• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

Seil

0 sentence, wow. Is there a decent way to reduce it playing solo? I'm only Code 5 but it seems pretty slow, I'm only just reaching 800k I think, maybe even not there yet.

Congrats on freedom!

I think people are usually around 900k after finishing the story.

As far as solo goes, mine was all grind. I've barely played online due to difficulty finding rooms that offered what I was looking for or connection problems =/ I'd like to play online more but the connection is very hit or miss and it's such a hassle to get into another room when one goes bad x.x

The vast majority of my sentence was reduced by making extensive use of my munitions facilities lol. I would run through the Sector 2-4 Cell Garden mazes collecting Non-Existent Non-Resources when doing something like watching a show/video. Mindless multitasking =p

Edit: I am likely to jump online more without caring what missions I'm doing now, though, since I've reduced my sentence so I won't be as likely to go "But there are more productive things to do!". Though I still need to do some work on weapons lol.

Zareka

Will'O Diodes are Field items. You get one for getting 6 stars on 3-3 and they can be found as field items on Geofront maps. You can check what items can be picked up during a mission by hitting Select to access the Intel page. It'll show you what enemies will appear and what types of items you can pick up.

They can also be picked up in the sector 2-4 field item Cell Garden(there are three Cell Garden/Abandoned Sector mazes in sector 2-4 and three in sectors 5-8, one in each set has some abductor parts, one has field and one has combat items - all have Non Existent Non Resources)

Awesome, thank you very much. We'll go grab a couple ASAP, since the default down time is pathetically small. Keeping sustainability up is incredibly difficult without that aug.

Airan

Man I am having a rough time trying to stay connected online. First I get disconnected from lobbies and now I crash halfway through loading an online mission. Sony pls ; ;

Seil

Man I am having a rough time trying to stay connected online. First I get disconnected from lobbies and now I crash halfway through loading an online mission. Sony pls ; ;

I can't even get the Panopticon rankings to load =/ So not even gonna try getting online x.x

Heh heh. Rap sheet update.

2i7WDWH.jpg

64CtYBC.jpg

Hey Luffy!

@ExitPlanetDust: So it was really a GAF room? When nobody talked there I assumed the host changed and everybody left lol.

PSA: I don't know if this is true or just a coincidence but someone in GameFAQs is claiming that the network issues corrupted his save file. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/715590-freedom-wars/70507047
I named it as such, hopping it might bring in some GAF'ers. It was late and kind of spur of the moment so I didn't post anything in here. GGs though! I thought that was you. Your Luffy wasn't the same as a few pages back so I wasn't sure.

baekshi

Banned
Missions!!

Special Operations(After November 7)

Monday
XX300: Liquidation
XX301: Liquidation

Tuesday
DS306: Liquidation
DS309: Citizen Reclamation

Wednesday
FT303: Liquidation
CT308: Citizen Reclamation

Thursday
DS304: Liquidation
GO310: Citizen Reclamation

Friday
DS306: Liquidation
DS309: Citizen Reclamation

Saturday
FT303: Liquidation
CT308: Citizen Reclamation
XX305: Liquidation
FT307: Liquidation

Sunday
DS304: Liquidation
GO310: Citizen Reclamation
XX305: Liquidation
FT307: Liquidation

How to get
■How to obtain additional operations
You can obtain operations by selecting “Request Special Operations” from the monitor in the Cell after updating Read the Citizen's Voice by connecting online. You can then participate in the operations by selecting the Special Operations if you access from [Personal Responsibility Portal] ⇒ [Contributions Directory].

The operation will disappear from the Contributions Directory once you succeed or fail the operation. However, you can get it back as many times as you want from “Requesting a Special Operation” during the download distribution period.

Airan

They better fix the network issues quickly then. I've had no luck joining rooms today >=(

For those at end game, how hard is it to craft a Rare 8 weapon? Can they be dropped instead? I'm feeling the lack of damage with lv5 weapons now and I sorely need a new BEB.

