• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

daydream

Banned
I am tempted to check this out but on the other hand, I've got way too much games on my plate.

What are the chances that this receives an expanded version in typical hunting game fashion?

nikos

Biggest issue with Sony systems is this lame wait for evening store updates.... I'm on EST and it'll probably be 6-7 before I can even download the game :(

I'm pretty sure Amazon download codes are working, if that's an option for you.

antibolo

Banned
YTetvq0.gif

Needs a "[propaganda intensifies]" caption.

OrigiNull

It does not and you do not get the pre order dlc now.

Already got mine with the DLC :D

But at you said, still can't actually download the game till its on the store.

I bought Fantasy Life on my 3DS on Nintendo's EShop at midnight Thurs/Fri ...... if Nintendo is beating you at anything "online" you really need to rethink your policies.....

ramyeon

Already got mine with the DLC :D

But at you said, still can't actually download the game till its on the store.

I bought Fantasy Life on my 3DS on Nintendo's EShop at midnight Thurs/Fri ...... if Nintendo is beating you at anything "online" you really need to rethink your policies.....
You think that's bad? The physical copy is out in Australia today but we have to apparently wait until the weekend to buy it digitally.

Rnr1224

This is pretty tempting, especially at $30. I'll probably wait for some impressions though. too many games on my plate at the moment.

nikos

Ugh, need to choose a panopticon before playing and I'm stuck. I'm terrible at making decisions.

Overcrowded NYC, where I live, or my nationality, which will probably have very little members in its panopticon.

One extreme vs another.

What's GAF doing?

EDIT: Went with NYC. I suppose I can always switch later if it's too crazy.

Groodon

Neo Member
No it hasn't. From a PS Blog update in August:

"To begin, we are incredibly thrilled to officially announce that Freedom Wars will launch in Europe on Wednesday, 29th October 2014, and in the UK and Ireland on Friday the 31st for €29.99/ £24.99."

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/19/freedom-wars-release-date-pre-order-announced/ (Note the complete lack of mention for Australia who for whatever reason is always lumped in with Europe. The Sony EU blog does a great job of completely ignoring that Australia exists).

Also the physical version is listed as releasing today (the 29th) for Australia. Kind of ridiculous if we have to wait a few more days to get the digital version...

Oh, I completely forgot about that. Why is it that UK get it later than EU? Is that a common occurrence? Now I'm sad that my copy hasn't shipped yet... have the game shipped for anyone in europe yet?

Thanks for clarification anyways :)

Trigger

Hmmm, put me in the camp of people who love the art style and concept but tired of the hunting rpg trend. I wish there was an English demo. I'll keep my eye on the thread and see how GAF likes the game before I drop any money.

Getting this on Thursday! Can't wait to see you guys online!

Add me on PSN: Zephyx

There's form on the first page that you can fill out to add yourself to the doc with all of our PSN IDs, don't forget to add yourself there if you haven't already.

Colin Moriarty the decent journalist at IGN just tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/notaxation/status/527125116342132736

He's one of the only reasons I still go on there. On podcast beyond both him and Greg Miller seemed to be pretty hyped for the game.

Soulhouf

Hmmm, put me in the camp of people who love the art style and concept but tired of the hunting rpg trend. I wish there was an English demo. I'll keep my eye on the thread and see how GAF likes the game before I drop any money.

The irony is that the hunting sections are by far the best part of the game...

depward

Does this have a story? I know it's a Monster Hunter type of game, but can it be enjoyed alone?

Wasn't gonna get it but at $30, not bad!

Your last point rings fairly true: it's a LOT easier to try a game at $29.99 than one at $39.99. Yes we're only talking $10... but for some reason it's easier for me to say eh, I'll give it a shot at that price point.

From what I've read, decent story elements and can mostly be enjoyed alone.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Just picked up my copy but I go to work in a few hours and this day one patch is taking a while to download.

Tigress

This was going to be a day one buy for me but the problem now is I have heard some bad rumblings about it and I'm poor so I'm debating on whether I really should put the money on it.

Add in that minecraft comes to vita in 2 weeks (I'm waiting for the retail version) and GTA V for PS4 in three weeks, and I'm trying to finish Borderlands 2 before I get minecraft for my Vita, not sure when I'd end up playing this so I think I'll wait until at least Minecraft isn't so new to me on the Vita.

I also am waiting for when enough people have played it that they can recommend whether I'd like it. For one I plan on playing it solo as I don't know anyone with a Vita to play with anyways. And I kinda wanted it to have good story and I keep hearing bad about that. I like that it has a lot of third person shooter aspects from what I hear but I wonder how much you can craft weapons. I really like the aspect of Monster Hunter where you get pieces and craft weapons but also grow plants for making stuff with like potions or even armor. I wonder how light the crafting system in this game is. If this has a moderate to good crafting system plus third person shooter aspect, the story may not be a big thing to me. But if it's just mostly third person shooter aspect, story would be more important.

Top Bottom