• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

Seil

Is there a crafting guide anywhere? I feel so lost. I'm in CODE 3 and I'm still using the dagger you start the game with. I'd like to not waste a ton of time and resources with trial and error...

edit: http://www.reddit.com/r/FreedomWars/comments/2kt500/a_guide_for_crafting_based_on_my_personal/

found this, might be a good starting point

I made this post a couple pages back.

I need to do some editing and update it with stuff I've learned since, though. Cover how growth rate works more in-depth and also working with modules.

Edit: Frankly, I didn't bother with modifying during the story at all. Seeing as you can't get Rarity 8 weapons until afterward, it just seems like a waste of time. I mostly just made sure my weapons were up-to date level wise. Adding a couple beneficial modules wouldn't hurt, of course.

Caladrius

It was nice of them to make you repeat both of the 20 minute fights that precede the final boss, which I nearly won no thanks to the cheap asshole tendrils that kept killing my teammates before they could reach me.

Seil

It was nice of them to make you repeat both of the 20 minute fights that precede the final boss, which I nearly won no thanks to the cheap asshole tendrils that kept killing my teammates before they could reach me.

=/ Tips on the final boss if you're interested:

Severing/breaking a chain's box will release the chain, but the boss won't be able to revive that chain after it's killed.

The chains are released naturally in three waves. The order of which, when viewing the boss from the front, is as follows:

[2][3][2]
[3][x][3]
[2][1][1]

Also, chains cannot get into the entrance area, though their breath attacks can still hit you in there. They can also be dragged down extremely quickly.

Caladrius

=/ Tips on the final boss if you're interested:

Severing/breaking a chain's box will release the chain, but the boss won't be able to revive that chain after it's killed.

The chains are released naturally in three waves. The order of which, when viewing the boss from the front, is as follows:

[2][3][2]
[3][x][3]
[2][1][1]

Also, chains cannot get into the entrance area, though their breath attacks can still hit you in there. They can also be dragged down extremely quickly.

I see. Thanks a bunch, mate.
I'll try ripping all of the chain cases out first.

mstevens

I made this post a couple pages back.

I need to do some editing and update it with stuff I've learned since, though. Cover how growth rate works more in-depth and also working with modules.

Edit: Frankly, I didn't bother with modifying during the story at all. Seeing as you can't get Rarity 8 weapons until afterward, it just seems like a waste of time. I mostly just made sure my weapons were up-to date level wise. Adding a couple beneficial modules wouldn't hurt, of course.

Did you make them at the factory, find them, or buy them usually?

Should I be leveling up factories? Just weapon ones? How many? How? This game doesn't explain shit, lol.

I've been really enjoying this game I don't usually like monster hunting games but I can't stop playing this one the only gripe I had is the menus other then that the game is great.

Seil

Did you make them at the factory, find them, or buy them usually?

Should I be leveling up factories? Just weapon ones? How many? How? This game doesn't explain shit, lol.

Combination. Since I wasn't too worried about modules or min/maxing weapons I would be discarding anyway, I just used what I felt like =p I never bought them from Zakka, though. Those are useful when crafting, for either shuffling modules or getting a quick level 5 to turn into elemental fodder, though.

As for upgrading, yeah. All you have to do is use the factory to gain experience up to the level you have a permit for. And since the permits are necessary to move to the next CODE level, just get them and then use the factories =p

I currently have 2 weapon, 3 munitions, 1 augmentation and 1 medical facilities. The munitions aren't because I need them, but because they're useful for grinding out stuff to donate haha.

mstevens

Combination. Since I wasn't too worried about modules or min/maxing weapons I would be discarding anyway, I just used what I felt like =p I never bought them from Zakka, though. Those are useful when crafting, for either shuffling modules or getting a quick level 5 to turn into elemental fodder, though.

As for upgrading, yeah. All you have to do is use the factory to gain experience up to the level you have a permit for. And since the permits are necessary to move to the next CODE level, just get them and then use the factories =p

I currently have 2 weapon, 3 munitions, 1 augmentation and 1 medical facilities. The munitions aren't because I need them, but because they're useful for grinding out stuff to donate haha.

Got it! Thanks for the tips.

Like I said, pretty overwhelming, but it's feeling better every day. I'm really liking the game.

sensui-tomo

if anyone wants help i'm in, got nothing to do but farming parts so i can upgrade some stuff, at code 6 btw, also testing out the defense and healing thorn just to see that playstyle work.

Hikami

Been upgrading my Barbara all day.
Having even more fun since it doesn't take me a ridiculous amount of time to finish a mission anymore.

We should be getting the first free DLC tomorrow though right? Hope its the hairstyles.

depward

I feel like they should bump up how much GPP you can knock off different Panopticons in the Invasion game mode. Would make rankings much more dynamic.

My Luffy finally got the hat he deserves

4Vex5D3.jpg

I also met Naruto & Hinata, Ronald McDonald and Mario. I think the game needs a bit more clothes options but otherwise the character customization is top notch.

Edit

How does one enter invasion mode?

You start an invasion operation in co-op. There are also big retribution operations you get as special missions (window on liberty) that give your Panopticon 10000 GPP. Those can be played solo or co-op.

Didn't realise this was out til I went on the store yesterday evening! Absolutely loving it so far. From London but currently travelling the world so I'm in San Francisco trying to help us stay in 8th ;)

baekshi

Banned

I also met Naruto & Hinata, Ronald McDonald and Mario. I think the game needs a bit more clothes options but otherwise the character customization is top notch.

What it really needs it to let us put stickers wherever we want, color them and of course... more than one sticker (this limit is ridiculous) .

mix n matching top bottom clothing also.

edit:
The possibility of making familiar looking characters would increase even without more clothing.

Seil

What it really needs it to let us put stickers wherever we want, color them and of course... more than one sticker (this limit is ridiculous) .

Indeed. It's also baffling considering there are stickers that work as a set, like the Freedom and Wars stickers x.x

Free positioning, or at least some manipulation like some vertical and horizontal range from the core positions, and a couple more stickers would make it actually worth playing around with.

Right now it's like "Guess I'll put this on my cheek and this on my shoulder. Welp, that's that."

Cookie18

Been playing soooo much tonight. Completely love the game and definitely going to reduce my sentence to 0 and get the platinum. I've tried to get into hunting games a bunch with Monster Hunter, Ragnarok Odyssey, Soul Sacrifice and now Freedom Wars. This one has finally hooked me! I can't wait to get back into Monster Hunter and Soul Sacrifice now that the hunting genre isn't overwhelming. Going to pick up Toukiden too.

What power levels do Code 6+ people have for light melee and light assault weapons? I just want to get a bit of a comparison to see if I'm on the right track upgrade wise.

Shiina

How do I get a Synthetic Damper: Biped Mk3? I've done 6-2 with All-Purpose- and Carried Bipeds three times now and been hammering away at their legs all fight long but they eventually die and I don't know if I actually severed the leg parts or not because there doesn't seem to be a visual confirmation. In any case the item hasn't dropped yet.

So I played some coop yesterday with randoms. Worked damn well, was intense, fun, and the rewards were pretty sweet.

I gotta say, I was just enjoying the SP for what it was, but that Coop tho!!!! So goooooood.

Will definitely be on it more. Looking forward to some games with you guys.

I played some co op with my friends yesterday and it was SUPER fun! Playing healer is really satisfying. I like how you can do all of the code's missions, then go into single player and basically watch cutscenes until the next code is unlocked. It would've been nice if you could automatically unlock the next code without having to do single player at all, but this isn't the end of the world.

pixxxelz

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but is this game good if you are only planning on playing single player?

I've been playing it solo and is a blast

Damn this made me realize my Aqua needs A LOT of work also when do I get to change the look of my accessory? I didn't change it at the beggining

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but is this game good if you are only planning on playing single player?

Should give you your 30 USD worth. Just dont expect much from the story and hang in there when some parts drag with having to run back and forth, warp etc to advance the story. But enough mission variety and other things to keep you more than busy with the game.

khaaan

The unthinkable happened for me last night, my Vita charger stopped working. I didn't get a chance to troubleshoot much, I tried plugging it into a bunch of different sockets and no luck. I'll have to go home and plug it into my computer and see if the problem lies in the USB connection or the adapter/outlet cable. I didn't even get to play a mission =(

mitx

Should give you your 30 USD worth. Just dont expect much from the story and hang in there when some parts drag with having to run back and forth, warp etc to advance the story. But enough mission variety and other things to keep you more than busy with the game.

I don't get what's wrong with the story. I've just passed the CODE 5 clearance exam (so I suppose I'm midway through the game) and i'm really liking the story.

Is it going to get worse or are my standard that low?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I don't get what's wrong with the story. I've just passed the CODE 5 clearance exam (so I suppose I'm midway through the game) and i'm really liking the story.

Is it going to get worse or are my standard that low?

Have fun finding out for yourself. :)

CrovaxPSO

The free hairstyle DLC is up if you search Freedom Wars on the store. There's some other stuff too, item and weapon packs, new color palette, but I'm not sure if those are new as well. Not all are free, so don't tap too eagerly.

Shiina

The free hairstyle DLC is up if you search Freedom Wars on the store. There's some other stuff too, item and weapon packs, new color palette, but I'm not sure if those are new as well. Not all are free, so don't tap too eagerly.

EU PSN only so far? Cause I'm not seeing anything on the US store.

Also I finally got those damned Dampers. Took me a while of hacking at Mk3 Biped's feet to get them.

CrovaxPSO

Also I finally got those damned Dampers. Took me a while of hacking at Mk3 Biped's feet to get them.

I'm on US. Just went to the PS Store on the Vita and searched for "Freedom Wars" and it all came up.

maouvin

I'm on US. Just went to the PS Store on the Vita and searched for "Freedom Wars" and it all came up.

They show up on the "new this week" section on the webstore too.

New hairstyles <3
There's some paid DLC too. Weapons and citizens. Nothing endgame tier, I think. Weird.

maouvin

I don't know for other region but a friend showed me the localisation in french is horrible, I wonder if they will fix it later.

There's one citizen at the Fueling Station that speaks engrish. Since she's the only one doing so (that I've found) I believe it's intentional.
She's still better than SAO:HF's localization.

Nina's lines always seemed ok to me, though.

Top Bottom