• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I was just checking out the OP and it occurred to me that while I haven't completed it yet, I still haven't actually seen the Propaganda Idols in game. Were they just advertising?

You know what would be great? Having the PV for the idol as part of unlockable in game. I want to see it without needing to go to youtube or nico2 (yeah, i know i can download it, but man, i feel like this is a very missed opportunity)

Also, finally, 3 R8 late bloomer weapon for me and my accessory!

Malyse

People weren't kidding about that final boss, what a pile of garbage.
It doesn't help that severing the boxes takes a million years, I focused entirely on that and only managed to take down 3 of them before the boss died. Infinite 2 hit kill knockdown by those stupid chains is the lamest boss tactic I've ever seen, plus they have way too much health and of course endlessly come back unless you give yourself carpal tunnel from attempting to sever.
Well, in the end I did it with 3 AI partners at level 4-6, an accessory with a 2.5k damage rocket launcher, myself with a Murasume with about 500 power and some minigun with about 800 power and a bunch of ammo/health packs.

Now you making me feel OP as fuck. My gear is at that level and I'm in Code 4.

Shengar

Got a R8 Barbara's but then I see it have 378 damage which it isn't the late bloomer :(
Still used it though, because my old Barbara is too busted for even Code 6 DPS race.

Beachwear is perfect for my pirates, but Luffy looks more like Ace now.

Azvodqy.jpg

I REALLY want an expansion/sequel though with more weapons and abductor variations. Sony pls. :-:

mstevens

The online infrastructure is so bad in this game. People disconnecting all the time, the game not registering when a room is full so you load in for 20 seconds just go get booted out, very limited search options, no option to filter out rooms that are already in combat, etc.

Seil

That happens random ?

Interact with the monitor in your cell and you should be able to claim special missions from it. Once claimed, special missions are in the menu like other ones.

When your Accessory has been taken, a special mission becomes available to get them back.

It seems like almost every CODE has a "citizen reclamation" operation that is actually about ignoring the citizens and killing all the hidden abductors that appear as reinforcements.

It's nice that they knew we wanted long farming missions where you fight eight abductors in a row, but why keep hiding it behind a fake objective like "reclaim 3 citizens"?

baekshi

Banned
It seems like almost every CODE has a "citizen reclamation" operation that is actually about ignoring the citizens and killing all the hidden abductors that appear as reinforcements.

It's nice that they knew we wanted long farming missions where you fight eight abductors in a row, but why keep hiding it behind a fake objective like "reclaim 3 citizens"?

ha yeah, in some missions you have to kill abductors before the abductor with citizen appears. <_<

edit: but I don't think I have seen this throughout the story.. I can't really recall well :/

Mephala

Is the "Right to Partially Unsupervised Activity" entitlement worth getting? It's super expensive but I can afford it now.

When running around in your Pan you sometimes get punished if you move too far from your Accessory who follows quite slowly. This entitlement gives you a longer period without this punishment occurring.

Not really worth it if you just slow down a little once in a while when running around.

ha yeah, in some missions you have to kill abductors before the abductor with citizen appears. <_<

edit: but I don't think I have seen this throughout the story.. I can't really recall well :/

It's usually in optional missions.

Like in 4-7: kill the first three abductors with citizens, then don't evacuate the citizens (and don't bring party members who prioritize evacuating citizens, like Beatrice or Marie) and keep fighting the new abductors that arrive.

At the end, two spiders show up.

I picked the 4th one :p

Yea, was thinking the same thing cos On-High and their retribution crap is getting annoying..

You'll get all of them eventually. IIRC the gifts are
some items, citizens, the revival of the guy or girl that you didn't save and 4 rarity 6 variants of each one of the two weapons you have with you.

Heck yes! More excuses for me to continue playing this game.. :3

Seil

Keep in mind those gift weapons are all growth rate/rank 1, too. So, they're best used to boost your own R8 late bloomers to their max potential.

So I just lost to the final boss. Turns out you have to redo the 2 previous missions just to fight it again.

What I really like is how it can instant kill your whole team with no way to avoid it.

So while it's spamming AOE attacks that you can't dodge, the chains stack up on each other and just use the flamethrower/charge move constantly which means nothing can be done when you get up as you're knocked down instantly until you die.

Really clever and interesting design. Whoever came up with that should get a pat on the back.

/s

baekshi

Banned
So I just lost to the final boss. Turns out you have to redo the 2 previous missions just to fight it again.

What I really like is how it can instant kill your whole team with no way to avoid it.

So while it's spamming AOE attacks that you can't dodge, the chains stack up on each other and just use the flamethrower/charge move constantly which means nothing can be done when you get up as you're knocked down instantly until you die.

Really clever and interesting design. Whoever came up with that should get a pat on the back.

/s
You can actually go online and do one of each. Then come back with non failure ticket to pass.

Seil

None of its attacks are unavoidable unless you spend the whole fight clinging to it, in which case it'll hurt you just like every other Abductor you try that on lol. It does have fewer useful tells than other Abductors for someone clinging to it, though. Stuff like closing up for its slam seem pretty out of nowhere.

The AI can be stupid against it, but hey that's nothing new either =p

I quite like the boss, honestly, and took it down on my first attempt though I had a few close calls and infuriating moments(mostly thanks to the AI being pretty shitty for that encounter)

I quite like the boss, honestly, and took it down on my first attempt though I had a few close calls and infuriating moments(mostly thanks to the AI being pretty shitty for that encounter)

While I didn't beat it on my first (or third) try, I really like Peltatum too. It's original and has it's own learning curve so you need more than some OP weapons to beat it. The next boss
Dionea
was such a disappointment compared to Peltatum,
"Oh hey I'm big and have a ton of HP so just upgrade your gear and cut my tail and wings off."

Another thing that has me scratching my head is the timer on upgrading weapons.

Coming from other hunting games where creating/upgrading weapons is instant being forced to wait on a needless timer is annoying.

And because of this you can't upgrade your currently equipped and are forced to un-equip it and use something different/weaker in the meantime.

If they ever make a sequel I hope this is something that's removed. It doesn't add anything to the game.

Coming from other hunting games where creating/upgrading weapons is instant being forced to wait on a needless timer is annoying.

And because of this you can't upgrade your currently equipped and are forced to un-equip it and use something different/weaker in the meantime.

If they ever make a sequel I hope this is something that's removed. It doesn't add anything to the game.

Definitely, this and RNG put together is just bad design.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

if they ever make another game they need a new producer and game designer.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
if they ever make another game they need a new producer and game designer.

Agreed. I wish I were enjoying FW but I'm just not. Like, I'm forcing myself to play through until at least the end of the story, since I bought it digitally and can't trade it in or anything (I need to stop doing this for games I'm not 100% on). Every time I play it I feel like I'd be having more fun playing the Toukiden demo (and if not for the item/money caps in the demo, I'd still be playing it), and I hate that feeling. =/

LX_Theo

Banned
Honestly, the games strike me as a good, fun game that would be great and could be amazing if given a proper sequel treatment.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Agreed. I wish I were enjoying FW but I'm just not. Like, I'm forcing myself to play through until at least the end of the story, since I bought it digitally and can't trade it in or anything (I need to stop doing this for games I'm not 100% on). Every time I play it I feel like I'd be having more fun playing the Toukiden demo (and if not for the item/money caps in the demo, I'd still be playing it), and I hate that feeling. =/

the problem with this game is you run out of goals as a player. mainly in this genre it would be getting new equipment. asides from the 2 mostly useless melee weapons you pretty much have everything else unlocked by endgame, might be forgetting something but not like it matters.

from there its upgrade & rng hell just to get dps to drop the endgame limited mission abductors.

not really the most exciting endgame contents once you are done with the story as mentioned there is nothing to work towards that feels rewarding.

dropping your sentence to zero also is a huge waste of time and doesnt change the story either.

unless you are into doing time attacks or want to help fellow gaf members and friends out hard to stay interested in the title once the story is complete and you realize there isnt much to work towards.

So I finally got my answer to that question I had about the citizens being short. It's explained in game, the citizens have been genetically modified to have small bodies so they don't use up too many valuable resources. LOL in this world it kind of makes sense, but this really was bugging me :p

As game design this might be a problem for some players, but to me both the real time crafting and the buy your rights mechanics suits the theme of the game.

One thing though that I found problematic when I started playing the game was the choose your own country and invade other countries as I found it nationalistic in a bad way (when I dressed my character in the colours of my own nation).

However, as I played some more the solution to my problem became clear.

I now have my accessory dressed in the colours of the swedish flag and my character now have clothes made for combat in colours that matches the different environments.

Another thing I have done is to give my character the name Yon Doh and my accessory a real "swedish" name. :)

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Agree. that and the RNG is the stupidest thing from this game. If they still going to implement timer in sequel, i wish they offer entitlement to remove the timer. That at least make more sense than the current thing we get.

I'll probably try to plat this and play online till the new dlc roll in. Let see how the DLC stuff going.

mstevens

Wow killing Dionaea solo without dying was much easier than doing that for Peltatum.

I'm trying to level my blaster to 9 but I'm missing a Ruined Cable: High Quality. It says it is a A high grade resource salvaged from the wreck of an Abductor. Does that mean it can drop from ANY abductor randomly? And tips on where to farm this?

cpooi

Not trying to be a spoilsport, but what are the chances of it getting an enhanced edition, like

Soul Sacrifice Delta,
Toukiden Extreme,
God Eater 2 Burst,
etc?

Don't really want to buy something and have an enhanced edition pop up next year. Also R3 EN ver has no DLC. Thanks Sony.
Personally I feel that it is 100%, but
what do you guys think?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Not trying to be a spoilsport, but what are the chances of it getting an enhanced edition, like

Soul Sacrifice Delta,
Toukiden Extreme,
God Eater 2 Burst,
etc?

Don't really want to buy something and have an enhanced edition pop up next year. Also R3 EN ver has no DLC. Thanks Sony.
Personally I feel that it is 100%, but
what do you guys think?

I said there's 99% chances there will be freedom wars: On High edition

Top Bottom