• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fruit Ninja Kinect |OT| Take That Pomegranate : XBLA - 800msp

madmackem

Arcade mode 434 Mad Mackem

Loving this, if you have a kinect you know the thing you got last xmas for your girl with dance central then you have to buy fruit ninja. Im in a small room and have had no issues with it at all it works a treat.

madmackem

Gowans007 said:
TWO points behind me ;)

You dont need to tell me, this was me when i opened my eyes after my assualt on the pomiie.

vader.jpg

Just tried the demo and I really, really liked it. The menu system worked perfectly and the actual game was very responsive. I am very impressed.

I will pick it up during an arcade sale or something unless I splurge on an ms points card when I buy Guardian Heroes later this fall. But I will get this game. I must have it. :D

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Is it too late to pick this up on the microsoft store site and get The Maw free? I didn't see the game on the site.

Can't wait to try the trial when I get home for lunch.

Gowans

madmackem said:
You dont need to tell me, this was me when i opened my eyes after my assualt on the pomiie.

vader.jpg
haha it will be the same later on tonight I bet.
It's all about getting lucky with those power up banannas.

503 Arcade
Gamertag: DredPirateStorm

You have to be lucky enough to get the 2x multiplier at the same time you have the red banana. That way you can get a ton of combos and then multiply it by 2.

Mdk7

595 in the arcade mode, bitches!
(i'll NEVER EVER go beyond that, LOL)

Solid game anyway, too bad for the limited content and the terrible menu navigation.
Oh, and the lack of online multiplayer is pretty intolerable.

EDIT: Mdk7 is my gamertag!

feel

Nuclear Muffin said:
They just use your sillhouette, rather than any of the spotty skeletal tracking stuff, so it controls more like an Eye Toy game but it doesn't really matter since it works well with this game.
It uses depth too. If you make a slash motion without having your hand get slightly closer to the tv in the middle of the swing, it doesn't register it.

Try the fire blade if you have it guys, having your hands spit flames is so cool!!

Mdk7

35n21px.jpg

And here's a pic of my record...
I'd LOVE to get a t-shirt, my girlfriend would be sooo jealous of that! :D

Gaspode_T

Omg so much fun...just unlocked some sort of secret achievement...if it works well in my cramped living room it will work anywhere

How are you getting scores so high? Literally hard to avoid bombs in this one without ninja skills...

FrankT

Not sure why, but I insta-bought it and man really enjoying it so far. More so than the iphone version by a decent mark.

bryehn

Haven't played the iOS version in some time. Is the pomegranate a new addition? Awesome way to end the Arcade round. Scoring 500 was in-sane!

Not sure how much I'll get out of this, I've only been playing challenge mode and only have 1 friend on my leaderboard. It is really fun though, more so than the iOS version for me and wow did I work up a sweat! So much that Kinect had a hard time tracking my shiny shirtless torso.

Feel free to add me for this and other XBLA leaderboards: GT: bryehn

madmackem said:
Still not beat your yet gownas, think combos are where the points are.

It is, especially in Zen and Arcade.

Gowans

madmackem said:
Still not beat your yet gownas, think combos are where the points are.
Walked the dog, Chinese on it's way n after that I'm straight on to seem if I can magic up a +600 arcade score.

Had a quick two games before the chinese, equaled my score at the first, second got 522 ;)

Pachimari

Upsidedown Fuji said:
Just tried the demo and I really, really liked it. The menu system worked perfectly and the actual game was very responsive. I am very impressed.

I will pick it up during an arcade sale or something unless I splurge on an ms points card when I buy Guardian Heroes later this fall. But I will get this game. I must have it. :D
Am I the only one, who had trouble selecting the blade I wanted on the list?
As I has to slice to scroll the list, it becomes unprecise to choose the one you want - or is there an easier way of doing it?

bryehn

Anastacio said:
As I has to slice to scroll the list, it becomes unprecise to choose the one you want - or is there an easier way of doing it?

No, the Dojo menu is terrible.

feel

Anastacio said:
Yeah it's very annoying.

I didn't have problems with the actual scrolling, just with it picking up my hand adjusting for the next swipe and scroll the opposite way

a good workaround is to scroll -> move hand outside scrollable area and adjust it -> move it inside and scroll more

I prefer leaving my hand inside but just doing smoother/slower motions when I'm adjusting my hand so it doesn't pickup the swipe.

I adapted to it and it's not a problem now for me, but they should definitely improve that menu if there's a title update in the future. This is the kind of game I would like to just leave on the tv during some family gathering or something, and have guests stumble into it by themselves and have some fun without any issues.

Just finished watching the GB quicklook. I already love FN on my iPad and iPhone. The 360 version almost makes me want to buy a Kinect. Almost.

Gowans

778!!!!!! Woooooo!!!
QdLcZl.jpg

Top 50 ww with that score at the mo.

With it being limited to Kinect & XBLA it already has +12,000 people playing after 11 hours up.

That's me for the night, knacked.

Alx

Sales +1

Nice game, very well done/I liked the self-calibration, when the sensor tilts up to catch your upper body... and even then the game registers your feet if you want to use them to slice fruits.
I still get low scores, but I'll have to learn the bases of combos and scores.

Gowans007 said:
778!!!!!! Woooooo!!!

Top 50 ww with that score at the mo.

With it being limited to Kinect & XBLA it already has +12,000 people playing after 11 hours up.

That's me for the night, knacked.

It will get more attention cause it is the first ever Kinect XBLA game.

Gowans

Mdk7 said:
Fuck i knew i was gonna lose that kickass tee! :(
GG tough man! ;)
You've got 12 hours, with sleep n work I doubt I'll get to up it.

I would love a prize tho but in 12 hours and how determined GAF is I'm not holding out too much hope.

Good luck guys! ;)

hiverbon

Neo Member
- Game is really, really fun, pomegranates were a really nice crazy addition, possibly the most enjoyment I've got out of kinect yet.
- Navigating dojo menus is pretty horrible, as said above.
- Is there any way I can launch the game from kinect dashboard without having to back out and launch with my controller?

Raide

hiverbon said:
- Game is really, really fun (pomegranates were a really nice crazy addition).
- Navigating dojo menus is pretty horrible, as said above.
- Is there any way I can launch the game from kinect dashboard without having to back out and launch with my controller?

Xbox Button, Quick Launch. I am hoping the new Fall Update will give the Kinect Hub a much needed fleshing out.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Raide said:
Xbox Button, Quick Launch. I am hoping the new Fall Update will give the Kinect Hub a much needed fleshing out.
Fall Update makes the Dashboard the Kinect Hub and the Kinect Hub the Dashboard.

hiverbon

Neo Member
cjelly said:
Fall Update makes the Dashboard the Kinect Hub and the Kinect Hub the Dashboard.

Yeah this was my problem :/ i can't access quick launch (i think) without picking up my controller, and theres no menu to access my other games in the kinect hub.

Also not sure whether its a design choice or not, but I feel cheated when I try to make combos with both hands only to discover that combos seem to be per-hand; so if i slice 4 fruit with 2 fruit per hand at the same time, I don't get the 4 fruit combo. Other than that, really enjoying all the game modes.

I really want this, but I also really want Gunstringer, so I think I'll just wait for the free Fruit Ninja in Gunstringer when it comes out.

teraMEL0S

Great job Halfbrick, this game is a blast! First time I've sweat my ass off cutting fruit. This game reminded me why I enjoy playing the Kinect so much. Let's hope for more quality experiences from the platform.

teraMEL0S

tinfoilhatman said:
Me and the girlfriend are taking turns wuppin fruit ass, much more fun than IOs version.

Yeah, anyone who claims they don't want this because they have it on a mobile device is missing the point; it feels entirely different, and is gratifying in it's own way.

yophlow

Banned
Awesome work everyone! Great scores and it seems like you are all having a blast! Keep at it for achievements and Dojo content!

As for the high score comp - the day has just begun for us here in Australia and I will check the scores before I leave work. I can assure you - scores of 800+ can be obtained with a solid Arcade run. Just keep those combo blitzes going!

Mdk7

Just got a new personal best, 657.
I'm sweatin like a goddamn pig. XD

Great, great game, really.
My gf is having a blast too, LOL!

Mdk7

853!!!
I'm on fire, Loool!
tomorrow i won't be able to use my arms Halfbrick guys, and the fault is ALL yours. :D

Adam J.

My 4 year-old niece was a huge fan of the iOS version, so I had her over this afternoon to play this new one. We had a blast playing--she got so hyped that she picked up her little Playskool chair and starting using it to whack fruit and it somehow managed to work. Good times!

EagleEyes

teraMEL0S said:
Great job Halfbrick, this game is a blast! First time I've sweat my ass off cutting fruit. This game reminded me why I enjoy playing the Kinect so much. Let's hope for more quality experiences from the platform.
Agreed. This is way more fun then it has any right to be.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I got 540 on my first shot in arcade, haha. I can definitely do better but seeing someone with 800 makes me lose all confidence, that's nuts.

This game controls extremely well.

Top Bottom