• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full House Creator buys Full House House and hopes to fill house with Full House cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
640.jpg

http://www.avclub.com/article/full-house-creator-buys-full-house-house-his-full--246744

Happy real estate news, Tannerinos: per The Hollywood Reporter, Full and Fuller House creator Jeff Franklin has just purchased the San Francisco house that served as the exterior for the Tanner family’s overstuffed home in his surprisingly durable ’80s and ’90s sitcom. Franklin reportedly purchased the Victorian-style building for $4.15 million, buying it from the latest in a long line of owners who were less than thrilled at the millions of tourists his show has directed to their doorsteps over the years, asking searching questions about the whereabouts of predictability.

Not so the writer and producer, who announced his intentions to return the house’s iconic red door—painted seafoam green, apparently, by homeowners who did not know or care how sad you were about that time Comet went missing—to its rightful place, and even briefly re-Full it for the show’s upcoming 30th anniversary. “I hope to bring the cast up to the house and have a big slumber party here, so people can drive by and actually see the Tanner family living there for one whole day,” Franklin said, sounding a little like the world’s most wholesome Saw villain. “That would be pretty fun.”

You guys ever notice that that house doesn't sense.

The living room was way too large for that house. Plus that window is where the stair case was.

MisterHero

The Tanners have to be loaded. That entire apartment on the 3rd floor must've put its value through the roof.

Off topic, but I've never understood why most people refer to Full House as a "90s sitcom".

The show ran from 1987 to 1995, and it's often been said that 80s pop culture lasted until 1993, so wouldn't that make Full House more of an 80s sitcom?

SilentRob

“I hope to bring the cast up to the house and have a big slumber party here, so people can drive by and actually see the Tanner family living there for one whole day,” Franklin said,

That is not creepy. No sir. Not at all.

Futureman

Off topic, but I've never understood why most people refer to Full House as a "90s sitcom".

The show ran from 1987 to 1995, and it's often been said that 80s pop culture lasted until 1993, so wouldn't that make Full House more of an 80s sitcom?

The show was on air for the longest and most popular during the 90s.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'd love to see Bob Sagat and the Olson Twins do terrible things for cocaine.

Loxley

For poops and giggles I looked up the house on Google maps, it's pretty unrecognizable nowadays. Granted that's partially because of all the freaking trees in front of it.

I have no doubt the two taller trees directly in front of the windows were an addition at some point by one of the various owners who were tired of folks taking pictures of their house.

Yo dawg, we heard you like Full house so we bought the full house so we can put the full house in yo full house so you can have a full house in yo full house.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I wonder if they will have a lady there yelling at anyone taking pictures on the steps like the old owners.

Wow talk about really loving something you helped create. Good for him...

“I hope to bring the cast up to the house and have a big slumber party here, so people can drive by and actually see the Tanner family living there for one whole day,”

ahh... there it is.

Zabka

Same here. One of the painted ladies right on the park there. Its iconic.

Weird. I looked up the address and it's not even close to the park. I just rewatched the original opening and the zoom out shows it accurately. Was the park used for establishing shots? I feel deceived.

I'm guessing that a lot of that $4 million was based on the fact that it's the Full House house.

So how much would a house like that go for in San Francisco minus the notoriety?

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Weird. I looked up the address and it's not even close to the park. I just rewatched the original opening and the zoom out shows it accurately. Was the park used for establishing shots? I feel deceived.

I've been to the house. It's literally across the street from the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom