• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuller House |OT| A Netflix Original Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually started crying at the end of Episode 1 when DJ was talking to Baby Tommy. :(

Purchased a Netflix subscription for the first time ever to watch this. Not disappointed.

Majestad

Banned
Steve looks fucking hilarious on this. He looks exactly as he did in the last (height, weight, etc) except for the hair. He's probably like 35 or something.

netguy503

It's funny how everyone likes Max so much and think he's so funny and outgoing his actor was REALLY shy on The View today (only spoke to correct a host on his name).

Maybe it's because I could relate to Jackson growing up, but man, do I hate Romona and Kimmy. Only on Episode 2 but I already want them off the show lmao.

Mariolee

Just finished the third episode and was dying at the dancing oh my gosh. Fernando is so despicable yet easily the most hilarious character.

Mariolee

Also is it just me or does Danny's voice sound a bit higher pitched? In recent interviews and other promotion he sounds fine.

MisterHero

It was weird not seeing Nicky & Alex in the last episode.

Maybe they're exploring their future in the fish taco business. lol

All in all I loved it. I we get a few seasons of this. :)

Downhome

I'm going to assume there will be another season. So many folks on and offline have been talking about it today. It has been trending on Twitter since it launched.

Finished!! Didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did.
When it was first announced I was thinking how unnecessary it was, but after watching it, I want season 2.

Tigress

Wait, so Saget, Stamos and co are not back after the first episode ?

I sure as hell ain't watching this then.

I've only watched episode one. I couldn't wait for them to leave so the show could actually show what it was going to be as they really crippled the first episode imho. Not just hammer in the nostalgia and not do anything else (like be its own show). I thought girl meets world was bad with using the same apartment (it really makes no sense why they'd stay in that apartment or why it suddenly grew enough to have two kids in) and having Cory be not just her dad but the Mr. Feeny replacement.

I mean I get that they want it to have some nostalgia but one, it was really way too heavy handed and that includes having all the old characters right from the start (Girl Meets World did it better by peppering appearances here and there. It makes it a lot more exciting and less so in your face you want to groan). Not to mention that very cringeworthy part where they did a split screen (come on!!! If some one is that big a Full House fan it's going to be more fun for them to realize that scene was a direct reference to a scene from the first episode of Full House rather than be so heavy handed. It was so bad it felt like when you have some one tell you a joke and while doing so explaining why the joke is so funny. Don't explain why the joke is so funny and if you have to, maybe you should not tell it. I think it would have been a cute scene honestly if they had just let you figure it out).

The show needs to shine on its own. Not just be a, "Hey, look, I'm the new Full House". And having all the old cast there would really kill that. It's good (from what I hear) that they stuck with the young kids as they are adults now and the parents/adults from the original are more guest stars.

Honestly, the first episode has me appreciate Girl Meets World more in how it handled being a successor to a popular show that has a lot of nostalgia for people.

Wanting to watch it, but will have to wait as I have zero Netflix. I still love watching Full House reruns, and used to save it every day on my PVR.

I love (some) 80s and 90s sitcoms, and can just watch them over and over again. I get nostalgic for better days through them.

Pluto

DJ is definitely in her and Stephanie's old room. They even reminisce about that.
Probably already answered but I'm a bit obsessed with the room situation and have been since I was a kid. In the first episode DJ and Tommy were in DJ's/Steph's old room, Jackson was in Jessie's room and Max in Michelle's, Danny was still in his.
In episode 2 everybody moved, DJ took Danny's room, Jackson and Max moved into DJ's/Steph's room, Ramona into Jessie's and Tommy into Michelle's.

Then there is an extra room. Because Kimmy's daughter has a room on the 2nd floor, meaning there are 4 rooms there now.
There were always four, Danny's room was just rarely Seen.

RyanW

As someone who grew up watching the original on Nick at Nite a bit over a decade ago, I actually enjoyed it for the most part. Brought back memories. Although the weakest parts are the first episode and the cameos. Too many call backs and the cameos just didn't seem to work.

Interested to see if Netflix does a season 2

Watched episode 1 tonight. I'm just so easily amused. I'm all in for the rest of the season. Helps that I've seen every episode of the original 5 times. Daughter grew up to it with her dad intently watching right behind her. =)

Sean

Banned
I had super low expectations but I actually really enjoyed this.

All of the actors did a great job and I liked how self aware it was. I'm a bit puzzled by some of the harsh reviews I've seen, I find it very faithful to the original show.

Wow does the end of episode 4 pack a punch. Jodi Sweetin is the star of this show. Stephanie Tanner was always the best

Probably already answered but I'm a bit obsessed with the room situation and have been since I was a kid. In the first episode DJ and Tommy were in DJ's/Steph's old room, Jackson was in Jessie's room and Max in Michelle's, Danny was still in his.
In episode 2 everybody moved, DJ took Danny's room, Jackson and Max moved into DJ's/Steph's room, Ramona into Jessie's and Tommy into Michelle's.

There were always four, Danny's room was just rarely Seen.

Yeah you're right.

GhaleonEB

tumblr_o35uizPw9P1r9tynio3_250.gif

It's my Kimmy + DJ fan fiction come to life.

Alright. I'll keep watching.

Hige

Episode 11 is like Tumblr think piece bait, so cringeworthy. Whitest family in America indeed.

Other than that it's been cheesy and fun to watch. I just realized it's the first Netflix Original I've actually watched too lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
After finishing the show, I sort of discovered that I didn't hate it... maybe it was because I watched most of it in one go, but like I didn't stop to think about how I hated everyone on the show like I did with Love last week.

The pilot really did the show no favours though - it's easily the worst episode and serves the worst impulses of nostalgic-related masturbation. Once the show becomes what it is - a remake of Full House with the genders swapped - it's fine. Instead of trying to reshoot old scenes and make references to the original show, it just became a generic sitcom that honestly could fit in with something like Modern Family and not really miss a beat.

It's not the greatest thing ever, but it's certainly not the disaster the critics said it would be.

Honestly, the first episode has me appreciate Girl Meets World more in how it handled being a successor to a popular show that has a lot of nostalgia for people.
I stopped watching it since it was clear that the show was for kids, but I have to agree. It features the previous cast prominently, but it doesn't try to force you to remember your favourite moments of the old show.

Vargas

I thought the show was good. If it comes back for a second season I hope that they tone down Fernando's accent, just because dude is latino doesn't mean he needs to sound like a stereotype.

fernoca

I thought the show was good. If it comes back for a second season I hope that they tone down Fernando's accent, just because dude is latino doesn't mean he needs to sound like a stereotype.
They kinda made fun of thst when in one line he spoke with no accent and Kimmy was surprised at his pronunciation. XD

I think on the topic of the original cast which I had no problem and enjoyed on this...

From what I remember the intention was not to have the older cast just the daughters and Kimmy with the new children...and maybe have some of the older ones like Jesse as guests.

But then people started voicing their opinions and some of the original casts like Lori Loughlin and the Olsen twins getting the most attention and voicing their concern, with Lori even doing some interviews about that she wasn't aware of the show; while the Olsens also admitting the same. With Stamos backpedalling on his original stance of them not wanting to be on it and then say it was misscommunication.

Then they decided to do the first episode and bring them all back but had scheduling problems with the Olsens as Ashley wasn't in the US and Mary Kate outside work was in the process of a wedding.

Is why the Jesse's twins only appear in the first episode (and then not even in the season finale which was related -and shoe horned- around their parents), Danny's wife was casted for that first episode alone and then just have some random cameos that ended as after thoughts.

So...guess season two would be a better indication on if the cameos continue and are better implemented; or focus just on the new ones.

But still as I said earlier..enjoyed everything about this. Better than expected.

Just got through episode 4...

I freaking love it.

The end of episode 4 with
Steph calling all the kids her own and DJ the au pair and Kimmie the maid..
so good.. so damn good

Zombine

Banned
It made me laugh in a way I haven't in ages. I laughed like a kid in the same way that I would when I watched the tail end + re-runs when I was young. The dancing episode has some really classic Uncle Joey moments, and Fernando in the club is just lol...

I'm enjoying every moment of this.

SilentRob

So it's actually true, the rest of the series is pretty different from the absolutely horrendous pilot. That bordered on the unwatchable for me.

It's still not...great. The series kinda works because the three main characters are so goddamn charming, but the writing (and delivery) often just utterly sucks. Like, even when there is a joke that actually would have a potential to make me laugh, it's structured and delivered in such a way that it's so, so, SO obvious 2 minutes before that it just falls flat on it's face. I actually facepalmed during the "spilled the beans"-scene.

I'm also still very confused about the extreme focus on dancing, singing and making DJ and Steph look as sexy as possible in almost every scene. In one second it's this incredibly old-fashioned grandpa of a show, telling me old, lame jokes I've already heard a dozen times while being completely confident that it's the best shit ever (which isn't great, but kind of comforting!) and in another scene it just wants me to ogle these women in a weirly earnest way.

There was one thing I laughed out loud by the way: I could not believe how clearly the "Donald Trump" line in the pilot had been rerecorded. The voice sounds a little different and it just doesn't fit the lip movements at all. Would like to see what he originally said there.

You should have seen past episode 1. You'd realize how silly your post is.

It't not silly at all. It's the first episode! It's what everyone is going to see. There are a lot of shows I want to watch and if I hate something as much as the first episode, i normally would never keep on watching - only the positive stuff I've read here about the rest of the series (even though I still don't agree with it) led me to keep watching. This is the fault of the writers. They structured the first episode very differently from the rest of the video and just utterly blew the first impression. There is no faulting anyone for just quitting the series then and there.

kinggroin

Banned
I've only watched episode one. I couldn't wait for them to leave so the show could actually show what it was going to be as they really crippled the first episode imho. Not just hammer in the nostalgia and not do anything else (like be its own show). I thought girl meets world was bad with using the same apartment (it really makes no sense why they'd stay in that apartment or why it suddenly grew enough to have two kids in) and having Cory be not just her dad but the Mr. Feeny replacement.

I mean I get that they want it to have some nostalgia but one, it was really way too heavy handed and that includes having all the old characters right from the start (Girl Meets World did it better by peppering appearances here and there. It makes it a lot more exciting and less so in your face you want to groan). Not to mention that very cringeworthy part where they did a split screen (come on!!! If some one is that big a Full House fan it's going to be more fun for them to realize that scene was a direct reference to a scene from the first episode of Full House rather than be so heavy handed. It was so bad it felt like when you have some one tell you a joke and while doing so explaining why the joke is so funny. Don't explain why the joke is so funny and if you have to, maybe you should not tell it. I think it would have been a cute scene honestly if they had just let you figure it out).

The show needs to shine on its own. Not just be a, "Hey, look, I'm the new Full House". And having all the old cast there would really kill that. It's good (from what I hear) that they stuck with the young kids as they are adults now and the parents/adults from the original are more guest stars.

You should have seen past episode 1. You'd realize how silly your post is.

Quonny

I just had my first "this is too far" moment. Episode six, the
whole entire wrestling scene
. It was too goofy for me.

Dereck

So it's actually true, the rest of the series is pretty different from the absolutely horrendous pilot. That bordered on the unwatchable for me.

It's still not...great. The series kinda works because the three main characters are so goddamn charming, but the writing (and delivery) often just utterly sucks. Like, even when there is a joke that actually would have a potential to make me laugh, it's structured and delivered in such a way that it's so, so, SO obvious 2 minutes before that it just falls flat on it's face. I actually facepalmed during the "spilled the beans"-scene.

I'm also still very confused about the extreme focus on dancing, singing and making DJ and Steph look as sexy as possible in almost every scene. In one second it's this incredibly old-fashioned grandpa of a show, telling me old, lame jokes I've already heard a dozen times while being completely confident that it's the best shit ever (which isn't great, but kind of comforting!) and in another scene it just wants me to ogle these women in a weirly earnest way.

There was one thing I laughed out loud by the way: I could not believe how clearly the "Donald Trump" line in the pilot had been rerecorded. The voice sounds a little different and it just doesn't fit the lip movements at all. Would like to see what he originally said there.

It't not silly at all. It's the first episode! It's what everyone is going to see. There are a lot of shows I want to watch and if I hate something as much as the first episode, i normally would never keep on watching - only the positive stuff I've read here about the rest of the series (even though I still don't agree with it) led me to keep watching. This is the fault of the writers. They structured the first episode very differently from the rest of the video and just utterly blew the first impression. There is no faulting anyone for just quitting the series then and there.
..........I recommend watching past the first episode.

cereal_killerxx

The end of the 5th episode. Y U DO DIS 2 ME! D:
Screen-Shot-2016-02-26-at-111907-AM-copy.png

So far, I'm really loving this. It's the sitcom I always wanted but never knew that I wanted! It's a lot like the original but slightly more adult. Hopefully this gets picked up for a second season with Michelle.

Downhome

As someone who grew up watching the original on Nick at Nite a bit over a decade ago, I actually enjoyed it for the most part. Brought back memories. Although the weakest parts are the first episode and the cameos. Too many call backs and the cameos just didn't seem to work.

Interested to see if Netflix does a season 2

It makes me want to vomit everywhere hearing that someone who watched Full House for the first time on Nick at Nite, not because that's where they watched it, but because it's been so long since even that started that people can now be nostalgic about watching the reruns!

It's like, when I was little in the 80s and takes about watching things like Andy Griffith and I Love Lucy. That seemed ancient to me (but I still loved them).

I thought girl meets world was bad with using the same apartment (it really makes no sense why they'd stay in that apartment or why it suddenly grew enough to have two kids in) and having Cory be not just her dad but the Mr. Feeny replacement.
Wait, what? It makes no sense for it to be literally the same apartment; it was school housing that they left in the finale of Boy because they were no longer students.

(Forgive off topic reply; haven't had a chance to start Fuller House yet but hope to be in that conversation soon.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom