• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

Seil

So, I'm super interested in this game. How essential is the online to enjoy it though? Is the online something you have to try and pre-make a group for, or is there some form of matchmaking?

It's not necessary, but it definitely makes things more fun. You can make or join existing lobbies, no need to pre-make a group.

theimmortalbum

Neo Member
It's not necessary, but it definitely makes things more fun. You can make or join existing lobbies, no need to pre-make a group.

Cool, that's what I hoped to hear. Wonder if I can use this as part of Target's B2G1F and pick up oh, COD, this, and.. I don't know. Hm.

mstevens

Oh. My. God.

I had no chains left. The game crashed.

Holy. Shit.

edit: DID IT! YES! By the way, I wasn't just trying to kill him.. was trying to get the trophy about not getting revived.

I wish people would stop making low-mid code lobbies and then change to doing special operations after 1-2 missions. I ended up in one where the chosen mission had Imitation Red Rage and a bunch of other abductors - literally couldn't even put dent into Red Rage :(

Mephala

Is Barbra the assault rifle that has about 5 shots in the clip? I keep seeing it mentioned maybe I should make one for this boss.

I'm currently backing a spear with 600~ damage and a machine gun with 450 or so. Just can't kill the boss and its bits fast enough.

Final boss, I think the second one spawned when the other boss was at half health. My partner had a extremely OP barbara but he disconnected in the middle of it so I had to finish it off with the AI.

Spoiler image if you didn't beat the game.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2MiGPdCMAADrxc.jpg:large

At least that mission doesn't have
alien AI in the form of On High fighters.
. Good luck doing it with bots though'.

Q: What's a good weapon/OP to grind the 9999 bullets trophy? Because after 160 hours of playing the game I'm pretty sure I didn't fire more than 160 bullets. ;-;

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
At least that mission doesn't have
alien AI in the form of On High fighters.
. Good luck doing it with bots though'.

Q: What's a good weapon/OP to grind the 9999 bullets trophy? Because after 160 hours of playing the game I'm pretty sure I didn't fire more than 160 bullets. ;-;

how can you have played 160 hours and not come up with an answer?

how can you have played 160 hours and not come up with an answer?

Because I obviously only used melee and didn't even care about the guns. They might not have been there and it wouldn't change a single thing about how I played the game. I only used a heavy melee weapon for the story missions but it was too slow for the special OPs so I added a light melee to the mix. Now my main weapon is a Damascus sub-weapon with 1515 dps along with a 2040 dps Caliburn that I'm using less and less and they are a great combo for most ops, special and retribution included.

Edit: Thanks Scher.

Scher

If you're looking to do the 9999 bullet trophy, just grab an MG-M7 or a similar autocannon with a large number of rounds. MG-M7 is my main weapon, and that thing carries about 1000 bullets without upgrades. It also fires super fast, so it should get you 9999 bullets shot fairly quickly.

Finished the main campaign and reached code level 8 and I really liked it. I just want to keep playing and get that sentence out of my hair and build me another casket hair
B2NfpaFIEAA0BnY.jpg:large

Nny7229

I am loving this game, but having a hard time with dmg output. I am using a light weapon (so I can cut limbs) and a sniper rifle.
I have Ea's Knife lvl 2 with 538 power and SR-42/LA lvl 3 with 1076 power.

The problem I am having is that I never have the materials I need to upgrade. I also really like the ability to saw off parts so I am ok with the lower dmg output of light melee weapons. What do you guys suggest? Any mods I should focus on?

Also I like to give my accessory heavy weapons and let her "cover me". I have been wondering if I should switch to a more automatic weapon and give her a sniper or other high power weapon she can use at a larger distance.

Here is my current character if anyone cares:
nWvf0o7.jpg

Rap sheet!

London Panopticon, currently on a trip round the world so only really playing this on the overnight coaches or late nights in hostels, which kinda limits my ability to play online to a schedule (too much drinking to be done!)

Absolutely loving the game so far tho, at Code 5 with all requirements complete for the Code 6 exam. I don't know if it helps that I only seem to get in a couple of hours at a time but some of the complaints I've read in reviews don't seem to bother me at all. And I actually really like the default control scheme. I haven't even really struggled with the AI yet!

Feel free to add me (as long as you're not from LA, we are so catching you up! :p) and I'll keep a look out for any of you playing when I'm online on a decent connection, I would really like to try the co-op. Been trying to convince my travelling partner it's worth getting a Vita just so I've got someone to play this with ha. Not been too successful so far.

maouvin

Nick tweeted yesterday about an alternate voices pack coming later this month. No details on what it is (can't link atm, sorry).

Is there such a thing on the JP version? Could it be our alternative to the lack of voice/pitch customization for the accessories?
I hope it's an accessory thing, because I surely don't feel like we need more sinner voices.

anddo0

Is there no purple in this game?

I'm trying to get as close to Kyoko Kirigiri as possible. But I can't find the right colors.

Sitrus

Nick tweeted yesterday about an alternate voices pack coming later this month. No details on what it is (can't link atm, sorry).

Is there such a thing on the JP version? Could it be our alternative to the lack of voice/pitch customization for the accessories?
I hope it's an accessory thing, because I surely don't feel like we need more sinner voices.

There are two voice packages for the jpn version, both are accessory voices, male and female.

So far it seems far more efficient to do PvP to raise your city's GPP than do co-op to lower another city's, given that the bonuses for PvP are massive. I got nearly 30,000 GPP for a single match that took maybe 5 minutes.

So I just started the game. Just finished the code 2 exam.

Is there ANY way to drag down abducters with out having to mash the O button???? Is there a way where I can just hold down the O button?? Lol

Shiina

So I just started the game. Just finished the code 2 exam.

Is there ANY way to drag down abducters with out having to mash the O button???? Is there a way where I can just hold down the O button?? Lol

Yes, you can just hold down the button. It won't be as fast as if if you were mashing but it's good enough if you hook onto a part that's easy to drag down (usually the feet or arms).

Yes, you can just hold down the button. It won't be as fast as if if you were mashing but it's good enough if you hook onto a part that's easy to drag down (usually the feet or arms).
Oh ok. Does it just work automatically or is it an option I have to set? I feel lik I've tried before and nothing was happening. I'm playing solo btw.

Shiina

Oh ok. Does it just work automatically or is it an option I have to set? I feel lik I've tried before and nothing was happening. I'm playing solo btw.

Nope it's automatic. You were probably trying to drag down a part that is difficult to drag down like the chest or head or something. I believe your cross hair (with a melee weapon) becomes blue when you're aiming at a part that's easy to drag down.

xxczx

They become more difficult to drag down the more times you do it too. I wish there was an AI command for "HELP ME DRAG THIS ABDUCTOR DOWN DON'T JUST STAND THERE"

Emalde

Nope it's automatic. You were probably trying to drag down a part that is difficult to drag down like the chest or head or something. I believe your cross hair (with a melee weapon) becomes blue when you're aiming at a part that's easy to drag down.

Yellow. Blue is a severable pod, red is a severable component.

Perona

Welp, I hit a wall I guess with upgrading my weapon since the material I need is found in retributions and I don't have the patience for getting them to show up/hoping I get the material.

All the AI characters have different priorities - some characters prioritize abductor dragdowns, some prefer severing, and some will just run up and melee all the time.

I can't remember which characters prefer dragdowns at the moment, but try them all.

pixxxelz

I think is time for me to start working on weapon crafting and stuff, the few missions I've done for CODE 6 have been brutal, And I don't think I can make it to CODE 7 with my current equipment.

Also does the flare knife make any difference when severing abductor parts? I've been using it for quite a while now but I feel like is not doing anything

Nishastra

Banned
I think is time for me to start working on weapon crafting and stuff, the few missions I've done for CODE 6 have been brutal, And I don't think I can make it to CODE 7 with my current equipment.

Also does the flare knife make any difference when severing abductor parts? I've been using it for quite a while now but I feel like is not doing anything
It just lets you sever parts without having an actual light melee weapon. Because severing speed is determined by attack power, a good light melee weapon will beat a flare knife every time.

Ephidel

The Flare Knife allows you to sever parts when you're not using a weapon normally capable of severing. If you actually use a short sword then having a flare knife in your useable items offers no additional benefit, and from testing it severing using the flare knife is slower than using a sword, especially if you're using a decent one or one that you've upgraded at all.

I haven't tested the Flare Knife+ yet though.

Edit: Ah, beaten to it. Never mind :)

seabass0

I just got to CODE4 and I feel like I'm really "getting" this game now. It's really hitting it's stride and I cant stop playing or thinking about it.

Did some co-op CODE3 missions last night with some buddies and had a ton of fun. It blows my mind that Vita can handle Party Chat alongside a game like this. Really a technical marvel.

My biggest complaint is how the "Proof of Non-Failure" things work after completing a co-op mission...I wish I didn't have to load into a battle completely for that to be registered. A minor complaint in the grand scheme of things, in what is truly one of the best reasons to own a Vita.

pixxxelz

It just lets you sever parts without having an actual light melee weapon. Because severing speed is determined by attack power, a good light melee weapon will beat a flare knife every time.

The Flare Knife allows you to sever parts when you're not using a weapon normally capable of severing. If you actually use a short sword then having a flare knife in your useable items offers no additional benefit, and from testing it severing using the flare knife is slower than using a sword, especially if you're using a decent one or one that you've upgraded at all.

I haven't tested the Flare Knife+ yet though.

Edit: Ah, beaten to it. Never mind :)

I see, this explains it then since I'm a light melee user

People weren't kidding about that final boss, what a pile of garbage.
It doesn't help that severing the boxes takes a million years, I focused entirely on that and only managed to take down 3 of them before the boss died. Infinite 2 hit kill knockdown by those stupid chains is the lamest boss tactic I've ever seen, plus they have way too much health and of course endlessly come back unless you give yourself carpal tunnel from attempting to sever.
Well, in the end I did it with 3 AI partners at level 4-6, an accessory with a 2.5k damage rocket launcher, myself with a Murasume with about 500 power and some minigun with about 800 power and a bunch of ammo/health packs.

I just got to CODE4 and I feel like I'm really "getting" this game now. It's really hitting it's stride and I cant stop playing or thinking about it.

Did some co-op CODE3 missions last night with some buddies and had a ton of fun. It blows my mind that Vita can handle Party Chat alongside a game like this. Really a technical marvel.

My biggest complaint is how the "Proof of Non-Failure" things work after completing a co-op mission...I wish I didn't have to load into a battle completely for that to be registered. A minor complaint in the grand scheme of things, in what is truly one of the best reasons to own a Vita.

Yup I bought a OLED vita for it, plus P4G should arrive tomorrow. This game seriously makes time fly by.

Ephidel

I was just checking out the OP and it occurred to me that while I haven't completed it yet, I still haven't actually seen the Propaganda Idols in game. Were they just advertising?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I was just checking out the OP and it occurred to me that while I haven't completed it yet, I still haven't actually seen the Propaganda Idols in game. Were they just advertising?

basically yes huge wasted opportunity again

Shengar

Trying the last mission 3 times without losing sustainability and failed. Then I just said fucked it and killed the hell out of the last boss anyway -_-
Those minions are fucking nightmare, I really need friends or better weapon
This game is so anime.

Beside Matthias. the stock character they use is bearable though. Some are just lovable like Elfriede.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I am really enjoying the character creator. I feel like I can finally make that certain anime looking character without being super disappointed.

Top Bottom