DrFurbs

Okay I did the Code 2 thing. Got the citizen within 5 minutes out of a 30 minute fight?.. So now I have 2 factories with one running a new weapons.

Very nice game with nice atmosphere. Good story so far.

Seil

They better fix the network issues quickly then. I've had no luck joining rooms today >=(

For those at end game, how hard is it to craft a Rare 8 weapon? Can they be dropped instead? I'm feeling the lack of damage with lv5 weapons now and I sorely need a new BEB.

Just to clarify, Rarity only affects the number of modules you can have on the weapon.

I think Rarity 8 weapons can be dropped in CODE 8 or special missions but I dunno. That said, they aren't hard to get through crafting. Four of my five late bloomer rarity 8s were obtained within the first 10 attempts at crafting. And I usually got one or two other rarity 8s I didn't want in the process lol. Some people have had worse luck, though =p

Westraid

Just got the game today (along with a Vita), really liking it so far but I'm still struggling with the controls, there isn't a control set that seems to work just right for me yet.
It's probably also because I've never played on a Vita before though.

pariah164

Just got the game today (along with a Vita), really liking it so far but I'm still struggling with the controls, there isn't a control set that seems to work just right for me yet.
It's probably also because I've never played on a Vita before though.
Not just you. I'm not used to shooters, so I tend to curse a lot when I play.

I really should just roll melee only.

Sooo, are these special operations something that is feasible to beat solo at code 4 or are they aimed only at endgame characters? I know there is a trophy tied to clearing all of them.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
God Eater 2

In a development doc somewhere on youtube, they discussed how the development duties were handled, and it's seems that apart from the story, concept, and character design, Dimps handled the bulk of development.

So i'm guessing whatever amazing engine they used probably wasn't the same used in God Eater 2.

sakuori

Is there anyone else using the Asian English version with a Playstation Asia account?
The DLCs are still not up for the English version (checked two hours earlier) but they seem to be up for the Chinese/Korean ones. Or am I missing something here?

Also, I checked if those DLC from the Chinese/Korean version and Japanese version are compatible, it doesn't install.
If the Asian English version is this slow in updating contents then I might have to buy the game again. It'll be a pain in the ass to find an NA version of this game unless I go digital.

baekshi

Banned
In a development doc somewhere on youtube, they discussed how the development duties were handled, and it's seems that apart from the story, concept, and character design, Dimps handled the bulk of development.

So i'm guessing whatever amazing engine they used probably wasn't the same used in God Eater 2.

I'd like to see it.... because this is using God Eater's engine. why else would shift be involved in this? the idea of game probably came from sce

ncge2vita43.jpg

2014-01-22-001130.jpg

003.jpg

Prelude.

Did anyone in Europe get the pre-order DLC from Amazon yet? I think I should have received a mail or something by now.

I'd like to see it.... because this is using God Eater's engine. why else would shift be involved in this? the idea of game probably came from sce
Freedom Wars is jointly developed by God Eater developer Shift and Dimps, who are known for developing games like Street Fighter IV the Dragon Ball Z: Budokai series. Yoshizawa explains how development was broken up between the two studios.

“These two developers both produce high-quality, interesting titles, but in this case I wanted to utilize both of their strengths,” he writes, “so I asked Shift to be in charge of game design, character design and story, while Dimps handled programming, graphics and direction.”

baekshi

Banned
Did anyone in Europe get the pre-order DLC from Amazon yet? I think I should have received a mail or something by now.

The quote doesn't tell which engine they are using... also if Shift being in charge of game design could can mean using god eater's engine...

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Thanks Prelude. Sadly, the user that uploaded the 3 part video had his account suspended, so i can't link to it.

