• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

Poona

So awesome to finally see Labyrinth unveiled but where is Sir Didymus I wonder? First time I've seen him dropped off. He's always been included with the other four there in merch, so I assume he's still coming at some point.

Would also be cool if they could include a fiery, goblin, junklady and wiseman at some stage too.

So awesome to finally see Labyrinth unveiled but where is Sir Didymus I wonder? First time I've seen him dropped off. He's always been included with the other four there in merch, so I assume he's still coming at some point.

Would also be cool if they could include a fiery, goblin, junklady and wiseman at some stage too.

Need a Jareth with his crystal ball.

Well their numbers go 363, 364, 366, 367, so unless some other franchise randomly took 365 out of the middle there I imagine we can expect one more right?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Wave 8 of SDCC exclusives announced and--OKAY SERIOUSLY FUNKO

WKzNbPY.png

YOU'RE FINALLY MAKING INDY AND HE'S SDCC EXCLUSIVE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
I'll be in line at midnight

SeanC

YOU'RE FINALLY MAKING INDY AND HE'S SDCC EXCLUSIVE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
I'll be in line at midnight

I can only hope that "idol Indy" is a variant of other Dr. Jones Pops. I just want an Indy. Gimmie a whip. A hat. Maybe a torn shirt if you're going Temple of Doom Indy. I'm good. I can't jump through hoops for the things.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Is this number of exclusives for Cons a regular thing? This seems rather excessive to me.

There's always been pieces limited to 500, 1000, 2000, etc. for convention exclusives. That's just another layer of madness for Funko to mess with everyone.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, in that regard there's always tons of SDCC exclusives. We're not even done yet!

The_Kid

So many SDCC exclusive funkos seem to end up in stores in one way or another eventually it seems, or at least most of them. I'm not dealing with people at that booth again, the Funko employees there have to have the worst managed booth at the con.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Freezy pls I don't think you know how little B&N actually gets

This was last year (not counting the B&N exclusive POP! released the same day like K-3PO and Black Dalek):
Unmasked Captain America
Blackout Ant-Man
Sparkle Hair Joy
6" Flocked Snuffleupagus
6" Groot/Rocket Dorbz
Reaction Unmasked Flash/Arrow

If anything, your best hope is Hot Topic. They get more than B&N, that's for sure.

Messi

Going to Florida in a few weeks. Want to pick up some pops of marvel characters. I'd love to know how widely available characters like She Hulk, Spider-Gwen (mask and Hot Topic exclusive) , Captain Marvel and Dr Strange are. Will I struggle to find these? Also power girl from DC?

Going to Florida in a few weeks. Want to pick up some pops of marvel characters. I'd love to know how widely available characters like She Hulk, Spider-Gwen (mask and Hot Topic exclusive) , Captain Marvel and Dr Strange are. Will I struggle to find these? Also power girl from DC?
I saw all of them at several stores recently. I don't think you'll have trouble.

I just went into hot topic a couple days ago to buy an iron maiden shirt and picked up maskless gwen and captain marvel. They also had she hulk and power girl but I haven't been able to find Dr. Strange anywhere. They have a pretty good selection of pops there. Way better than gamestop or target.

Shauni

Hot topic kinda freaks me out. I never go in there to get pop vinyl.

I admit, the goth environment they tend to emphasis kind of turns me off, too. And they always tend to have really small, cramped stores, at least in the ones I've been to. But they have a lot of cool merchandise, though.

I admit, the goth environment they tend to emphasis kind of turns me off, too. And they always tend to have really small, cramped stores, at least in the ones I've been to. But they have a lot of cool merchandise, though.
It's really more nerd central now. It's not like goth is really as much of a thing as it was 15 to 20 years ago. It's less awkward than going into Spencer's. If you're worried about space, go during the school year during the day.

Shauni

It's really more nerd central now. It's not like goth is really as much of a thing as it was 15 to 20 years ago. It's less awkward than going into Spencer's. If you're worried about space, go during the school year during the day.

It's not about the amount of people, it's the amount of space itself that I'm referring to. But as I said, I don't really mind the store that much. I go in there time to time whenever I'm at the mall.

For my birthday yesterday, I got OW pops (Tracer, Soldier 76, Reaper, Widowmaker), Deadpool (thumbs up), the Spiderman/Hawkeye Civil War pack and the Wounded Knight (Monty Python and the Holy Grail).

The one bummer is that Pharah is sold out on Blizzard's site :-(

Zombine

Banned

Lot of cool stuff, the vibe just really turns me off. I'm also usually the biggest and oldest person in the store at this point and I'm only 26. It's always kind of weird to me when I walk in and nobody is over 16.

Shauni

Here's the contents for the Suicide Squad box. The Pop is pretty much no surprise to anyone who has been following it, but the other things surprise me a bit. I thought for sure we'd get
a Rock Candy of movie Harley, but they're giving us smaller figures of Harley and Joker. Not a huge fan of the shirts being one of those Pop shirts, either. I like the Pops, but I really don't think the designs translate well to T-shirts.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHXPD97gTN5/

Spoilers, obviously, for people who want to be surprised by the box.

Lot of cool stuff, the vibe just really turns me off. I'm also usually the biggest and oldest person in the store at this point and I'm only 26. It's always kind of weird to me when I walk in and nobody is over 16.

Oh really? I would say most people I see in mine at in their 20s. I don't see a lot of teeny boppers in there, now that I think about it.

LycanXIII

Here's the contents for the Suicide Squad box. The Pop is pretty much no surprise to anyone who has been following it, but the other things surprise me a bit. I thought for sure we'd get
a Rock Candy of movie Harley, but they're giving us smaller figures of Harley and Joker. Not a huge fan of the shirts being one of those Pop shirts, either. I like the Pops, but I really don't think the designs translate well to T-shirts.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHXPD97gTN5/

Spoilers, obviously, for people who want to be surprised by the box.

Fuck,
Reaction figures
? Those are awful.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Zombine pls don't fear Hot Topic they get all the things

Put on your best "how do you do fellow kids" and grunge out to the POP! rhythm!

Nah, man. I pop in there occasionally just to see what POPs they have. It's really weird, but Hot Topic has kind of been moving toward an all-ages customer base. I see teenagers in there with their mothers all the time. Their focus on POPs has clearly helped them financially.

Messi

But in that case, can't you see the POPs without actually going into the store?

Largely yes. The hot topic I go to has shelves of 6-10 pops going up 20 ish high. So my height helps. But they also have smaller shelves for the rest of the store. Also feel totes awks buying all my harley stuff :(

Funko added a new "Members Only Products" page under the My Account section of the DC Legion of Collectors and Marvel Collector Corps sites. You can easily buy all of the previous boxes there now. All of the older boxes are also on sale for $17.50 each for the next two weeks.

Top Bottom