• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuller House |OT| A Netflix Original Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tuned in last night.

Really expected the show to be a disaster, but it honestly felt like Full House!

Well, it felt a lot like full house, but it also has a strange imitation / tribute feeling too.. I mean I guess that's what it is..

I think DJ fits in great, Kimmie is on point and feels just like before. Her interactions with the old cast have been a lot of fun.

Honestly the worst part of the new show so far is Stephanie and her bizarre cleavage. I mean, that first episode's Stephanie tits were so far out of place it was just weird.

Question.. Was the Tanner wife an old cast member? I remember Danny dating another woman in the later seasons of the old show.. Is that her?

Question.. Was the Tanner wife an old cast member? I remember Danny dating another woman in the later seasons of the old show.. Is that her?

Danny used to date Vicky, but from what I remember they ended their engagement before the end of the original series. The new wife, played by the beautiful Eva LaRue, wasn't in the original series.

AudioNoir

Banned
The fact that it makes fun of itself helps a lot, and is probably why I love it so much :) Like it's not trying to be the original series-- it's taking the best aspects of it and playing around a little in a silly and often 4th wall breaking kinda way. Works for me.

I'm glad it's been renewed for a second season.

Etzer

I watched the first few episodes. Going into it, I didn't think I'd like the show as much as I do. I'm glad it was renewed.

Somewhat related, the Hallmark Channel's existence tells me that there's a sizable audience for those cheesy romantic comedies that Candace Cameron Bure and Lori Loughlin have been doing for years before Fuller House. I wonder if Netflix will ever produce some of those. They're in production for just a few weeks and they must be cheap to make. Hallmark made about 40 of them last year.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I really want to know what makes this so good? It's not just nostalgia either.

It's almost unanimous at work too, everyone loves it and some of these dudes are hard asses.

I can't stop watching it's so refreshing

it just feels good. there is nothing to evil or dark in it..you watch it and for the duration of the show the world is a better place >>

cereal_killerxx

it just feels good. there is nothing to evil or dark in it..you watch it and for the duration of the show the world is a better place >>

Exactly. It seems like TV is just progressively getting darker so it's nice to have something light-hearted and entertaining to watch, even if it is pretty cheesy at times.

I really want to know what makes this so good? It's not just nostalgia either.

It's almost unanimous at work too, everyone loves it and some of these dudes are hard asses.

I can't stop watching it's so refreshing
Because what other show, film or game is willing to rhyme "Uber" with "Boober"?

Tom Nook

Finished the series. I liked it a lot.

What I want to see in Season 2:
Steve Urkel returns, have him come back as the Stefan persona.
Have the family visit NY, obviously have a Ashley or Mary-Kate Cameo.

Finished the series. I liked it a lot.

What I want to see in Season 2:
Steve Urkel returns, have him come back as the Stefan persona.
Have the family visit NY, obviously have a Ashley or Mary-Kate Cameo.

Don't forget, we need a Disney World episode.

Ramsiege

Exactly. It seems like TV is just progressively getting darker so it's nice to have something light-hearted and entertaining to watch, even if it is pretty cheesy at times.

I think you both hit the nail on the head. Most comedy shows have some sense of cynicism or edgy-ness to them, and it's refreshing to have show with out that at all.

Also Fernando is the best new character.

I tuned in last night.

Really expected the show to be a disaster, but it honestly felt like Full House!

Well, it felt a lot like full house, but it also has a strange imitation / tribute feeling too.. I mean I guess that's what it is..

I think DJ fits in great, Kimmie is on point and feels just like before. Her interactions with the old cast have been a lot of fun.

Honestly the worst part of the new show so far is Stephanie and her bizarre cleavage. I mean, that first episode's Stephanie tits were so far out of place it was just weird.

I agree, DJ is adorable and fully capable of carrying the show. Steph and the oldest child are the only faults. Another big surprise was the middle child, I don't know where they found that kid but he's absolutely hilarious.

