• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full House Creator buys Full House House and hopes to fill house with Full House cast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic, but I've never understood why most people refer to Full House as a "90s sitcom".

The show ran from 1987 to 1995, and it's often been said that 80s pop culture lasted until 1993, so wouldn't that make Full House more of an 80s sitcom?

Lol, what? I mean, yeah, the culture influence from the previous decade doesn't just disappear, but I really don't think anything released in 1993 would be considered an '80s thing. Even if, culturally, it harkened more to the '80s it still had the majority of its run in the '90s.

Lol, what? I mean, yeah, the culture influence from the previous decade doesn't just disappear, but I really don't think anything released in 1993 would be considered an '80s thing.
Well, a lot of people I've talked to over the years have said "the 80s didn't really end until 1993". Are those people off by two years?

Off topic, but I've never understood why most people refer to Full House as a "90s sitcom".

The show ran from 1987 to 1995, and it's often been said that 80s pop culture lasted until 1993, so wouldn't that make Full House more of an 80s sitcom?

Oh my man, you're showing your youth here. 80's culture was pretty much gone by 1991-92

- Clinton was the President
- Rock morphed from Sex, drugs and Rock N'Roll to dirty dudes from Seattle who wore shitty clothes and probably did hard drugs.
- Rap was maturing into something else. You saw more socially conscious rap and the rise of gangsta rap
- 90's started off with the economy in bad shape.
- 90's were highly cynical decade, there was a huge backlash against institutions and government in the 90's
- Cold War ended, so a lot of pop culture became introspective when creating antagonists. Instead of foreign threats from the Russians or Iranians, it was the government or society.

Firebrand

Holy shit I'd watch a Full House X Saw

"Hey kids, say hi to your long-lost uncle... Carl Tanner. He's going to be staying with us for a while."

dsUxVXj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom