• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

Yui

Does anybody know what's up with the German release of the game? It will release everywhere in Europe tomorrow, and on Friday in the UK.
But Germany seems to get it a week later? Why?

I really hope that's just the case for the retail version and we still get the digital version tomorrow.
I don't really know why but it has been the same with Senran Kagura Burst. (I know different system, but still.)
We got the digital version on the same day as the rest of Europe, while the retail version was delayed by several weeks. I assume it has something to do with the German box art/text? But of course I don't know.

Edit: Now that i think about it. Maybe we were supposed to get it on friday like the UK, but since it's "Reformationstag" in some places, they had to delay the release?

krossj

I'll be picking this up later in the week but quite busy and SMT IV is out soon too so not sure when I'll get round to it but hopefully there will still be an active online community after initial launch.

Hikami

Well then.. my game arrived earlier than it should have.
Seems like I'm not getting else anything done today.

Tigress

i think they wanted something less focused on the crafting side and more action based. though its ironic that endgame you will be going insane trying to max out a weapon with the best modules which also requires constant farming runs for a particular map resource.

the idea is semi similar to god eater where no real focus on armor more just weapons and consumables plus accessories. just this game added the real world timer thing. its not too bad though since usually finished by the time you are back from a mission or done with creating other junk.

this most def is a unique title that is worth checking out regardless of all the flaws. cant go wrong for the price too and you have a community to play with here which will most def make for a more enjoyable experience than playing solo.

Well, I was more interested in it for the combo of crafting and having to go out and fight and find stuff to craft. Without the crafting aspect, it really loses a lot of appeal to me (and frustrates me cause for me so much wasted potential cause aside from story, everything else I heard sounds great when combined with a good crafting system).

And I don't tend to MP much. I suck at games so it's not fun playing against others when I'm just dieing every 2 seconds cause everyone is way better than me (even newbies many times) and co op is a little better but I always feel guilty for the fact that at best I'm not doing anything (at worst, I'm hampering the other players which is more likely).

Seil

Probably buying this today. I had a physical pre-order, but I ended up canceling it. Now I want it again and will probably go digital. Too bad PSN is having problems -.-

Soulhouf

So what were the major complaints about this thing? It looks pretty neat and is 30$.

In addition to what Parakeetman said, I have some other complains such as long loadings for a cartridge game, a messed up lock-on system (especially switching targets), slow downs and input lag.
Also some button assignment are really bad such as the action button which also serves to use the equipped item. As a result it's not rare that you find yourself using a precious item instead of picking up a loot for example. Also assigning thorns to the same button as the shooting one can be problematic especially with input lag.
Finally, a smaller complain but I would liked a button that instantly positions the camera behind you.

baekshi

Banned
In addition to what Parakeetman said, I have some other complains such as long loadings for a cartridge game, a messed up lock-on system (especially switching targets), slow downs and input lag.
Also some button assignment are really bad such as the action button which also serves to use the equipped item. As a result it's not rare that you find yourself using a precious item instead of picking up a loot for example. Also assigning thorns to the same button as the shooting one can be problematic especially with input lag.
Finally, a smaller complain but I would liked a button that instantly positions the camera behind you.

what input lag?

I had no intention picking up the game, but considering I have a ton of GS credit, I said fuck it to try it out

B1DmvnKIUAAzH9Q.jpg

Soulhouf

what input lag?

Opening/navigating some of the menus where the action comes a second later. But not only that, I noticed it with reloading guns and some melee weapons attack.
This is especially visible when you you aim and shoot. Sometimes the game registers your L press a fraction of a second later so you find yourself launching the thorn instead.

blackflag

Forgot I preordered this with Amazon. I thought it was straight up MH, God Eater style. Annoyed to learn it's not but hopefully I'll like it whenever I get around to it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Got my copy. I feel kind of bad getting this with Ragnarok Odyssey, Toukiden, and Soul Sacrifice Delta all unplayed (well, I put some time into Toukiden and would like to get back to that at some point, at least), but the setting is more appealing to me than those games.

Flunkie

Banned
Whole lot of negativity coming from you guys in this thread. I'm not gonna let it bring me down. Hopefully GS has it...

Xenoflare

Pre order bonus code not working.

I highly doubt that my code is the problem here. Probably PSN being a bitch as usual

Well, I managed to find a copy at Best Buy of all places! They have them in case anyone else can't find it.

Im just worried about the potential of dlc floodage. Does this have a lot of dlc and microtrabsactions?

The Boat

Hmmm, this looks cool, might pick it up when I have more time to play. Dunno if I'll get digital or physical, that tiny mem card complicates things.

Well, I managed to find a copy at Best Buy of all places! They have them in case anyone else can't find it.

Im just worried about the potential of dlc floodage. Does this have a lot of dlc and microtrabsactions?

I’m also happy to announce that we have several weeks of DLC planned for all of you, including free DLC every week until the end of November! Everything from weapon packs and hairstyle additions to battle music and sticker packs is on the way, so please keep checking back to download the latest content and keep your Sinner stylish!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/28/freedom-wars-out-today-on-ps-vita/

Is it normal for the vita to fall asleep during the cut scenes and what not? I really don't remember that, I was watching the beginning scene and it cut off 3x on me while watching it. I thought it was loading or something.

L did reset the camera in the JP demo, nice to hear that this button isn't occupied in the full release :)

Foofaraw

So is PSN down? I was going to buy this today toward the $100 to get my $15 credit. I won't be happy if I'm unable to.

I was having a lot of trouble with it, but I was just now able to buy this off the store via my vita psn.

Downloading now. PSN is Foofarah

Time to represent Chicago.

khaaan

Is it normal for the vita to fall asleep during the cut scenes and what not? I really don't remember that, I was watching the beginning scene and it cut off 3x on me while watching it. I thought it was loading or something.

Pretty sure, yes. Usually the screen will dim before it turns completely off, you can just touch the screen or hit the analog stick and it'll reset the sleep timer. There's a setting somewhere to change how long it takes before that happens but it can't distinguish between a cutscene and idling.

Finally was able to get into the store and start downloading this. I still haven't decided what Panopticon to join yet, but I'm probably going to go with Tokyo. If anyone wants to team up later my PSN is BaraSailey :)

Top Bottom