NimbusD

Makes sense, show probably costs next to nothing to make especially now that the sets are already made and they don't really seem interested in going outside the house very often.

Actually please don't the
baseball episode was the worst one by a mile. Though it was mostly to do with the nonsensical writing but the horribly done green screen and horrible location production values didn't help.

I agree, DJ is adorable and fully capable of carrying the show. Steph and the oldest child are the only faults. Another big surprise was the middle child, I don't know where they found that kid but he's absolutely hilarious.

I mean, I agree sort of about the older kid, but he grew on me through the season. I think he'll get better for sure. Ramona's a much better and more believable 'older kid' character.

Don't agree about steph at all, even without her the show seems to have no problem being more open about sexuality so her character fits right in. She's sooort of like a female, modern uncle jesse, but in the sense that she brings the older less family oriented, single person perspective to the ensemble. She's not the best actress but she has good enough chemistry with the other two and the kids that it works, IMO.

To quote Bojack Horseman
"For a lot of people, life is just one long, hard kick in the urethra. Sometimes, when you get home from a long day of getting kicked in the urethra, you just want to watch a show about good, likable people who love each other. Where, you know, no matter what happens, at the end of 30 minutes, everything is going to turn out OK."

Yeah and I think actually that's why the old show is a lot more fun than I expected it to be upon re-watching, because at the time it was one of many but now in contrast it's a fucking escape.

Lmao @ the kiss in episode 10. That was a great scene.

I really liked how the true punchline on that joke was the quality of the kiss and not the people who kissed.

Tom Nook

Stephanie,
being single who likes to mingle, is perfect in bringing in guest stars in to the show.
Like Hunter Pence, maybe a 49er or a Warrior.

I watched the whole thing during the weekend. My roommates started watching it but it seems like they all hate it. I'm like: WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU????

Pilgrimzero

Funny show and I like it but I have issues with stuff like

The youngest son lying and in response the family pulls together to make his lie true. Really the kids doing horrible stuff and apparently not getting punished for it.

Also Joey and the kids destroying the house in a goo fight and he just walks off lol Uncle Joey!

Kimmy going back to her cheating husband.

If I ever hear "J-money" again it would be too soon.

DJ unable to afford a nanny thinks she can open her own vet clinic.

Steph playing major gigs yet broke. Was she not paid for that concert?

PreFire

Just watched the pilot episode, and idk, who's the target audience? People who watched the original show when it first ran or the reruns in the late 90's, or is it just trying to be something new? While it forcefully tried way too many gags/jokes the show was known for, the ending is what I liked. The side by side video of the Flintstones theme song was recreated beautifully IMO.

Funny how they broke the fourth wall in the first episode when mentioning Michelle's whereabouts.

I know the times are different, but most of the jokes aren't landing for me.

I'll give it a chance.

Also, the cast looks fantastic. Especially aunt Becky lol

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The pilot is probably the worst episode, it's just filled with references and callbacks. It gets into its own a few episodes in.

Randomly watched this as well to see what it was like, already finished it. Didn't think I would actually like it as much, not really that much annoying characters I thought it would be.

bounchfx

The most insane moment is when they do the side by side scene. Still can't believe they did that.

yeah I agree. I almost bailed right then to be honest, but I'm glad I stuck with it. I understand they wanted the nostalgia factor there but it read more like a five year old showing you something where theyre like HERE LOOK LOOK AT WHAT I DID LOOK

WillyFive

1st episode was good; even despite the nostalgia pandering. That scene with DJ and the baby in the room was more effective to me than most TV shows out there.

ZeroCDR

That scene with DJ and the baby in the room was more effective to me than most TV shows out there.

She played them all like a fiddle, got a house and two helpers just by pretending the baby monitor wasn't on!

Anywho, definitely enjoyed the new series. Very much Full House, that's for sure. Even the new kids were surprisingly fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom