• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuller House |OT| A Netflix Original Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebo

Banned
I don't really know what to make of all the dirty jokes and double entendres (and the occaisional sexy outfits for the leading female characters). Stephanie's dress in the pilot was way, way too much.

A lot of that stuff seems really bizarre, out of place, and off-tone. At the same time, it's mostly adults who are interested in this show and it feels kind of appropriate for them to slide in some humor for parents that will go over a kids' head. My memory of Full House though is that they never did that sort of thing at all though.....sex was never even implied in this slightest of ways.

Yeah, in one of the later episodes Jesse telling Becky he is going to go jerk off was not something you'd see in the original.

Tobor

Is it watchable for someone that has never seen the original, but grew up on that era sitcoms generally?

I'm not sure how you could have grown up on this era of sitcom and not seen Full House.

But yeah, it's still watchable. You'll have a hard time getting through the pilot as it's really a reunion. After that you'll be good.

border

It does seem weirdly tragic that Joey is like some 60 year old bachelor. If they could just write in a random lady to be Danny's wife, they really should have given Joey someone.

netguy503

It does seem weirdly tragic that Joey is like some 60 year old bachelor. If they could just write in a random lady to be Danny's wife, they really should have given Joey someone.

Random? That's an All My Children actress.

Also, the kiss at the end of the baseball episode was great. Someone seemed more into it then someone else though. lol

DrEvil

not a medical professional
First few episodes were kinda rocky, but it's getting a lot better.

Watching the episode where Max learns to lie right now.. that kid is probably one of the best things about this new show.

I'm also a sucker for how self-aware it is. I love meta shit..

MG310

In what world would three random fans be able to enter a wrestling ring and actually wrestle

luke-carl-family%2Bmatters.jpg

gimmmick

The show seems like they have the same feel of the original , but fit in the modern era. Max is far and away the best character of the show. I normally hate kid actors but damn the writers did a fantastic job.

Nekofrog

Banned
Not understanding any hate. I even thought the first episode was pretty OK (but I was also really high). This is exactly what a 2016 Full House SHOULD be. I feel like a lot of the people who hate it in here are just being cynical.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm not sure how you could have grown up on this era of sitcom and not seen Full House.

But yeah, it's still watchable. You'll have a hard time getting through the pilot as it's really a reunion. After that you'll be good.

I'm English - I don't remember it being a thing.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
lol well I'm pleasantly surprised. Just watched the pilot and I enjoyed it a lot. The singing bit was cringe to the max but I laughed quite a bit.

DrEvil

"Until then, you have to make interest payments..."

> "What does that mean?"

"Show interest in me."

This kid is amazing.

BFIB

Ha, thought the same thing. "I bet he cries in his hotel room a lot."

dbztrk

I really enjoyed it. Jodie Sweeten, Andrea Barber and Candice Cameron Bure have amazing chemistry. They could have sold me on the show having it just center around these three girls dating and living life.

Looking forward to season 2.

Watched the first episode last night. Didn't like it. Watched episode 2 and 3 after reading stuff here. It definitely gets a lot better.

MG310

He "flew in from Vegas" to babysit for 4 hours. There is no show. Joey lives in a van around the corner with a woodchuck puppet and a bunch of super soakers.

DrEvil

Stephanie looked like classic Stephanie in ep 12 during the twister scene. When her hair is down, it's crazy. The rest of the series she has looked a bit different, heh.

Penguin

So Stephanie is a busy, glob trotting DJ.

Who's suddenly broke....

He sounds like he has a cold.

I didn't get that plotline at all. Like we're supposed to assume famous and have these boss friends, but broke? I mean one of the things she says in the pilot is re-arranging her schedule... but why if she has no income?

Argh

Also... odd omission

Surprised by the lack of Nicky and Alex. It was especially glaring during their mom and dad renewal at the end. Like I thought had some potential with them being burnout surfers but also related to DJ's kids to give a weird youth perspective between the diff generations

border

The show's premise seems particularly contrived given how almost every adult on the show (and Michelle!) is an incredibly successful professional. On Full House it seemed like Jesse and Joey were just barely getting by, so it made sense that they might help with the kids in exchnge for a place to stay. On Fuller House though instead of having everyone move into this million-dollar home it seems like a better idea to just sell the house and have everybody chip in to hire a nanny for DJ. From a writing standpoint it would have made more sense to have Stephanie and Kimmy be struggling as well rather than making them a music superstar and successful business owner respectively.....but whatever :)

The show's premise seems particularly contrived given how almost every adult on the show (and Michelle!) is an incredibly successful professional. On Full House it seemed like Jesse and Joey were just barely getting by, so it made sense that they might help with the kids in exchnge for a place to stay. On Fuller House though instead of having everyone move into this million-dollar home it seems like a better idea to just sell the house and have everybody chip in to hire a nanny for DJ. From a writing standpoint it would have made more sense to have Stephanie and Kimmy be struggling as well rather than making them a music superstar and successful business owner respectively.....but whatever :)

Stephanie isn't a successful DJ and kimmy is just getting her business off the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom