• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRIDAY NIGHT [OT] - Official NeoGAF Weekend Kickoff

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just picked up a Meta Quest 3. First VR since PSVR1. Pretty excited to see how far things have come along.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Just picked up a Meta Quest 3. First VR since PSVR1. Pretty excited to see how far things have come along.
I'd be interested in your impressions. I'm seriously considering upgrading from Quest 2 but I want to hear some real experiences.

ReBurn

Gold Member
There's a festival going on in town so I went there in the afternoon, which was fun. Beers at noon? Yes, please. Then I had to go get a cortisone shot in my shoulder, which was less fun. But I'd had some beers by then so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Now I'm cranky and sore, so I'm going to try to stop doomscrolling Middle East news for a while and start a new playthrough of Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5 to try to get my mind off of it all.

badblue

I'm going to try to stop doomscrolling Middle East news for a while
Season 5 Yes GIF by Paramount+

I'm going to go smoke a bowl and work on some stuff in the garage.

Just need to find something to listen to.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'd be interested in your impressions. I'm seriously considering upgrading from Quest 2 but I want to hear some real experiences.
Unfortunately, I can't compare this headset to the Quest 2 (never used one), but this one is really nice and feels very premium. Passthrough is a game changer for VR I think, as just sitting on the couch watching videos on a screen overlaying the actual TV screen my wife was watching was pretty entertaining. Unfortunately, the passthrough camera(s) aren't great - kinda reminds me of the old low-res webcams, but it works okay.

I played some Beat Saber on it, and it was a lot of fun!

Just pretended to be Finnish_ed ... :messenger_sunglasses:

Lélekben egyesült nyelvek.

What's on the horizon in terms of games you desire?
Darling I know :messenger_grinning_sweat:

How beautiful.

Next stop is goin to be Alan Wake 2, then Mass Effect 3 or Cyberpunk 2077.
I'm doing my first run on the ME trilogy so I think I'll finish that before I'll climb the mountain of Cyberpunk.

After those games I think I want to play shorter games. Trepang 2 seems like the perfect snack for me.

Rentahamster Rentahamster I just wish that we had real tacos in Finland. The Netflix Tavo documentary was a torture for me.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Next stop is goin to be Alan Wake 2, then Mass Effect 3 or Cyberpunk 2077.
I'm doing my first run on the ME trilogy so I think I'll finish that before I'll climb the mountain of Cyberpunk.

After those games I think I want to play shorter games. Trepang 2 seems like the perfect snack for me.

I'm also very excited for Alan Wake 2. Should be a very intense game going by the atmosphere. Finished Trepang2 last weekend. Pretty gruesome and visceral to say the least.

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
But how did you like it? God tier level fps? How long did it take to finish?

I trust you with this stuff.

Lovely game from start to finish. Not perfect or flawless but the things that are important are very well done.

Took me around 12 hours to finish. Shorter if you only go for the story missions but everything seems worthwhile. A bit cheese in tone sometimes but overall it sets a cool and eerie atmosphere. Mixed visual quality but some fancy set pieces.

I came as a fan of F.E.A.R. and was not disappointed. Took a bit to get the settings right for the controller but then i had a blast. Sad that there is no motion aim since it pretty hard on higher difficulties and this would be needed.

Shooting feels incredible thanks to a lovely distortion to the gun sounds, ragdolls and a lot of particles on display. The core gameplay loop is really well done but there is just not a lot more to it. Side missions are basically horde mode.

Taking out a hole squad within seconds while you completely obliterate everyone in the room feels so crazy. Gun sounds are very impactful as are the screams of your enemies. You shit your pants when you hear the rifle or the shotgun coming at you. :messenger_grinning_sweat: It's all super frantic and crazy fast and challenging. Very dark, brutal and intense game.

Definitely recommended if you like F.E.A.R.!

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
Well Fall is definitely in the air.
Watching hockey pregame show and deliberating to order pizza or McDonalds with Doordash (That's your fault West Texas CEO West Texas CEO for putting that in my head 😄)
Double cheeseburger. So damn good. I don’t really care to eat their quarter pounders. I just like the double cheeseburgers because they’re just right.

Also, add in a McChicken and a Sprite to complete the meal. :messenger_ok:

Last edited:
Top Bottom