• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuller House |OT| A Netflix Original Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoyed blitzing through this. I can't go around recommending the show to people, but this hit me right in the memories. TGIF was the style when I was a kid. Plus some of the more adult jokes took me by surprise

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I'm not getting the hate. 2 episodes in and I'm enjoying it. It's exactly what I would have expected.
It seems it's getting a really positive reception from viewers. It was the professional reviewers that knocked it.

Meowster

The Olsen twins not coming back and them having to write around them is probably in the series best interest because damn, they've made some good jokes about it. Plus Michelle probably became the worst character on the show by the last two seasons. I was just thinking about how strange it'd be for them to come back to play Michelle when they don't really look identical anymore and would just be bizarre to set up as adults.

Archer

Regarding Jodie Sweetin...

Jodie Speaks on her Drug Addiction

The actress has come clean about her drug problem and has gone deep to explain how this affected the quality of life she led. The now lean Jodie has admitted that she lived a life of lies where she had to give a speech to college children urging them to stay off drugs when she herself was high. It is a good thing that she is over that now and the physical effects of the drugs have been dealt with cosmetic surgery. She has admitted t having lost five teeth to the drugs. Thanks to the dental procedures she benefited from, the actress can now smile without any problem. It is also believed that her flawless looking facial skin could be as a result of laser treatment. Being a light skinned woman, she responds better to laser which must have removed any of the blemishes associated with drug use.

Dayum. Respect for going clean, and making a solid comeback.

linkboy

I'm so glad that Jodi was able to get her life in order. I've seen what drugs can do (my brother was on meth, he just finished rehab last Sept).

As for the show, I love it. Full House was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid, and they manage to strike a happy medium with the nostalgic elements, yet let the show stand on we as well.

It's definitely catered to fans of the original series.

ElRenoRaven

I think you watched a different show. Stephanie boring? Max forgettable?

Yea Stephanie is far from boring. Yes she does fill the Uncle Jessie role but she does it in her own way and does it very well.

I was kind of interested in what happened to Jodie post Full House and man I feel for her. Glad to see she's overcome all her problems.

OMFG!!!

Just got to the end of episode 10 and that kiss. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think you watched a different show. Stephanie boring? Max forgettable?

She's a one note character. Uncle Jesse but without the charm. She fills in the 3rd character role well enough, but she's just boring compared to Kimmy and DJ.

And I already can't remember if Max is the older one or the younger one.

Mariolee

She's a one note character. Uncle Jesse but without the charm. She fills in the 3rd character role well enough, but she's just boring compared to Kimmy and DJ.

And I already can't remember if Max is the older one or the younger one.

Maybe you're just not paying enough attention to the show if you really can't even remember which son has which name. Stephanie has most of the charm in my opinion.

I loved that the humour in the kiss between Matt and Steve was them arguing over the quality of the kiss and not lol ewww I kissed a man

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm glad I kept going after the pilot. The third episode is awesome. Joey babysitting is hilarious.

Edit: holy shit this episode is batshit crazy. Amazing.

T-0800

My wife and I watched the first episode with our daughters tonight. My wife cried towards the end. Really enjoyed it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The third episode has singlehandedly restored my faith in this entire thing. I'm all in for the entire season now.

tumblr_o35uizPw9P1r9tynio3_250.gif

Praise the lord for this ep.

Edag88

Banned
The first episode was God awful, cringe a minute nostalgia stuff and I almost didn't keep watching but I'm glad I did.

The rest was super enjoyable, the characters were likable, enough mix of plots between the kids and adults, and it nailed the 90s sitcom structure without feeling stuck in the past.

Just that first episode...yeesh.

Oh, and that's all coming from someone who wasn't crazy about the original show.

bengraven

I watched Full House every Friday like a good American, but when they were in reruns my sister annoyed the shit out of me by watching every episode five or six times.

But I kind of want to watch this.

That Joey/Alanis Morissette joke...😄

HOLY FUCK no way.

Dammit don't make me watch this.

tumblr_o35uizPw9P1r9tynio3_250.gif

It's my Kimmy + DJ fan fiction come to life.

I was at a 9 out of 10 chance I was going to watch this, but now it's 11.

JSevere

Definitely in for a season 2, the show improved as it went on and it can only get better. Besides, it can't end until Michelle guest stars and they do the obligatory Disney World episode.

This is amazing. Through episode nine and my wife and I can't stop smiling. The critics and early reviewers that panned this have no idea what they're talking about.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I know this is a subtle throw away joke, but in episode 8 when
Danny is laying on the sofa in the couch jacket and Jackson comes in and does the "Where's grandpa?" line, I actually laughed for a good 10 seconds. The timing and staging of it was just so perfect and dumb that I couldn't help but smile.

netguy503

I know this is a subtle throw away joke, but in episode 8 when
Danny is laying on the sofa in the couch jacket and Jackson comes in and does the "Where's grandpa?" line, I actually laughed for a good 10 seconds. The timing and staging of it was just so perfect and dumb that I couldn't help but smile.

The stuff in the pockets got me more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom