• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRIDAY NIGHT [OT] - Official NeoGAF Weekend Kickoff

sedg87

I have to go on a two-week course. If I pass I get a job interview at a toy store. The job is 8 hours a week stacking shelves. Also ad-hock work so they'll just contact me whenever needed - no set shift or anything. Is it just me that finds this utterly bizarre?

I have to go on a two-week course. If I pass I get a job interview at a toy store. The job is 8 hours a week stacking shelves. Also ad-hock work so they'll just contact me whenever needed - no set shift or anything. Is it just me that finds this utterly bizarre?
That seems sketchy as shit man. It's not like it's a skilled job so why a two week course just for an interview?

8 hours a week sucks too. What's that all about? Suppose it's better than having a 0 hour job.

I would tell them to fuck off but I don't know your situation. If you really need it then go for it but I think you could do better than that. Seems like a waste of time to only get fucked about.

If it's your first job or a job after a long time not being employed it could be worth it just to show you are willing to work and get some experience. My first job was stacking shelves too and I only worked there 24 hours (over 1 week) as they said they didn't need me any more as it was only temporary. If I didn't get that then I wouldn't have got the job I applied for afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

sedg87

That seems sketchy as shit man. It's not like it's a skilled job so why a two week course just for an interview?

8 hours a week sucks too. What's that all about? Suppose it's better than having a 0 hour job.

I would tell them to fuck off but I don't know your situation. If you really need it then go for it but I think you could do better than that. Seems like a waste of time to only get fucked about.

If it's your first job or a job after a long time not being employed it could be worth it just to show you are willing to work and get some experience. My first job was stacking shelves too and I only worked there 24 hours (over 1 week) as they said they didn't need me any more as it was only temporary. If I didn't get that then I wouldn't have got the job I applied for afterwards.

Yeah it does seem a little odd.

Unfortunately, I've been referred through the job centre so it's absolutely mandatory. Without sounding stuck-up or arrogant, I feel I could do much better, but I am unemployed so will take anything at the moment.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
@German Hops is simply the best. 🙌

Unfortunately, I've been referred through the job centre so it's absolutely mandatory. Without sounding stuck-up or arrogant, I feel I could do much better, but I am unemployed so will take anything at the moment.

Try it. You'll find out soon enough what's what. And if you're indeed capable of more and lucky, perhaps it'll get noticed....

aww i know about dealing with that lot (you're in the UK?). fucking nightmare so it is. of course you can do better than that! give it a shot and remember at least it's some experience you can use to build up your CV. that one job could make all the difference.

badblue

Reply Waiting GIF

Not sure what is worse. The long thankless slog til Friday or my impatience for BG3 to release on Thursday.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
First deadlifts in almost two months. Went well. Seated and standing calves raises. Strict (standing) barbell overhead press. Bent over (90° to include lowerback) (vertical?) barbell rows for lower back. And weighted glute bridges. Besides the dead lifts all was done in super set fashion. Kind of all over the place but w/e. 2 hour session.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Can you read my mind?

That's exactly what I had in mind, very subtle yet noticeable. Thanks friend.

I can't believe I said y'all. I hate it.

Seems like the consensus here.

Correct me if I'm wrong y'all but didn't the disdain for using y'all is more or less the purple site's doing?

I like y'all.

In my head I use a southern voice 😅

Happy Friday Y'all! YEEHAW! 🤠

Can you read my mind?

That's exactly what I had in mind, very subtle yet noticeable. Thanks friend.

Seems like the consensus here.

Correct me if I'm wrong y'all but didn't the disdain for using y'all is more or less the purple site's doing?

I like y'all.

In my head I use a southern voice 😅

Happy Friday Y'all! YEEHAW! 🤠
Some others they ruined are Yikes and oof.

Big oof yikes y'all!! This ain't it chief! So problematic!

Pls don't ban me!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom