• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

depward

Continually surprised with FW. I am taking it really slow - beginning of Code 3 - but as a game I wasn't really hyped for finding it to be a nice surprise.

Does the game run smooth? I just finished Ninja Gaiden 2 on Vita and that was borderline unplayable in places.
I've never noticed any drops in the battles against abductors or PVP. Solo fights against AI humans can drop though, because there are more than 16 fully animated AIs running around fighting eachother.

Airan

What the fuck. Who thought a 40 min crafting time was a good idea? It's a fucking augmentation too, not a lv99 weapon or something, jeez...

What the fuck. Who thought a 40 min crafting time was a good idea? It's a fucking augmentation too, not a lv99 weapon or something, jeez...

Augmentations have way higher GPP values than weapons and resources. You can use a citizen if you don't want to wait.

mstevens

So, I don't get how online works. I sign up for online, and get put in a random group? Is it possible to pick a group that is doing the mission I am currently on? Will I be useless online at CODE 5?

Man I haven't been this addicted to a vita game since P4 golden. Co op is great and the best way to finish special. I found surprising that the elementals are really important.. Again..

baekshi

Banned
So, I don't get how online works. I sign up for online, and get put in a random group? Is it possible to pick a group that is doing the mission I am currently on? Will I be useless online at CODE 5?

Click on "Advanced Search" (No Operation limits or Code 5), then check if anyone has initiated code 5 operation or limited up to code 5 . Alternately, create your own room if all fails.

edit:
if that fails also, just jump in code 5 limited room or no limit room and kindly ask for help of the specific operation..

mstevens

OK last question for now... I never got the trophy for violating 10 laws. What's an easy way to do this? I bought most of the entitlements and now I can't seem to find one to violate...

SUPER EARLY into the game, this game seems INCREDIBLE. The atmosphere, graphics, concept and gameplay will go beyond any of the gameplay inbalances that I hear plague this game.

I hope this franchise continues, and would love to see this team work on PS4 as well.

OK last question for now... I never got the trophy for violating 10 laws. What's an easy way to do this? I bought most of the entitlements and now I can't seem to find one to violate...

Violating ten laws in sequence? That's some Demolition Man level stuff.

Use a citizen? Duh.

baekshi

Banned

I think maybe running for more than 20 seconds, or maybe try to talk to one of surveillances?

baekshi

Banned
I really wish you could do more with stickers. Some outfits have just terrible locations for them.

My thoughts exactly! You can't move them freely anywhere, and they just let you only ONE on body. Scaling is terrible also, and you can't color them in also like clothing.

My thoughts exactly! You can't move them freely anywhere, and they just let you only ONE on body. Scaling is terrible also, and you can't color them in also like clothing.

BOO KUSOGE

I like the character designs and customizing personally, they didn't have to go this far with it. I think I have a crush on my character.

Quick question about augmentation, can you increase the amount you can install as your code level increases? I'm currently at code 6.

Seil

Quick question about augmentation, can you increase the amount you can install as your code level increases? I'm currently at code 6.

Nope, 10 points is the limit. There are a couple thorn based augments at 0 though which is nice.

mstevens

I think maybe running for more than 20 seconds, or maybe try to talk to one of surveillances?

I only have the 10 second entitlement, but it's letting me run for as long as I want.

That would really suck if this was missable. I went out of my way to not violate anything.

Seil

I only have the 10 second entitlement, but it's letting me run for as long as I want.

That would really suck if this was missable. I went out of my way to not violate anything.

There are some forced violations in the story but I dunno just how many. But yeah, talking to surveillance accessories or some of the npcs in red can do it as well.

mstevens

I'm going to finish this game, but it's getting more and more frustrating to the point where it's not fun. I am not a fan of the clunky controls, crappy lock on system and getting chain knocked down by god knows what.

mstevens

There are some forced violations in the story but I dunno just how many. But yeah, talking to surveillance accessories or some of the npcs in red can do it as well.

I tried to chat and ask questions, all they say is "Caution! Sinners' cooperation in their own surveillance is compulsory at all times"

Some of the people in red will slap you with a violation for attempted corruption if you try and trade with them, and I think there's another that gives you one if you tell her you haven't memorised the Charter. You could try that.

Worked, thank you!

Ephidel

I tried to chat and ask questions, all they say is "Caution! Sinners' cooperation in their own surveillance is compulsory at all times"
Some of the people in red will slap you with a violation for attempted corruption if you try and trade with them, and I think there's another that gives you one if you tell her you haven't memorised the Charter. You could try that.

Edit:
Worked, thank you!
Glad I could help :)

Arzehn

Is there certain weapons I should be aiming to get? I've been upgrading the TB-32 (heavy bonus dlc weapon) because I haven't found a cutting weapon yet to compare besides the starting knife.
I've also barely used the guns because they all don't seem to do any damage. Obviously they're not as upgraded as my TB32 but I don't really want to upgrade a gun to find out its worthless in the end anyway.

