• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

Akim

Banned
Pickups

nfbleCBl.jpg

don't judge me

Dezner

Funko-GAF! :eek:

Help! I'm thinking of buying the Miku, Rin and Luka figures sometime soon. Anybody have these, are they pretty good? :D

Just got my charred, oversized Stay Puft from Amazon yesterday. I feel like I need to share that I'm done. It was an image of Darth Vader that turned me off of these things. It looked like a Stewie Griffin cosplay and I can't unsee it. Made the whole line look ugly to me.

We'll see.... =)

U2NUMB

Funko just tweeted this image... so the Borderlands Pops are on their way... seems Gamestop is gonna get a good deal of exclusives with the gaming pops this year. I pre ordered the Evolve exclusive earlier today, anyone have any experience with pre ordering items like Pops there? Do they keep them in good shape?

B9lL8Z6CIAAOLd5.jpg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Funko just tweeted this image... so the Borderlands Pops are on their way... seems Gamestop is gonna get a good deal of exclusives with the gaming pops this year. I pre ordered the Evolve exclusive earlier today, anyone have any experience with pre ordering items like Pops there? Do they keep them in good shape?

B9lL8Z6CIAAOLd5.jpg

Gentleman Clap Trap is up!

Their exclusive Savage Goliath also got a facelift:

108379b1.jpg

Now he just looks like an angry orca whale.

U2NUMB

Sadly it sounds like the Blue Claptrap will only be found via Power Up Rewards.. meaning you will need a ton of points to redeem to get him.

B9lL8Z6CIAAOLd5.jpg

There better be a Krieg.

Skittles

Oh dear god,I thOught I would be able to stop after the cthulhu one. Then they announce amazing looking borderland ones. GAF help :(

Akim

Banned
It kinda pisses me off how they keep making alternates instead of new characters, especially with the Game of Thrones series. Do we really need 4 different Jon Snows?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I knew I should've stayed out of this thread. Seeing that Toasty version of the Stay Puft... had to buy it. damn!

Decided to order the Cthulhu one. I'm tightly limiting which of these Pops I buy but that one was hard to pass on.

I got my Cthulhu one the other day and I didn't realize it's not the standard pop size...it's like 4 1/2 inches instead of the usual 3 3/4.

It's still awesome, but I really wish they would have just gone all out and done a 6 inch version.

MrNelson

Banned
For those that are looking for the Walgreens exclusive figures, let me just say you're gonna have a hell of a time trying to find them.

All of our Funko figures are kept under the same WIC number, so there is no way for us to order them specifically despite them having unique UPCs. The same goes for trying to order online, there is no unique page for the exclusive figures. If someone tries looking for the figures in the system, the best they can do is pull up how many Funko figures they have total, as all the different listings pull from the same WIC.

Top that all off with the fact that management knows nothing about this promotion, and neither do a lot of employees. This is because nothing came down from corporate about it, hell, I didn't even know until a customer came in asking about them mid-January.

The best I can tell you is to find out when your store receives their truck, then go in later on in the day to see if any are on the shelf. If you don't see any, ask them to check the back and hope that they know where the unpacked totes are located, or aren't so lazy as to just stand back there and not dig through the mountains of bullshit that is our stockroom. My store got Venom and Punisher in last week, only one of each. I got them for my brother when I got off my shift since no one came in for them that day.

Top Bottom