• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fruit Ninja Kinect |OT| Take That Pomegranate : XBLA - 800msp

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Fun game but it's not tracking my hand swipes when it does the zoom in combo power up thingy. Very annoying. Tried calibrating my Kinect too. It's like I have a deadzone in the center.

CRS

Wario64 said:
Fun game but it's not tracking my hand swipes when it does the zoom in combo power up thingy. Very annoying. Tried calibrating my Kinect too. It's like I have a deadzone in the center.
The pomegranate, right? Try to not cross your arms/hands when "slicing" the fruit. I have gotten higher scores, like in the high 60s, by keeping them separate.

NeXuSDK

ChldRebelSoldr said:
The pomegranate, right? Try to not cross your arms/hands when "slicing" the fruit. I have gotten higher scores, like in the high 60s, by keeping them separate.

I've gotten to 79 twice... flailing my arms very rapidly up and down, but being sure to do large movements and not small chops.

Mention of priced DLC already. I can't find another mention on the web aside from that tweet, but it's a pretty solid source.

I was going to ask anyway given that the game has had a lot of great feedback online, with the major criticism being not enough content for the price, what new modes would you like to see?

I only have the trial (waiting for Gunstringer), but I'd like to see a mode where you gain seconds by hitting fruit and lose seconds by missing them, so play-time and scores have a wider scope (assuming such a mode doesn't already exist). But I'd also like to see some more inventive twists on the format.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I've only played this game for like 40 minutes

rmjIE.jpg

Mdk7

Wario64 said:
I've only played this game for like 40 minutes
Thank god you didn't take part in the competition, LOL. :D

Btw, did anyone unclock the Enter The Dragon Achievement?
It's the one about the secret Fruit (and the only one i'm missing at the moment).

Mdk7 said:
Thank god you didn't take part in the competition, LOL. :D

Btw, did anyone unclock the Enter The Dragon Achievement?
It's the one about the secret Fruit (and the only one i'm missing at the moment).
I got it.

I finally was able to play the trial. Very cool game, but I'm going to wait for Gunstringer. Kind of assy they limit the demo to only 3 games, in addition to blocking all the other modes.

Aspiring

Props to the calibrating in this game. I downloaded the trial and my 2 year old loves it! Even better since it calibrated for his tiny size so he can hit all the fruit. Gonna buy it later tonight!

Noogy

I've been too busy to invest into any SOA games this year, but Fruit Ninja might the the first. Obviously a hit with the children (and they already loved the iOS game).

yophlow

Banned
Hey guys - congrats on getting such awesome scores during the launch competition! I'll contact the winners via PM to get the prizes out.

NeXuSDK

Just got to 909 points in Arcade with 99 points on the big fruit at the end. Shit... and I was lucky, as I had a double score, freeze and frenzy going at the same time (got the bananas in that order)

Gowans

NeXuSDK said:
Just got to 909 points in Arcade with 99 points on the big fruit at the end. Shit... and I was lucky, as I had a double score, freeze and frenzy going at the same time (got the bananas in that order)
The Holy Trinity! I'm dying to see that!

NeXuSDK

Gowans007 said:
The Holy Trinity! I'm dying to see that!

Yeah, I'd bet it looks funny :D But I've almost perfected the technique, where I swing my arms at just the right speed to optimize it. Too bad I didn't reach 100... but should be possible I guess :)

Woo hooo! I just got 467 in classic mode. My previous high score in that mode was 242, so that was quite a jump for me :) I've discovered that if I stand a bit closer to the TV I can hit things more accurately. I still have a small area in the lower left hand side of the screen that seems like a dead zone, though.

okay, playing this with props seems like a very good idea.

after watching that samurai sword, i plan on playing this with my Vorpal Blade tonight...

plagiarize said:
okay, playing this with props seems like a very good idea.

after watching that samurai sword, i plan on playing this with my Vorpal Blade tonight...

I tried with a pirate sword and it didn't seem to pick it up. I think the blade was too thin.

NeXuSDK

Ok, now up to 112 on the last big fruit in arcade... it's killing my arms :)

HalfbrickPhil, we've been trying intensely to deduct any logic to the arcade mode, like what triggers bananas, and so far it's still only theories... is everything random or should it be possible to deduct something?

EagleEyes

Just checked the leaderboard and its almost at 90,000. Thats some amazing sales for barely over a week. Looks like we are going to see plenty more Kinect titles on the arcade. If they are as good as this one I can't wait.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
NeXuSDK said:
Ok, now up to 112 on the last big fruit in arcade... it's killing my arms :)

I dont even want to know how you're getting triple digits...I'm lucky if I get over 50

hoos30

EagleEyes said:
Just checked the leaderboard and its almost at 90,000. Thats some amazing sales for barely over a week. Looks like we are going to see plenty more Kinect titles on the arcade. If they are as good as this one I can't wait.
What we're likely to see first is more iOS games on Kinect.

NeXuSDK

Wario64 said:
I dont even want to know how you're getting triple digits...I'm lucky if I get over 50

Sure you do ;)

Basically, you need to swing your arms in circles, like riding a bide with your arms, and be sure to get the arms out, good and wide, so the kinect will register it better. Do it as fast as you can and keep a steady pace/rhythm.

There you go :)

SeanR1221

Stumpokapow said:
Doesn't trouble me in the slightest, iOS has lots of excellent games.

Yup, and I've been saying Kinect will shine with its Arcade games.

Joy Ride would have been a much bigger hit at 400-800 points (or even Pay 2 play as originally intended).

Doodle Jump and Angry Birds are already coming.

Imagine something like Infinity Blade.

Shaneus

I wonder how long until Jeff Minter does something with Kinect on XBLA. I reckon he could knock out something fierce.

So there's a DLC pack out today. It's called Storm Season.

The pack contains:

- A new "Storm Castle" background,
- The "Rain Man Shadow" silhouette
- The "Lightning Bolt Blade."

And three new achievements.

For 160 Microsoft points. ($2)
Source

7echnicolor said:
So there's a DLC pack out today. It's called Storm Season.

The pack contains:

- A new "Storm Castle" background,
- The "Rain Man Shadow" silhouette
- The "Lightning Bolt Blade."

And three new achievements.

For 160 Microsoft points. ($2)
Source

This is such an awesome DLC pack. I love everything storm-related. Kinda wish I didn't have to buy it as DLC, though.

Shiggy

Woah, we recently played Fruit Ninja in our library. Connected my notebook with a SmartBoard.

smart-board-600i.jpg

I think that's the definite version for Fruit Ninja and Angry Birds. Fruit Ninja is great fun for multiplayer action, and you still need to touch the "screen". Thus it combines the positives of the iOS version and the Kinect version.

Top Bottom