsc.jpg

Objection.

Yasumi

Banned
Glad I finally decided to check this thread out, completely forgot about the DLC. Welp, just got CODE 4, so time to show off my dumb characters:

*image tags*

Objection. Take that. Now take it harder.

You'll need to upload your picture to imgur or whatever first, and then put the direct link in IMG tags. GAF doesn't host pics.

swnny

Posting from my phonez so excuse any mistakes.

Are you guys playing online and whats your ping? Most of my matches are terrible because of bad lag. Really bad lag. :(

Shiina

Posting from my phonez so excuse any mistakes.

Are you guys playing online and whats your ping? Most of my matches are terrible because of bad lag. Really bad lag. :(

Playing cross Atlantic today with 3 bars but PSN has been wonky tonight. Been getting some disconnects from time to time.

MSMrRound

So...just a question...

Any tips on the best weapons to use/give my accessory etc? (Prefer weapons that can whittle abductors' health to zero quickly/fast severing).

Heard rocket launchers might be good for accessories? Or should I just chuck a mini-gun on them?

So...just a question...

Any tips on the best weapons to use/give my accessory etc? (Prefer weapons that can whittle abductors' health to zero quickly/fast severing).

Heard rocket launchers might be good for accessories? Or should I just chuck a mini-gun on them?
Mine's got a lock on swarm rocket launcher, great weapon for her. I tell her to destroy parts.

Zareka

what in the FRESH hell is this final boss

I swear I can barely get a hit in because I'm either dead or stunlocked by the million adds flying around. My team loves to huddle together and waste time before reviving each other by rolling in to the enemies.

I'm sitting at the mission failed screen just now and I'm going to hazard a guess and say I have to complete the previous 2 missions before it again. Great.

Shiina

I swear I can barely get a hit in because I'm either dead or stunlocked by the million adds flying around. My team loves to huddle together and waste time before reviving each other by rolling in to the enemies.

I'm sitting at the mission failed screen just now and I'm going to hazard a guess and say I have to complete the previous 2 missions before it again. Great.

Apparently the proper way to do it is to
first destroy the three purple shields and then saw off every box individually until none are left. I personally rambo'd my way through it and somehow survived.

Seil

Down to 437k years remaining now. Got my Barbara's modules mostly sorted as well. It's only level 4, though, so I really need to upgrade it lol. Gotta farm some Mk 4s x.x

Tips:

[2][3][2]
[3][x][3]
[2][1][1]

It will release three waves of chains. When viewing it from the front, that shows which chains are released in each wave. If you destroy a chain's box, the chain will be let free but cannot be revived once killed. If a chain's box is still around when the boss gets to low health and does its enrage burst deal, the chain will revive.

Ideally, you would sever/break some boxes and kill the chains before they would naturally be released, keeping them manageable. Chains are also very vulnerable to being dragged down. Drag it down and focus on its "head" if you can.

Cheesy, but the chains also can't get into the entrance area. So if you stand in there, they can't charge you. Their breath attacks can still get you, though.

sakuori

Waifu Wars returns! Get in this shit, gaffers.

Also Chicago passed Manila and Paris, fuck yeah.

Waifu Wars?
I'm in.
I'm pretty surprised with the sudden huge jumps from other Panopticons. Manila also jumped from 21 to 15 when I checked last night.

Anyway, Code 5 forever. I'm still grinding. :T

Anko

Personally, I would hold off on sawing off and releasing each of the tentacles/chains/whatever too quickly. Kill them as they are released to avoid having it become too unmanageable. If they revive, focus on them. I've played many online matches with Japanese players that have gotten the hang of things and we always take them down as quickly as we can. The boss becomes a pushover once you do that. His other attacks are easily avoidable. Remember to thorn your way out of the vacuum/suction.

ijed

lol FREEDOM WARTS?

I'm in AU - hoping it goes up today too :)

Cheesy, but the chains also can't get into the entrance area. So if you stand in there, they can't charge you. Their breath attacks can still get you, though.

Yeah this is how I beat the last boss too.

Also read that if you play it online you can do the 3 stages separately so you don't have to go through all that shaz.

Top Bottom