• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

Hi guys, thinking about starting to collect these to display on my desk at work after I won an Illidan one from a Blizzard giveaway.

I was wondering what is your opinion on displaying them: in the box or out of the box? I can't decide. In the box, it's nice because you get the universe they're from and the name. But outside you see all the details.

Zombine

Banned
Hi guys, thinking about starting to collect these to display on my desk at work after I won an Illidan one from a Blizzard giveaway.

I was wondering what is your opinion on displaying them: in the box or out of the box? I can't decide. In the box, it's nice because you get the universe they're from and the name. But outside you see all the details.

Girlfriend is an in the box collector. I am an out of the box collector. We are bitter rivals and hate one another.

SeanC

I'm kind of both. I have some stacked in my apartment that are in boxes, but in my office I have out of box. If it's a valuable Pop, for whatever reason, or something I know is an exclusive or "rare" and may go up in value, it stays in box just to keep from getting damaged.

I'm kind of both. I have some stacked in my apartment that are in boxes, but in my office I have out of box. If it's a valuable Pop, for whatever reason, or something I know is an exclusive or "rare" and may go up in value, it stays in box just to keep from getting damaged.

Interesting! What's your decision process for which ones you bring into the office?

SeanC

Interesting! What's your decision process for which ones you bring into the office?

Hmmm...

I guess if it's a common/regular one that looks cool and is something I'm a fan of. It has to be something that, if it somehow got damaged by the cleaners or got stolen, I wouldn't mind. I had some stuff stolen in the past, notably a really nice bottle of wine that was a gift.

So anything that I can just go out to a Target and replace, or order from Amazon with ease, I'll take out of the box and put on my desk. Exclusive variants from Hot Topic or Gamestop or the like, even though they're the same price pretty much, I don't bring in and even at home I keep them in the box.

Hmmm...

I guess if it's a common/regular one that looks cool and is something I'm a fan of. It has to be something that, if it somehow got damaged by the cleaners or got stolen, I wouldn't mind. I had some stuff stolen in the past, notably a really nice bottle of wine that was a gift.

So anything that I can just go out to a Target and replace, or order from Amazon with ease, I'll take out of the box and put on my desk. Exclusive variants from Hot Topic or Gamestop or the like, even though they're the same price pretty much, I don't bring in and even at home I keep them in the box.

Cool! Do you see any reason to keep the boxes for the ones you keep on display at work?

God it irks the shit out of me the way Namco completely misunderstands and misuses pie-slice-eyes. The missing "slice" is supposed to 1) represent shine and more importantly 2) show which way the eye is looking. They ALWAYS draw Pac Man with the slices missing from the outer part of the eye so he looks wall-eyed or technically cross-eyed. That's not.. how it works! Someone please tell them to stop!

Probably my biggest completely insignificant pet peeve.

Zombine

Banned
Same as Lycan. I put them away if I want to store them/have to move/swap out for a different Pop at some point to change up the scenery (I don't display everything).

This is really the best way to go about it. I find that when you try to display everything it gets very cluttered.

These are pretty cool. Grabbed a BB-8 and Goku for my office at work. Really hope the Dark Souls line expands to include more than just the one DS3 guy.

Checked two Target stores this weekend and they are basically devoid of Funkos at the moment, except for a few randos scattered here and there.

They really need to restock now that Xmas is over. I want that FN-2187....

LycanXIII

6881_HP_Quidditch_Draco_hires_large.jpg

6882_HP_Cedric_hires_large.jpg

6157_HP_Sorting_hat_hires_large.jpg

6884_HP_Neville_hires_large.jpg

Neil_J_UK

Just managed to grab Bane off from forbiddenplanet.co.uk for £15! Seconds after I placed the order they went OOS, mighta got the last one.

hwateber

The sorting hat Harry looks amazing, I think I'll pick that one up. I managed to snag a bath time deadpool from target the other day too. The rest of my collection is just a Golden Frieza from SDCC and the smugglers bounty pops but I'm afraid I'm going to be spending a lot of money soon...

Finally got all my Pops in and set up at work.

Bonus Heroes of the Storm poster signed by the devs that I won in a Twitter giveaway.

Embarrassingly I don't recognize any of those, guessing they are Blizzard? Nonetheless I like the set up. I have a similar overhead thing at work I could be using for that!

No Diablo? He's one of my favorites.

He is one of the last ones I need to get. I had originally ordered him on Amazon with the set of MTG characters, but I found the MTG characters cheaper on eBay, so I ended up cancelling that Amazon order. I'll definitely have to pick him up at a later time.

Embarrassingly I don't recognize any of those, guessing they are Blizzard? Nonetheless I like the set up. I have a similar overhead thing at work I could be using for that!

The right half are all from different Blizzard products (WoW, Diablo, and StarCraft). The left half are Planeswalkers from the Magic: The Gathering universe.

YaGaMi

I may have become an addict. Yesterday I decided to order my first one; Lion-o from Thundercats. While browsing the net last night I thought it'll be cool to have Mumra too, placed an order for him also.

Now I'm already looking at He-Man and Skeletor as they're retired now. May even get Back to The Future Delorean, Marty and the Doc. What am I doing?!

Chuckie

I may have become an addict. Yesterday I decided to order my first one; Lion-o from Thundercats. While browsing the net last night I thought it'll be cool to have Mumra too, placed an order for him also.

Now I'm already looking at He-Man and Skeletor as they're retired now. May even get Back to The Future Delorean, Marty and the Doc. What am I doing?!

Lol. Annoying huh.

But you do have to buy He-Man and Skeletor. They are two of my favorites. Especially He-Man looks so fucking funny.

Goliath

You sound like me. I had no interest until I bought a He-man Pop. Then I needed a Skeletor and a few others. Here is my collection so far:

Top Bottom