• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

DrFurbs

I'm at CODE3.. This game is certainly intense. The fights are brilliant.

Is there any good resources on how to use facilities?

Airan

Oh my GAWD I just realized you can affect the growth rate of a weapon by modding it with a weapon that is 'best-in-class' of it's growth bracket. I was wondering why my Rare6 Exodus Advanced was suddenly rank 1 (1.00) then I remembered I fed it the spear you get
by the god guy at the end of the story

This makes the crafting slightly less painful, I can accept Rare8 non-optimal Late-bloomers then jack them up if I get best-in-class weapons by crafting or looting :D

FIVE hosts in a row have been disconnected after 10+ minutes into each mission.

Horrible

I don't honestly understand why the online is like this, I tried hosting yesterday to clear the missions I can't beat solo and only get 1 bar (6mb download, 700kb upload connection, normally fine for hosting 4 player games). There was little to no lag in the actual missions, but it just kept on randomly dropping people from the room.

YoungOne

I don't honestly understand why the online is like this, I tried hosting yesterday to clear the missions I can't beat solo and only get 1 bar (6mb download, 700kb upload connection, normally fine for hosting 4 player games). There was little to no lag in the actual missions, but it just kept on randomly dropping people from the room.

Yea netcode is pretty bad I go into full bar rooms and it lags very badly with it forcing me back to my cell.

So many attempts and still no rare 8 babaras...

I'm personally done with the game after completing the story.

I don't really feel compelled to continue like I would with say Monster Hunter for example which provides a lot of stuff to do past the main story stuff.

An updated game that continues the story would be great though.

cyborg009

Banned

I don't really feel compelled to continue like I would with say Monster Hunter for example which provides a lot of stuff to do past the main story stuff.

Pretty much how I feel. By the way its weird that they only had one mission were you guide a abductor and a few capture the beacon missions too.

YoungOne

Main thing drawing me away is this stupid weapon crafting system. Shame cause I really like this games gameplay, I do plan to get to a 0 sentence though.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Main thing drawing me away is this stupid weapon crafting system. Shame cause I really like this games gameplay, I do plan to get to a 0 sentence though.

I'm in the same boat. The crafting is just absurd for this type of game. I can actually forgive the shallow enemy pool because I find everything fun to fight but geez...

Airan

God damn people have no patience in this game. Waiting for a full party for some retri missions and people leave if the mission doesn't go in 30 seconds, sigh.

Ephidel

Code 8 Clearance obtained!
And now spoilers!
I can completely understand why people were talking about the ending because yeah, that was... abrupt.
Somehow walking into a place Fruitcake Abel refers to as Hell, and a home to monsters, through a load of Evangelion-ly stabbed Abductors in a Chaos-End-Wasteland to find a creepy guy (who looks quite like him, actually) with Cesare as a servant and Aries draped over his chair isn't reassuring, and getting a weapon immediately referred to as belonging to the "first of the Fallen" isn't at all ominous, but hey, lets go flying on a dragon. Is it wrong that I was so hoping being given a giant spear to end the fighting between two sisters meant I was going to stab one of them? I mean, apparently that's how problems are solved On High.

Also - come on :(
I knew Carlos was a shady bastard, that was why I liked the guy so much, but do I really have to lose him as a playable character? I don't care that Mr "did I mention I'm a spy yet?" was a spy, that he quite literally stabbed me in the back after his "warfare should be carried out face-to-face" speech, has even worse fashion sense than I thought if he thought those glasses looked snazzy, or that he has a sneer that almost fell off his face just now -- he was my favourite character and the only one whose equipment I'd maxed out so far. That, and beating the flying squid abductor was so much easier with him in my party than it was playing with random bots ad-hoc.
... and now I'm reminded that I have those stupid Code 6 Discretionaries to do that I skipped before, and I want Carlos back again :(

On that note though, 7-4 and 7-5 weren't as bad as I expected
although I suppose I had cheated by "training" ad hoc with bots beforehand. I'd done it to get the free passes because I'd heard how awful it was doing 3/4/5 in succession, but it kind of felt like it would be cheating to use them so I gave it a go anyway and it was so much easier with characters I could actually choose. And experience, of course. I didn't manage to max rank either of them (I 5*ed 7-4 and 4*ed 7-5) but it kind of felt rewarding to do them "as intended", even if I kind of undermined that by going in forewarned.

... And now for some more talking, some more missions, and an attempt to really understand the weapon creation/upgrade system. Good job I have some of those posts from before bookmarked ^^

Would it be useful to bring one of the long-range rifles for the final boss? With all these late-game missions it just seems easier to stay as far away as possible, assuming that the map provides enough room.

Einbroch

Banned
Been playing for a few hours.

Holy crap, I cannot wait for fast travel. The loading times and constant running around are absolutely killer. The combat is starting to open up a little more now that I sort of know what I'm doing, but man, these beginning hours are rough. Not hard, just...rough to get through.

FireSol

Uhh...on Code 4 almost in 1 seat and I need take a reast. I love this game, didnt thought that this game will suck me in and my mind will switch to the "one more mission" state. Also in my opinion the art style is on of the best in hunting games, really like the character and Abductor designs

khaaan

I just got one of my weapons to level 5 and I have the option to change it or keep on going, is there a general recommendation as to which path should be taken?

Edit: And when I say "path" I mean should I keep on raising its level or do I let it reset back to 1 ASAP and start the process over?

Finally got to CODE 5. I was way OP. I finished the exam in about a quarter of the allotted time. I've been wasting a lot of time weapon crafting and playing co-op online with random's. I have a common chainsaw that I've over-leveled to hell. It saws through abductor limbs pretty quickly.

I just got one of my weapons to level 5 and I have the option to change it or keep on going, is there a general recommendation as to which path should be taken?

Resetting puts your weapon on a different upgrade path with better stats. Either reset inmediately at level 5 or not at all.

The general recommendation is to reset and choose the impact-boosting model (always the first one in the list), since you can't boost impact damage any other way. Another consideration is that each of the other four models requires parts from special abductors that you might not encounter for a while.

I did make a few elemental rather than impact weapons because some weapons don't really seem to benefit from impact damage, and because I didn't want every weapon to be competing for the same upgrade materials. If you're making ultimate endgame weapons, though, you're going to go for the impact model.

pixxxelz

So I just opened up a room requesting for help with CODE 8 exam 3 people joined and we took down that thing in less than a minute WTF!

Is that the power of the mythical endgame Barbara's? o_O

DrFurbs

GAF - of I'm making munitions and health packs and allocate all.. What does that mean. I mean, if I give 10 do I get back more. I think I'm missing shizzle...I have no clue what in doing.

people

GAF - of I'm making munitions and health packs and allocate all.. What does that mean. I mean, if I give 10 do I get back more. I think I'm missing shizzle...I have no clue what in doing.

Your Munitions and Medical Facilities can take 15 resources as input. You can either allocate all (15) of a certain resource by pressing Triangle or allocate different amounts of different resources with Square.

You can start a production run with less than 15 resources if you want, but you will get less output. Higher level Facilities produce more items. Also, you can mix resources of different rarities to influence what kind of items you get.

baekshi

Banned
Your Munitions and Medical Facilities can take 15 resources as input. You can either allocate all (15) of a certain resource by pressing Triangle or allocate different amounts of different resources with Square.

You can start a production run with less than 15 resources if you want, but you will get less output. Higher level Facilities produce more items. Also, you can mix resources of different rarities to influence what kind of items you get.

right think putting higher rarity resources produces high rarity items.

Dantis

Got this the other day. Surprisingly cool little game. Sony released it at a smart price point too.

I hope Sony JP carries on making games for the system.

sakuori

Got myself to Code 7 on my R3 account yesterday but I decided to restart on my R1 account.
'cause why not?
Plus R1 DLCs still work on R3 copies so I guess I'll stick with this one.

CODE 5 spoilers
I'll choose Ann this time lol

Seil

Does module purely determined by RNG?

A Rarity 8 weapon will keep/inherit 7 modules if possible during modification, the other 5 are random.

So, if you have 4 modules on the weapon and modify it with a weapon that has 3, you'll get those 7 and up to 5 random ones.

You can control one of the random modules by using a material that adds a module. Effectively meaning you can have complete control over 8 of the 12 modules.

Shengar

A Rarity 8 weapon will keep/inherit 7 modules if possible during modification, the other 5 are random.

So, if you have 4 modules on the weapon and modify it with a weapon that has 3, you'll get those 7 and up to 5 random ones.

You can control one of the random modules by using a material that adds a module. Effectively meaning you can have complete control over 8 of the 12 modules.

My Pod Damage XL and Damage +20% are gone during one of the modification process, so I'm kinda pissed :/
Does older modules moves down after each modifying process until they got replaced?

Seil

My Pod Damage XL and Damage +20% are gone during one of the modification process, so I'm kinda pissed :/
Does older modules moves down after each modifying process until they got replaced?

On rarity 8, up to 7 modules are kept or inherited. Now, if there are more than 7 on the weapon or between the two weapons, which ones will be random.

Like. If there are 8 already on the weapon and you merge with a weapon that has 3, you'll have 7 of those 11 modules but which ones will be random.

You would need to go to the module removing NPC and purge some that you don't want first so that the two weapons total no more than 7 modules to guarantee that all of the ones you want are kept.

Let's say your weapon has 8 modules, 4 that you don't actually need or care about. So you go get rid of those 4 for 20k EP and merge with a weapon that has 3 modules you want. Now you have those 7 modules and up to 5 random ones.

Edit: There are also materials like Selenium that can help with controlling your module inheritance, but I found the method of simply purging unneeded/unwanted modules via the NPC more appealing.

Shengar

On rarity 8, up to 7 modules are kept or inherited. Now, if there are more than 7 on the weapon or between the two weapons, which ones will be random.

Like. If there are 8 already on the weapon and you merge with a weapon that has 3, you'll have 7 of those 11 modules but which ones will be random.

You would need to go to the module removing NPC and purge some that you don't want first so that the two weapons total no more than 7 modules to guarantee that all of the ones you want are kept.

Let's say your weapon has 8 modules, 4 that you don't actually need or care about. So you go get rid of those 4 for 20k EP and merge with a weapon that has 3 modules you want. Now you have those 7 modules and up to 5 random ones.

Edit: There are also materials like Selenium that can help with controlling your module inheritance, but I found the method of simply purging unneeded/unwanted modules via the NPC more appealing.

Oh I see, so I should go that NPC if I want to keep some of my modules, but what she says is kinda scares me. Actually, how much the service cost?

Shengar

5000 EP / module removed.

Every module you remove costs 5000 EP.

Edit: Too slow

1347764600635.jpg
There I hoped that the 5000EP will be just the initial cost, then turned out what feared is the truth,
For each module removed cost I need to fight Abel&Red Rage for five times. This is bullshit, unless there is really an easy way to farm those 5000EP.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
There I hoped that the 5000EP will be just the initial cost, then turned out what feared is the truth,
For each module removed cost I need to fight Abel&Red Rage for five times. This is bullshit, unless there is really an easy way to farm those 5000EP.

you newbs had it easy we had to deal with this without the removal system. lol

Seil

Most of my EP came from grinding down my sentence with munitions facilities as detailed here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137851621&postcount=1640

I can't say I ever looked into farming various missions to see how it compared, though. I did that since I could multitask and make some progress while doing other things haha.

YoungOne

The part I am on now. I am doing the method mentioned by seil and playing a bunch of online special missions when it decides to work.

Shengar

7-4 is where you fight against Abel&Red Rage right?
It wasn't that hard, at least for me, to be completed with AI partners. In order to makes the fight manageable, you have to give command "suppress personel" to your AI companions so they'll focus their attack on Abel, which is much more of a threat than Red Rage especially when go unchecked. Keep your range, don't let him aggroed to you and always keep your AI partner alive.

Top Bottom