It had a ton interesting stuff in it too, like concept art Dimps made for Beatrice and then a comparison to the one the art director at Shift worked on along with some other really interesting tidbits, like the artstyle had a more realistic look to it and instead of thorns, the characters used chains. I'll see if I can find an article on it somewhere.
The quote doesn't tell which engine they are using... also if Shift being in charge of game design could can mean using god eater's engine...
It doesn't make much sense for Dimps to use the Shift's engine. Dimps was the primary developer on this game, so I imagine they would rather use the tools their own development team is familiar with.

this is using God Eater's engine

Source? This isn't the first time you mention this.

Because the credits supports what Prelude wrote:

Freedom Wars is jointly developed by God Eater developer Shift and Dimps, who are known for developing games like Street Fighter IV the Dragon Ball Z: Budokai series. Yoshizawa explains how development was broken up between the two studios.

“These two developers both produce high-quality, interesting titles, but in this case I wanted to utilize both of their strengths,” he writes, “so I asked Shift to be in charge of game design, character design and story, while Dimps handled programming, graphics and direction.”

I'm not sure how different game dev is or how Shift/Dimps work, but if you want to do things you either:
1. Give the work to people who knows the engine
or
2. Put someone with the knowledge of the engine into the team that will do the the work
(aka transfer of knowledge to a new team)

I think the chances of two different companies doing option 2 is very low.

Mailbox

Oh god! Edmonton retribution now :D

First non-code2 retribution. I'm so gonna die.

YAY!

Edit: Well so much for that. Badass fight and I failed. Should have know since it was a full rank mission and the code 6 end stuff was giving me trouble.

But man that was an intense fight. More of those please!

So if I want to take down abductor's quickly I should just upgrade the hell out of a Barbara Easy Blaster?

Yes.

IIRC, there's a vid on youtube with someone going double Barbara's Easy Gear, and he beat
that Limited special mission that has the 2x final boss variation (+2 spiders IIRC)
in ~10-ish minutes, and I think another guy who had gatling gun + dagger took 30 minutes.

The 2x spiders couldn't even move. One raise its butt, he shoots it, it fall down, the other one raises its butt, he shoots it, it falls down, too. He just cycled between them.

Now, imagine 4 person having double Barbara.

The vid was pre-Infrastructure mode patch, BTW.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Yes.

IIRC, there's a vid on youtube with someone going double Barbara's Easy Gear, and he beat
that Limited special mission that has the 2x final boss variation (+2 spiders IIRC)
in ~10-ish minutes, and I think another guy who had gatling gun + dagger took 30 minutes.

The 2x spiders couldn't even move. One raise its butt, he shoots it, it fall down, the other one raises its butt, he shoots it, it falls down, too. He just cycled between them.

Now, imagine 4 person having double Barbara.

The vid was pre-Infrastructure mode patch, BTW.

yeah thats the person i talk to at times, a coworkers personal friend.

baekshi

Banned
Source? This isn't the first time you mention this.

I'm not sure how different game dev is or how Shift/Dimps work, but if you want to do things you either:
1. Give the work to people who knows the engine
or
2. Put someone with the knowledge of the engine into the team that will do the the work
(aka transfer of knowledge to a new team)

I think the chances of two different companies doing option 2 is very low.

I'm not saying Dimps didn't those things, the characters, maps, placement of things(lobbies, text, etc) look familiar to God Eater. the dimps probably had improved quite a lot, and didn't they say had over 2 years of work yet the game felt rushed out when it came to japan.

I'm not saying Dimps didn't those things, the characters, maps, placement of things(lobbies, text, etc) look familiar to God Eater. the dimps probably had improved quite a lot, and didn't they say had over 2 years of work yet the game felt rushed out when it came to japan.

Sorry, I don't get your reply, considering what we're talking about is "Freedom Wars using GE engine ".

"looks similar" is not a good support for saying that they used 'GE engine'.

GE also had a far superior NPC Dialogue System and content. I've had a rant about this in the import thread.

'Lobbies'/'base of operation'/'hubs' aren't exactly weird considering that this is primarily (marketed as) a hunting game.

Top Bottom