• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuller House |OT| A Netflix Original Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

bounchfx

up to episode 11 now. i'm enjoying this way more than I ever expected. half of it is because dj and steph are so fucking hot, the other half is because the jokes are surprisingly well written. I actually like a lot of the adult characters as well.

Majestad

Banned
Did Jodie Sweettittyen did any acting after Full House? Because she's pretty good for having been out of the scene for a while.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
It's a family sitcom aimed at adults. They didn't make this for tweens like the original.

I mean this has masturbation jokes, original never did that.

Well... that's the thing. It has the same corny tween jokes the original had but it also has adult themes/jokes, I'm just not sure they mix.

I just finished ep 3, so still a ways to go before I can make a conclusion.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They realized everyone watching this will be in their late 20s and early 30s. The addition of a few adult themes make some sense.

fernoca

And just finished the first season.

Overall it was everything I wanted it to be: fun, campy, silly, happy, sad...and even a few things I didn't expected: self-aware, made fun of stuff from the 90s, sexual jokes and even a few gay jokes.

So yep...great to see everyone back. XD

And more eye candy! Matt...Fernando...oh! More Fernando!!

kinggroin

Banned
On episode 3 now, I think the main problem with this show is that it's an adult themed show but with childish jokes, so it's a bit confused in that aspect...

I meant poor reviews, poor wording on my part

Agreed. I have zero issues with adult humor, but the aesthetic...the kids, the rest of the jokes. It still wears the original show's clothing, but now has big boobs and no bra.

Its not like adults will find the little kids that funny, and teens arent going to jive with this, so its weird to mix it up this much.

Mostly though its been acceptable for even my young boys (outside some awkward jokes).

They realized everyone watching this will be in their late 20s and early 30s. The addition of a few adult themes make some sense.

If the primary audience are people my age, a LOT of the jokes are pretty off-the-mark and skew hard towards kids my children's age, so can't say I agree with your sentiment.

I saw the original show as a kid with my parents who were in their early 30s. No reason this couldn't do the same and aim for being a little more subtle with the minor adult stuff.

Phased

So i've watched about 4 episodes now.

I'm enjoying it way more than I figured I would. For me, the weakest parts of the show are when they bring in the old parents to guest star. When they're just doing DJ/Steph/Kimmy and their kids the show is really good with some genuine laugh out loud moments.

I understand why they have the old parents, but for me they're just there to tell 25 year old jokes which usually don't land that well. The pilot was also the weakest episode for me because of the same reasons, but overall I really like it.

So, I never watched Full House, but my girlfriend did. She got pretty excited to watch this, just to see how it turned out, and naturally, that involved me watching it, too.

I gotta say, I'm having fun. More than I thought I would be.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I'm enjoying it way more than I figured I would. For me, the weakest parts of the show are when they bring in the old parents to guest star. When they're just doing DJ/Steph/Kimmy and their kids the show is really good with some genuine laugh out loud moments.

I mostly agree, but I enjoyed Joey
babysitting the kids, but the justification (or lack thereof) for him being there was hilarious.

Ep 5:
The infertility reveal was a sad but touching moment when DJ said how much everyone loves her and the kids came in, excited to see her.

DJ, Stephanie, and kimmie hold their own, could have done a sitcom without the kids. Shows still good, but there's huge potential with the 3 women.

I'm a few episodes in now. I really can't stand the younger brother. Horrible acting and unrealistic lines for a kid. The show would be so much better without any of the kids, really. Just having the Tanner girls back together would have been enough. But then there would have been a lot less plot, I guess.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I disagree about the kids. I think they're pretty good, and I mostly hate little kid actors. I think Max is great... easily the best of the kids. But yes, the three women are easily the best part of the show. Somewhat surprising considering they haven't had the most eventful careers and were mostly popular as children. They do a really good job and fit in to their roles quite well.

Nipo

I'm a few episodes in now. I really can't stand the younger brother. Horrible acting and unrealistic lines for a kid. The show would be so much better without any of the kids, really. Just having the Tanner girls back together would have been enough. But then there would have been a lot less plot, I guess.

No way the younger brother is the best character on the show.

LycanXIII

On episode 7 now, really enjoying it. The scenes with Steve make me desire more. Hope he ends up with a larger role in the next season.

JaseMath

Watched the first two episodes. It's a lot better than I thought it'd be...laugh out loud funny too. Also...

• DJ got holy shit attractive.
• Little brother is hilarious.
• Where can I buy that bacon & egg scarf?

