• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

Chose New York as well. They are serious about picking your city, since I saw in the store it costs $1.99 to change your city.

Also spoil tagging this just in case, but
that was a really nice touch to extend your sentence by 10 years for choosing to lie down and rest after the 3rd mission, since that goes against your agreement lol

LX_Theo

Banned
Chose New York as well. They are serious about picking your city, since I saw in the store it costs $1.99 to change your city.

that was a really nice touch to extend your sentence by 10 years for choosing to lie down and rest after the 3rd mission, since that goes against your agreement lol

Fun fact...
That was the better of the two choices. Refusing leisure time also gets you some years. Then you get the penalty for lying down when you do the sleeping.
I found out the hard way, lol.

Scher

Picked up the game today, hopefully I'll have the time tonight to really play around with it.

One question I have, though, is about the panopticons. Is there any impact on the game depending on what panopticon I choose, or do they exist purely as a ranking device?

Sorry if this was already brought up but is this coming to PS4 at any point? The box art says Only On Playstation so it seems plausible.

I think my favourite part of that was when my character kinda just looked down in disappointment. The whole entitlements thing seems like an amusing annoyance. Like how I apparently need to spend points to run for more than 5 seconds, or to interact with other sinners. It definitely has personality behind it.

So far I've been having a good time with the game. I also like how I can freely change my character entirely. I was kinda worried that I wasn't going to be able to change my name, and found out you actually can. I probably will change my characters appearance entirely and then spend another 5 hours trying to figure out what I want. Also robot waifus.

B1D-a4GIIAAmqL3.jpg:large

In addition to what Parakeetman said, I have some other complains such as long loadings for a cartridge game, a messed up lock-on system (especially switching targets), slow downs and input lag.
Also some button assignment are really bad such as the action button which also serves to use the equipped item. As a result it's not rare that you find yourself using a precious item instead of picking up a loot for example. Also assigning thorns to the same button as the shooting one can be problematic especially with input lag.
Finally, a smaller complain but I would liked a button that instantly positions the camera behind you.
The different control schemes fix most of those complaints.

Rurunaki

I have to stop being a wise ass with these conversation options.. I'm getting more and more years added to my sentence..

pariah164

Lovely OT! I won't be able to jump into this right away (other things demand my money), but maybe I can get myself a Christmas gift as that holiday gets closer.

What are you guys naming your characters? Your user names from here or actual first/last names? I checked and there's character limitations. I was thinking of going with names 2hard4u, since that's what people see online

Seil

Both hah !! Btw, is there any other way to get that preorder dlc? I didn't preorder when I should have :/

I think the only ways are the pre-order code or buy on PSN before November 11th. This is the primary reason I've gone digital since I canceled my pre-order.

Edit:

What are you guys naming your characters? Your user names from here or actual first/last names? I checked and there's character limitations. I was thinking of going with names 2hard4u, since that's what people see online

If I make a male, I'll use Seil. If I go for a female character, I'll figure out something else.

Both hah !! Btw, is there any other way to get that preorder dlc? I didn't preorder when I should have :/

Thanks for reminding me. I better check my email and see if amazon emailed it to me, because I just got the game about 30 mins ago and there's no insert in the box.

JPS Kai

I went with Kai JPS and Hong Kong when I started out.

Shameless plug: I just started the game and am streaming a little bit. Trying out Xsplit for the first time, so please bear with the watermarks. http://www.twitch.tv/kaipow

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So, any point to the Panopticon rankings? As a Montrealler, I don't really want to settle on choosing Toronto.

Dinda

I really hope that's just the case for the retail version and we still get the digital version tomorrow.
I don't really know why but it has been the same with Senran Kagura Burst. (I know different system, but still.)
We got the digital version on the same day as the rest of Europe, while the retail version was delayed by several weeks. I assume it has something to do with the German box art/text? But of course I don't know.

Edit: Now that i think about it. Maybe we were supposed to get it on friday like the UK, but since it's "Reformationstag" in some places, they had to delay the release?

Hmm, let's hope that, but i wouldn't bet on it. They posted an article today on the german PS Blog that it will release next Wednesday....

LX_Theo

Banned
So I've been playing for a while. My character and his accessory as of now. I expect to change them a lot by endgame.

More people should post their characters. Its interesting to see what people come up with.

Hikami

Now at CODE 2, enjoying the combat so far. The pre-order DLC rocket launcher thing was making things a bit too easy though. Just gave that to my accessory.
The game seems interesting and I like the aesthetics but I feel it controls badly, big turn off.
I thought the same about the default controls, then I switched to the "Technical" control scheme. Controls feel great for me now.

Hikami

"Rap sheets" are pretty cool. So you can supposedly exchange them with other people.. Anyone know how?
nvm got it :) press square when in multiplayer lobbies
KhZGYBe.jpg

cripterion

Now at CODE 2, enjoying the combat so far. The pre-order DLC rocket launcher thing was making things a bit too easy though. Just gave that to my accessory.

I thought the same about the default controls, then I switched to the "Technical" control scheme. Controls feel great for me now.

Oh ok will give it a whirl and see if it gets better!

fernoca

Welp...got this earlier than expected (i.e. today). Digitally, and was given the "preorder DLC" which was nice.

Will be playing on the PSTV.

Top Bottom