• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

These guys

Martians-sad.jpg

Dude.

Yes.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
DELIVERIES!!

1sltSmU.jpg

A stand for all my funkos!

pjnCu7M.jpg

Ordered a few from Amazon - White Batman completes the collection of White Lanterns

D9nlec3.jpg

And finally, my Pop In A Box arrived

EoVcsmW.jpg

Lashley

Since I'm an out the box collector, are there any sites that sell funkos with damaged/no box for cheaper?

Pop In A Box has finally started shipping to NL, so I'm getting my first one this month, looking forward to it.

They're great. Make sure to mark what you've already got and thumbs up and thumbs down what you like and don't.

Awesome, thank you!

Are you a Brit? I could send a link to the 1 I bought.

Since I'm an out the box collector, are there any sites that sell funkos with damaged/no box for cheaper?

They're great. Make sure to mark what you've already got and thumbs up and thumbs down what you like and don't.

Are you a Brit? I could send a link to the 1 I bought.

No I'm in America, I found what I was looking for though. Thanks again.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just ordered Vampire Spike (my first Chase pop) and Battleworn Buffy (SDCC Exclusive), as well as Locutus of Borg... Because fuck the contents of my wallet, who needs food anyways?

Yeah, I did this, what a chore though :D

Lashley

Just purchased the Walgreens Exclusive Venom off of Ebay, says there will be no import charges, so £22 altogether :D

Aiii

So not worth it
It's strange how big of a hype these things are, yet the "mainstream" knowledge of the things seem to be pretty low.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Hey all.

I am getting out of the pop game, going to be selling bundles of my pops.
Most likely I am going to sell a box of 40-50 for about $300 or so.
If anyone is interested in what I have, please PM me

Zombine

Banned
Damn, just OK? Just purchased him yesterday.

And yes, ALL those boxes are from funkos and those stands (I keep my funko boxes safe in my wardrobe)

I mean he looks good, but Yandu shipped with Thanos for me. He was destined to be ignored before I even opened the box.

Lashley

I mean he looks good, but Yandu shipped with Thanos for me. He was destined to be ignored before I even opened the box.

My Thanos' head came off. The "glue" is useless, luckily I've managed to reattach it but I'll have to be VERY careful.

I HATE bobbleheads. Wish they'd stop.

RoylAsult

I just dont have it in me to take mine out of the boxes but displaying them have become an issue, im running out of room lol. What started out from getting one from my gf randomly turned into me having 28... woops lol.

Lashley

I can't understand in the box collectors :p

You need to enjoy them and they look great out the box

RoylAsult

idk, this is just part of my collection and i like how this looks lol. But out of the box would just be so much easier... but whatever value there is is gone though, right?

Lashley

idk, this is just part of my collection and i like how this looks lol. But out of the box would just be so much easier... but whatever value there is is gone though, right?

Not at all. FUNKO have made it very easy to remove them and put them back without damaging the box etc, theres no stickers over the lid either

Honestly, I think they do look better in the box. A lot of them have rather bland paint jobs (not a problem, these are just the color schemes the characters have), and the brighter colors on the packaging make everything more pleasing to the eye. The Game of Thrones figures, for example, are swathed in muddy colors.

Vashetti

Banned

I think you're way over-estimating what these'll be worth in the future. Yes, there's several limited-run figures that go for a high price eventually.

But the rest are so mass-produced that they won't gain much if any value later on.

Aiii

So not worth it

Agreed. Keeping Pop's in boxes is like having sex with a condom. Sure it's still fun and it's certainly safe, but I'll be damned if sex without one isn't a whole lot better.

The worth issue is non-existent anyways as long as you don't use your Pop's for batting practice. The boxes aren't sealed, there's no way to tell the difference between a Pop kept in box and without. If your Pop's are out of direct sunlight, they'll be fine,

Akim

Banned
The thing with Funkos is the box isn't even sealed. You could easily just put them back in the box and no one would know but you.

The thing with Funkos is the box isn't even sealed. You could easily just put them back in the box and no one would know but you.

This. Unless the figure itself is marked or damaged, nobody will have any idea. Just keep your box and plastic insert in good shape somewhere. That's what I do for all my valuable ones.

Top Bottom