• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
How do we know it's a pop?

Whenever Loot Crate has an exclusive POP! they specifically mention it. All the evidence is mounting up that it's an Overwatch exclusive, considering Hot Ryu is SDCC exclusive and the other series don't have POP! representation yet, and that there's a physical Overwatch toy in the box.

pPPiJKV.png

The last few Loot Gaming boxes have sold out before the cutoff date, so I highly recommend locking yours in while you can.

Messi

Whenever Loot Crate has an exclusive POP! they specifically mention it. All the evidence is mounting up that it's an Overwatch exclusive, considering Hot Ryu is SDCC exclusive and the other series don't have POP! representation yet, and that there's a physical Overwatch toy in the box.

pPPiJKV.png

The last few Loot Gaming boxes have sold out before the cutoff date, so I highly recommend locking yours in while you can.

I just bought this due to your guesswork on an overwatch pop ad I don't want to risk missing it being a new character. I wouldn't mind a variant either tbh. I will flip my shit if its Mercy/D.Va or Mei. Watch it be Zenyatta or Roadhog

I just bought this due to your guesswork on an overwatch pop ad I don't want to risk missing it being a new character. I wouldn't mind a variant either tbh. I will flip my shit if its Mercy/D.Va or Mei. Watch it be Zenyatta or Roadhog

It will be Torbjorn. :|

Luigi87

My Winston should arrive tomorrow.

... I swear if that Lootcrate is a whole new char and not variant of one of the existing six...

Luigi87

So I've been looking at my finances, and decided I really need money more than some figures, so I'm only gonna keep Tracer, Widowmaker, and Pharah as far as Overwatch POP! go.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Forbidden Planet emailed me saying my Tracer won't be in stock until July, I ordered it in May :(

oktarb

I just subbed to this thread.

I started collecting these about two years ago when a went through a divorce; 4 year daughter caught in the middle. Its Started with Kaylee Fry from Firefly since she's shared same name. We then started getting a My Little Pony for her room so she had something to look forward to. It also helped establish continuity is a tumultuous situation.

She go hooked on them and through her joy I fell in love with these as well. We get about 1-2 a month. We've past My Little pony into Disney, star wars, marvel etc. I tend to gravitate towards the ones that look unique. Not a plain human "John Snow".

Here's some in the background:
EZ1oTOC.jpg

Saw the Civil War 4-pack and Captain Marvel at my comics shop today. Almost bought both on the spot, but I think I'm going to hold out a little longer. My Amazon preorder of the 4-pack is cheaper, and I imagine I can grab Carol relatively easily for a little cheaper as well if I'm patient.

Of course, here I am trying to be frugal after I just dropped 40 on Palpatine and 33 on Spider-Man 2099. Oh well.

Zero315

Banned
Ugh... I had a feeling Malcolm would be an SDCC exclusive.

So far it's Sex Bob-omb, False God Superman, Doctor Strange, Malcolm, and maybe Pajama Jack that I'm gonna be looking at sites for.

Shauni

What kind of prices do these SDCC exclusives usually go for? Are we talking like super stupid rare for 100+ bucks or are there enough given out that they aren't super hard to get?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
What kind of prices do these SDCC exclusives usually go for? Are we talking like super stupid rare for 100+ bucks or are there enough given out that they aren't super hard to get?

Depends. Some get sold at Hot Topic or Barnes and Noble with a non-SDCC sticker. The rest are pretty much in $60+ territory. SDCC exclusives can cost up to hundreds of dollars in the aftermarket.

Zero315

Banned

It depends. The limited number pieces will probably go for 100+ on the aftermarket. But places like Hot Topic and some online retailers usually get some stock of the non-limited figures.

I also posted this in the Action Figure GAF thread but these are my first, but certainly not my last Funko POP! figurines.

I'm looking for The Big Bang Theory complete set, and later this year they are going to release iZombie as well, can't wait for them to be released.

s8mYNEJ.jpg

I also posted this in the Action Figure GAF thread but these are my first, but certainly not my last Funko POP! figurines.

I'm looking for The Big Bang Theory complete set, and later this year they are going to release iZombie as well, can't wait for them to be released.

DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH DEATH
su-metal desu
yuimetal desu
moametal desu
babymetal desu

So good. Looking forward to the iZombie set too.

Ronabo

I just started collecting these damn things, now I'm addicted. I'm almost thinking about just limiting my collection to just females or something like that.\

I am trying to find the damn metallic Voltron though.

Collector Corps box spoilers ahead:

Squirrel Girl is one of my favorite pops now. The Tippy Toe mini is just ridiculously adorable.
I didn't care for the other stuff in the box but the pop is exceptional. The t-shirt is especially disappointing compared to that first prototype one on the "making of" insert.

ajb1888

Banned
Only Funko I really want is a Bloodborne hunter. Any hope? or does Sony not even want funko of their IP's? Dont think I've seen any.

sigh....

Sponge

Banned
Anyone have the Steven Universe POPs? I kind of want the set. Saw Garnet and Steven at Hot Topic and they look pretty good.

I have all three Gems and the Glow in the Dark Steven. They're great. I really hope we get another wave because I'd love to have Lapis, Peridot and Rose.

Top Bottom