I'm on Code 5 now, and the strat has been drag down and use heavy attacks. It works... but I feel like I'm missing something.

mstevens

OK This game is officially not for me. This damn 2nd CODE 5 mission is a dozen of sinners at me, and theyre just chain stunning me until I die over and over again. Controls are awful, lock on is awful. Battles are chaotic with no clear way to know what's going on.

Just so unpolished and clunky. I don't mean to insult anyone who is enjoying it, but this kind of frustration is not for me and my play style I guess.

If you like to run around the battlefield with pulling Ibara all over the place, you've to keep the Will'O meter in mind because it can screw you over.

You can have a Aug that makes you meter recover at incredible rate.

OK This game is officially not for me. This damn 2nd CODE 5 mission is a dozen of sinners at me, and theyre just chain stunning me until I die over and over again. Controls are awful, lock on is awful. Battles are chaotic with no clear way to know what's going on.

Just so unpolished and clunky. I don't mean to insult anyone who is enjoying it, but this kind of frustration is not for me and my play style I guess.

There is some unpolished aspects and clunkiness but you should admit, reading your posts, that you have problems even with the most simple mechanics.

baekshi

Banned
Is there certain weapons I should be aiming to get? I've been upgrading the TB-32 (heavy bonus dlc weapon) because I haven't found a cutting weapon yet to compare besides the starting knife.
I've also barely used the guns because they all don't seem to do any damage. Obviously they're not as upgraded as my TB32 but I don't really want to upgrade a gun to find out its worthless in the end anyway.

I'm on Code 5 now, and the strat has been drag down and use heavy attacks. It works... but I feel like I'm missing something.

Babara if you want to easily complete mission. Aftershadow is a nice melee weapon

mstevens

You can have a Aug that makes you meter recover at incredible rate.

There is some unpolished aspects and clunkiness but you should admit, reading your posts, that you have problems even with the most simple mechanics.

Like? Could you be more condescending?

It is not fun or good game balance to get chain sniped or knocked down, and no one could possibly defend the lock on system in this game. Those are two huge battle mechanics in the game.

Seil

It is not fun or good game balance to get chain sniped or knocked down, and no one could possibly defend the lock on system in this game. Those are two huge battle mechanics in the game.

What's wrong with the lock-on system? x.x

"Why I do get knocked down when I severing limbs?"

baekshi

Banned
I can't check right now but I've talked to simon and he gave me the four options and I chose to fight On High with him.

So you haven't completed the code 8 yet...
Do some operations, he will then give you a operation, then reward. Repeat until it's you're finished with code 8.

mstevens

"Why I do get knocked down when I severing limbs?"

That isn't exactly what I was asking, and I'm sorry for asking questions in an OT when being new to a game. I have never played before, and I assumed asking some veterans "What is the best way going about doing "x"..." would be appropriate. My newness to the game and genre doesn't mean I can't point out some obvious flaws that have been stated several times by lots of people.

cyborg009

Banned
So you haven't completed the code 8 yet...
Do some operations, he will then give you a operation, then reward. Repeat until it's you're finished with code 8.

I also want to see the other three choices... or I'm I out of luck?

Also I knew Carlos was a huge ass from the start...

That isn't exactly what I was asking, and I'm sorry for asking questions in an OT when being new to a game. I have never played before, and I assumed asking some veterans "What is the best way going about doing "x"..." would be appropriate. My newness to the game and genre doesn't mean I can't point out some obvious flaws that have been stated several times by lots of people.

Dude, I'm also new to the genre. This is my second Hunter-esque game (the first one was Gods Eater Burst).

Airan

Use a citizen? Duh.

No shit, sherlock. What if I didn't have any? Or only ones that only reduced by 2 minutes? Still bad design to impose such a lengthy time limit.

This X 8-1 mission, oh lordy. 2 waves of 3 abductors all at once. Definitely need a light melee weapon to saw off parts, those laser cannons hurt a lot.

Seil

No shit, sherlock. What if I didn't have any? Or only ones that only reduced by 2 minutes? Still bad design to impose such a lengthy time limit.

This X 8-1 mission, oh lordy. 2 waves of 3 abductors all at once. Definitely need a light melee weapon to saw off parts, those laser cannons hurt a lot.

I use a barbara for the parts =p. Liking my barbara/exodus combo.

Also, Power Up L + XL is a good idea for anything. Huge damage boost.

baekshi

Banned

Don't use lock on - the thorns aim is there so just imagine its point and shoot at it. Use guns to break down parts, use melee after when they are stunned or if you have upgraded barbara... blast way through it if you want to.

Seil shared some amazing stuff so look at his posts :p

I think this mission has 3 waves >.>

You can use Mission 7-1 (I think) to farm. Is a nine citizens rescue with only human/smallabductors enemies.

mauaus

Uugghh been trying for like 20 times to get a will o engine type 1 destroying the spider pod... Is there an easier way

currently on code 3 i got my oled vita yesterday (love the machine), it's the only game i got but so far it's super fun no lie especially playing online with a good team. i added myself to the volunteer list! NYC lets do this =]

is sprinter the best control scheme right?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Shoot people with your thorn to revive them from a distance.

It's faster too.

Qxd5oBj.jpg

Top Bottom