• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

Akibared

I normally make female characters in these types of games

ic5DvAH.jpg

fernoca

Downloading now...

I barely know about this game, other than I liked the visuals and seems to be a sort of mix between Monster Hunter and The Hunger Games.

So..first time hearing about the "accesory". Can the accesory be male if my character is male?

Akibared

Downloading now...

I barely know about this game, other than I liked the visuals and seems to be a sort of mix between Monster Hunter and The Hunger Games.

So..first time hearing about the "accesory". Can the accesory be male if my character is male?

That was the same for me I picked it up without knowing much about it and yeah you and your accessory can have the same gender.

How do you take screenshots?

PS button + start

Copy is coming in the mail on Thursday - can't wait!

I'll be picking Anchorage since I'm in the Pacific Northwest and that feels more PNW than Los Angeles...

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm having fun with the game so far (though I did have to change my control scheme). I just realized the Vita I got from Amazon has a huge scratch in it (got it used from them) and my Hori screen protector isn't even blocking it and it's annoying me, so I'm going to return it and just order a new one whenever I get my refund

All in all, I probably won't be playing the game for a week or so

Jams775

PS Button + Start, if you want a easy way to upload... download the flickr app (ps vita).

That was the same for me I picked it up without knowing much about it and yeah you and your accessory can have the same gender.

PS button + start

Thanks, I'll do that!

This game is pretty cool so far. Glad I got it. It's cool that it says on the back of the box that it's PSTV compatible too.

So.... I take it the text-to-speech function of the game was removed for the Western version? I have the Japanese version and, iirc, the Accessory addressed me by name upon introduction. But I didn't hear that in the US vesrion. If it has been removed, is it because the game was not dubbed? If so, that depresses me as that was a very awesome feature of the game originally....

Luigi87

So.... I take it the text-to-speech function of the game was removed for the Western version? I have the Japanese version and, iirc, the Accessory addressed me by name upon introduction. But I didn't hear that in the US vesrion. If it has been removed, is it because the game was not dubbed? If so, that depresses me as that was a very awesome feature of the game originally....

That's what I was wondering as well. I was expecting to hear my name when I input it like when I played the JP demo, but nothing.

I'm still confused about the panopticon system. Do friends need to choose the same city in order to play together online early on? And does it change what your background environments look like? If so, is it just aesthetic or is each city actually different?

Any help in clearing the above up is greatly appreciated. =D

JPS Kai

Is it just me, or is the first CODE 2 mission stupidly difficult? That's been the only mission that's taken me more than one try to finish

ramyeon

I'm still confused about the panopticon system. Do friends need to choose the same city in order to play together online early on? And does it change what your background environments look like? If so, is it just aesthetic or is each city actually different?

Isn't it just a leaderboard system? Like as you play online you accumulate points for your Panopticon and they're ranked according to that. Haven't got the game yet but that's what it seems like to me.

Isn't it just a leaderboard system? Like as you play online you accumulate points for your Panopticon and they're ranked according to that. Haven't got the game yet but that's what it seems like to me.

I have no idea. I'm downloading it and am currently eating out for dinner.

I just don't want to make a mistake I can't back out from! XD

Jams775

Is it just me, or is the first CODE 2 mission stupidly difficult? That's been the only mission that's taken me more than one try to finish

Is that the one where you have to fight other sinners? That one took me a bunch of tries before I beat it.

Hikami

I don't think it matters for online play with other people, I've played a couple of co-op matches with people from different 'cons.

It's so weird hearing them say 'con when they could have went with the original "PT".
Sounds better and characters even say the actual word.

Also, NO PT, NO LIFE.

That actually sounds a lot better.

baekshi

Banned
I don't think it matters for online play with other people, I've played a couple of co-op matches all with people from different 'cons.

It's so weird hearing them say 'con when they could have went with the original "PT".

Also, NO PT, NO LIFE.

Everything from CODE 1 is cakewalk.

That actually sounds a lot better. But when I hear/read PT, party comes to mind.

There was one incident in Japan where a 'console warrior' (
I will not name which faction to avoid derail, but goddamn they are the most fucking annoying
), who was making a negative campaign about Freedom Wars saying that it's retarded since just changing "Parties" cost 500 yen.

He didn't know P.T. means Panopticon and not party. These guys have been the laughing stock of the Japanese gaming boards/blogs.

Illucio

Banned
What's the consensus? Are you guys enjoying it?

I am enjoying the game a lot more then I expected. (And I really had high expectations for this game to begin with.)

It's a little clunky, and the gameplay isn't that smooth. But when I watched trailers for the game it didn't looked that smooth to begin with. I think I just need more practice, and play around with the controls a bit more.

As of right now I'm giving the game 8/10, but I need to keep playing but so far the score can only go up from here....

Yui

Hmm, let's hope that, but i wouldn't bet on it. They posted an article today on the german PS Blog that it will release next Wednesday....

Oh yeah, they did.... sigh.
Kinda weird, since they aren't mentioning a delay, or anything along those lines.
Even though something obviously changed, since they said it would be released tomorrow back in august.

http://blog.de.playstation.com/2014/08/19/freedom-wars-erscheinungsdatum-und-vorbestellung-angekundigt/

Guess we have to hope this is still true.
http://de.playstation.com/psvita/games/detail/item711485/Freedom-Wars/

I am enjoying the game a lot more then I expected. (And I really had high expectations for this game to begin with.)

It's a little clunky, and the gameplay isn't that smooth. But when I watched trailers for the game it didn't looked that smooth to begin with. I think I just need more practice, and play around with the controls a bit more.

As of right now I'm giving the game 8/10, but I need to keep playing but so far the score can only go up from here....

Sounds great keep me posted! I'm currently debating on getting a vita this week from a fellow gaffer and this game looks cool.

Is this native rez? I have the game but haven't played it yet.

Looks far too clean to not be.

I only created my character before heading out, but it looked really crisp. Looked like native res to me. Idk about the gameplay, but both the cut scenes and the character creation model was really crisp.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

pretty much.

Luigi87

A shame the PA announcements that are made don't have subtitles. I wish I could I understand what was being said, but I guess if the JP version didn't subtitle them, then there was nothing they could do.

Edit: Failed the first CODE 2 mission... Really annoying that it sends you back to after the CODE 1 exam stuff basically, and you need to skip through all the text and scenes again..

LX_Theo

Banned

Also, NO PT, NO LIFE.

Maybe they wanted to avoid confusion with a different, popular instance of PT being used, lol.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Will wait for impressions. Still, nice to see some exclusives now and then. Now if we could also hear a word from Oreshika...

B.K.

I was interested in the game when it was first announced, but I haven't really kept up with it. I know it has Monster Hunter style gameplay, but can it be played and beaten solo or is multiplayer a major part of the game?

I was interested in the game when it was first announced, but I haven't really kept up with it. I know it has Monster Hunter style gameplay, but can it be played and beaten solo or is multiplayer a major part of the game?

You can complete it solo or multiplayer I believe.

Can someone explain the multiplayer component ?

sasliquid

Question: As someone who dislikes monster hunter but quite enjoyed the faster pace of Soul Sacrifice how does it compare to those (also I'd be almost only single playing)?

Top Bottom