• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

Goliath

I went for the longest time without buying any of these fucking things. Now in the last month it's Red Knight (Dark Souls), Dogmeat, Melisandre (B&N excl.), Nathan Drake (Target excl.), and Flame Princess.

I also pre-ordered the new Alien POPs. HALP.

Yea, I can relate. I went from thinking they were ugly to caving in and Buying a He-man one. Just one.....that lead to the purchase of a Skeletor (He-man deserves a friend), StormShadow, Cobra Commander, SnakeEyes, Jon Snow, Calysee, The Hound, Dracula, Wolfman, Creature of the Black Lagoon, Frankenstein, Vegeta, Frieza and a toast Stay Puff Marshmellow man. Now I am waiting on a Mega Man, Dr. Wily, Conan pop and Resident Evil pops. Then I will stop........I swear.....

Yea, I can relate. I went from thinking they were ugly to caving in and Buying a He-man one.

Don't get me wrong, I do think a lot of them look like dog shit. The Walking Dead series in particular I found terribly boring. But there are a bunch of them that are interesting enough to translate well into POPs.

Halcyon

Don't get me wrong, I do think a lot of them look like dog shit. The Walking Dead series in particular I found terribly boring. But there are a bunch of them that are interesting enough to translate well into POPs.

I feel the same. I find any of the "normal human" looking ones completely boring and dull and the pop has to have some sort of cool design for me to want it.

Like Dean is a cool character, but this is so completely uninteresting as a little toy statue:
Dean_POP_GLAM_1024x1024.jpg

Then you have the newer ones like this Iron Man which I think is pretty awesome. Good detail and a cool pose:

Hints for the next DC Legion of Collectors box: https://legionofcollectors.com/dc-tv-box-hints/

Looks like Supergirl and Jay Garrick Flash figures will very likely be in it.

MCC box came today, loved it

My younger brother got it yesterday, too. It's a great box. It was his first one. He immediately went and ordered the Avengers: Age of Ultron box from them. Hopefully it's much quicker to ship than the Civil War one.

I only have a few Pop! figures (BvS Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Nightmare Batman, and Hatsune Miku), but he's got a lot (44, all Marvel).

Legion of Collectors DCTV box contents (via Reddit): https://imgur.com/a/E959W

Can't wait to get mine. It's still "processing," though. Considering how long the Captain America: Civil War box took to get here, I'm not expecting it for a while...and the Avengers box I ordered last Wednesday is still "processing," too. Sigh.

Shauni

What kind of figure is that
Supergirl
(do we spoiler that stuff, not sure if anyone cares or not?). It doesn't look like an Idol or anything.

What kind of figure is that
Supergirl
(do we spoiler that stuff, not sure if anyone cares or not?). It doesn't look like an Idol or anything.

This.
It's from a new line they just released called Rock Candy. There's a retail Supergirl that's based on the comic book version, too. There's also Wonder Woman (comic and movie), Batgirl (classic and Burnside), and classic Harley Quinn.

Shauni

Ah, I see. Wasn't aware of those, but look pretty cool. Not sure if I'll hold on to that or not, though. That
Jay Garrick
, though, is love.

Shauni

So my Legion of Collector's box arrives tomorrow. I'm putting the
Supergirl Rock Candy figure
up for sell. Not really my tastes, figured I'd ask here first before putting it up on the Buy/Sell thread or Amazon. Looks like it's going for about $10, so I'm willing to let it go for that. I'll throw in the patch with it since it kind of matches.

I'm still waiting on my box. Shipment tracking says Friday for me...hopefully it actually is here by then. These boxes always take 2-3 weeks for me to get. Heh.

Speaking of DC, it looks like the new wave of DC Pop! figures is starting to pop(!) up in stores now. It's Supergirl, Power Girl, Cyborg, Firestorm, and Black Manta.

Anyone know when those Suicide Squad Pops were going to come out that were announced at Toyfair? I see the Spider-Gwen was finallly up for pre-order at Amazon.

Legion of Collectors Suicide Squad CG teaser trailer.

I'm still undecided on whether I'll get this box. The three characters I plan to get (Harley, Deadshot, Katana) are regular figures.

My guesses on who the Pop!(s) will be in the box:
Enchantress or Slipknot. Neither of those two has had Pop! figures shown before. A post they made on Facebook said that you'd need to get the box to complete the Squad. I don't think Enchantress is part of the Squad, so it could be Slipknot.

LycanXIII

I'm still undecided on whether I'll get this box. The three characters I plan to get (Harley, Deadshot, Katana) are regular figures.

Enchantress or Slipknot. Neither of those two has had Pop! figures shown before. A post they made on Facebook said that you'd need to get the box to complete the Squad. I don't think Enchantress is part of the Squad, so it could be Slipknot.

It'll probably be
Enchantress
looking at the line-ups for the other Funko Products.
She's
got a mystery mini and a Dorbz, but no Pop, yet.
Slipknot
has nothing.

http://popvinyls.com/2016/02/13/first-look-at-suicide-squad-funko-lines/

Does anyone really want a Rope Guy Pop?

I'm still debating whether I want this box at all, personally. I have the other DCEU Pops from BvS, and I half want to get rid of them because of how that movie turned out. I don't know if I'm ready to take the plunge and get more from the SS line.

Shauni

It could also just be an alt Pop, too, like a
shirtless Joker or Unmasked Deadshot
. But I'm actually pretty okay if it ends up being what you guys are talking about, too.

Shauni

Ah well, I wasn't aware then. You're probably going to end up being right then. I'm also guessing probably a
Rock Candy of SS Quinn probably? Looks like they only have the classic look going by their website

It'll probably be
Enchantress
looking at the line-ups for the other Funko Products.
She's
got a mystery mini and a Dorbz, but no Pop, yet.
Slipknot
has nothing.

http://popvinyls.com/2016/02/13/first-look-at-suicide-squad-funko-lines/

My first guess was Enchantress, since I noticed she had other stuff and no Pop! a while back, and I had never thought at all about Slipknot...until that Facebook post they made about not being able to complete the Squad without the box. It could be either...though, again, Enchantress does not appear to be part of the Squad...at least as far as we know. Her role in whatever is going on in the movie is still unknown.

But yeah, no one really cares about Slipknot, it'll probably be Enchantress..

Does anyone really want a Rope Guy Pop?

I'm still debating whether I want this box at all, personally. I have the other DCEU Pops from BvS, and I half want to get rid of them because of how that movie turned out. I don't know if I'm ready to take the plunge and get more from the SS line.

There's like...at least one guy that wants it, probably.

The BvS Pop!'s are too cool to get rid of, man. The Batman and Superman are my favorite Pop! figures of them so far. Does it really matter if they're based on a movie that didn't turn out great? They're still awesome figures of awesome characters.

I can't wait to get the Deadshot and Katana Pop! figures. Also more than likely picking up Harley, like I mentioned before. Might get Captain Boomerang and Killer Croc, but I'm not sure yet. I'll probably skip on Joker, since I'm not fond of his look, and there's plenty of other figures to choose from of him. Don't know about Rick Flag and Diablo yet.

It could also just be an alt Pop, too, like a
shirtless Joker or Unmasked Deadshot
. But I'm actually pretty okay if it ends up being what you guys are talking about, too.

This Facebook post of theirs makes it sound like it's not an alt, but a missing character from the lineup.

Ah well, I wasn't aware then. You're probably going to end up being right then. I'm also guessing probably a
Rock Candy of SS Quinn probably? Looks like they only have the classic look going by their website

Considering that everyone in that lines besides Harley got an alt Rock Candy, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

There's like...at least one guy that wants it, probably.

The BvS Pop!'s are too cool to get rid of, man. The Batman and Superman are my favorite Pop! figures of them so far. Does it really matter if they're based on a movie that didn't turn out great? They're still awesome figures of awesome characters.

I can't wait to get the Deadshot and Katana Pop! figures. Also more than likely picking up Harley, like I mentioned before. Might get Captain Boomerang and Killer Croc, but I'm not sure yet. I'll probably skip on Joker, since I'm not fond of his look, and there's plenty of other figures to choose from of him. Don't know about Rick Flag and Diablo yet.

I've gone from only having Star Wars Pops to having MCU Pops too, then DCEU Pops, then DCTV Pops, then Marvel Comics Pops. So, yeah, I'll probably end up holding onto them, and maybe grabbing a few SS Pops in the long run. It's foolish to think I won't get sucked in. If nothing else, that Katana is staring me down.

SalvaPot

Fuck, after hundreds and hundreds of POP sales and making fun of Diggeh, it finally happen. There is a POP that I kind of want.

Chopper is so fucking cute.

Top Bottom