Screen-Shot-2016-02-11-at-6.06.55-PM.png

GhaleonEB

I didn't quite make it through the first episode (my my wife is finishing it up right now).

Does it get better? Nostalgia overload and some potential, but it all felt so forced and awkward.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Thought it was pretty good, and eventually finds its own identity outside of the expected fan service.

It all made me feel very old, though.

DeathPeak

Only watched the first episode, but it ended up not being as bad as I was anticipating. Will continue on with the season. The camp was just right for me and I even had a good laugh at some of the jokes. Worst part was everyone cheering for every classic one-liner.

netguy503

Watched the first two episodes. It's a lot better than I thought it'd be...laugh out loud funny too. Also...

• DJ got holy shit attractive.
• Little brother is hilarious.
• Where can I buy that bacon & egg scarf?

Screen-Shot-2016-02-11-at-6.06.55-PM.png

The cheesecake handbag is better.

Phased

I didn't quite make it through the first episode (my my wife is finishing it up right now).

Does it get better? Nostalgia overload and some potential, but it all felt so forced and awkward.

The first episode is the worst of them, by a mile.

It gets immediately better once the old parents leave. In fact the show is at it's best when it's doing it's own thing and not focusing so much on the 20+ year old series.

First half of the pilot is definitely the worst. If by ep 3 you're not feeling it, it probably won't get better for you.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

There are less obvious winks and nods to the audience, but other than that...

Not that I've seen so far.

I really don't like what they did to Steve. What I remember about him was that he was kind of a dumb jock I think. I don't really remember those later seasons that well. Here he's like a pathetic clingy ex.

daman824

Man... Watching the first episode now and it's a bit depressing. It's bittersweet seeing all these people who were so young back then come back together and they're all getting old

FSLink

Banned
I really don't like what they did to Steve. What I remember about him was that he was kind of a dumb jock I think. I don't really remember those later seasons that well. Here he's like a pathetic clingy ex.

Yeah this was definitely the most cringey out of everything in this show.

Finished it. Loved it. I really wanna see where these characters go. I can't actually believe i'm anticipating MORE Fuller House right now. What the heck is wrong with me?

Also, interesting note about Episode 11 or 12. I'm gonna spoiler tag the whole thing:

So, Steve's idea for his date is to have DJ & him reenact a scene from their old make-out movie, 'Ghost'. Did anyone else note the tragic irony that Steve's idea of romancing his old love is to have her reminisce about a movie where the story is about a widower who is still in love with her dead husband? A scenario which DJ herself can ABSOLUTELY identify with, given her situation? I wonder if the writers picked 'Ghost' specifically for that reason.

MisterHero

They're either setting up to be an underdog or they're gonna shut him down for good
:(
. Either way the show probably wants to explore DJ's relationships for as long as they can.

netguy503

Also what jock would end up with the job he has in this series? Also I don't get the "cute" comments people lay on him in this series. He looks weird to me. He definitely did not age well. It is especially evident when he puts on
his old clothes
he just looks weird in them. Sure, he aged but cmon. If he was a jock like his character was supposed to be he wouldn't of aged that badly. Did anything happen to the actor in RL between the old show and now that caused him to look that way?

netguy503

How can he be a pathetic clingy ex when it's working and DJ is clearly interested?

BTW, DJ's other guy
seemed way more in to that kiss with Steve than Steve was
. Just sayin.....

Astarte

Just watched the first episode, and got floored by Jodie Sweetin and her dress.

jodie_zpsh5fhwfbt.png

Talk about Fuller House, have mercy!

Yeah, I was too distracted by her cleavage slit. I think I missed the entire portion of that episode because of that :v

Everdred

Just watched the first episode, and got floored by Jodie Sweetin and her dress.

jodie_zpsh5fhwfbt.png

Talk about Fuller House, have mercy!
She must have gotten a boob job because the next episode she goes to the club and something about her breast is very unnatural. DJ looks much better in that episode.

Show is much better than I thought it would be though. The first episode had to be packed full of references (and it was) but I'm glad they quickly returned to a newer concept.

Man that first episode got me nostalgia so hard I couldn't help but smile.

I'm at the club episode, well...that was more...er sensual than I expected for a Full House scene, lol.

Mariolee

Watched the first episode and it was way better than I expected after reading the reviews. I watched it with my family too which really completed the whole experience and thrust us back into nostalgia. I was caught off guard by all the dirtier jokes but the same spirit of the original show felt present. DJ, Stephanie, and Kimmy all still felt like themselves and the actresses did great. Looking forward to the rest of the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom