• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

Largely yes. The hot topic I go to has shelves of 6-10 pops going up 20 ish high. So my height helps. But they also have smaller shelves for the rest of the store. Also feel totes awks buying all my harley stuff :(

You may find this surprising, but I'm sure no one in that store gives a shit.

Hagi

Funko added a new "Members Only Products" page under the My Account section of the DC Legion of Collectors and Marvel Collector Corps sites. You can easily buy all of the previous boxes there now. All of the older boxes are also on sale for $17.50 each for the next two weeks.

I can't see this anywhere on the Marvel site. I'd really like to buy the last box.

Shauni

Gross. The ones at my local HT are all in their 20's.

Yeah, same. Kind of weird seeing others say they only see kids and teens in there. I don't shop there often, admittedly, but I see way more 20 somethings in there than I do either of the other two age groups.

Yeah I ordered the first three boxes, logged in as well :/

might be because I'm from the UK and Funko hates us?

Don't know. It shows up fine for me for both Marvel and DC sites here in the US.
KDkWduV.png

UbpMzoK.png

Shauni

I dig the Pop. At first I was kind of eh, and thought I would just sell it off, but the more I look at it, the more I think I like it. The rest of it is...yeah. I'll wait until I have the
Harley and Joker figures to see what they look like
. I really like the patch, though, I will say. I think I may put it on my leather jacket. Good contrast to my Sgt Pepper's patch on my left sleeve.

Good hopefully they stop with the bullshit exclusives for that box. Still pissed off about Jane Thor, Miles and now Squirrel Girl.

I stopped giving a shit about exclusives.... Wait, I never gave a shit about exclusives. Funko's output as a company is just too fast to have any hope of keeping on top of their releases, and you'll only obliterate your wallet in the attempt.

Shauni

Good hopefully they stop with the bullshit exclusives for that box. Still pissed off about Jane Thor, Miles and now Squirrel Girl.

I'm pretty sure that's like 90% of the selling point for these boxes lol. I really don't think they'd manage to keep going without them.

Zombine

Banned
Can confirm I would not sub without bullshit exclusives.

NYCC was hilarious last year. Messi's ancestors who went to the event all rushed to the booth to buy the boxes.

FatalT

Banned
I just went into hot topic a couple days ago to buy an iron maiden shirt and picked up maskless gwen and captain marvel. They also had she hulk and power girl but I haven't been able to find Dr. Strange anywhere. They have a pretty good selection of pops there. Way better than gamestop or target.

Dr. Strange is street dated at Hot Topic. I don't remember until when because I didn't bother asking but yeah.

Zero315

Banned
Got my LoC box...

The
Harley and Joker figures are shit, especially the Joker. He's very square. And my Enchantress pop doesn't fit in the stand. Anyone else have this problem? The shirt is cool, patch is great, pin is eh.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I need for Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta to come out already. I need them with my Golden Frieza

According to the Hot Topic Periscope, Goku is coming out next week. Keep checking your stores! You can also preorder Vegeta in store at GS right now.

According to the Hot Topic Periscope, Goku is coming out next week. Keep checking your stores! You can also preorder Vegeta in store at GS right now.

Really? Why don't they put all of that on their website then. I hate Funko exclusives and how they are handled, but at least Gamestop and Hot Topic does good at getting them out there eventually.

I managed to snag a Golden Age Batman from Toywiz. They jacked up the price, the dicks, but I figure these specialty store Pops are going to be a bitch to find, and that's basically the only Batman I've ever wanted as a Pop anyway.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Really? Why don't they put all of that on their website then. I hate Funko exclusives and how they are handled, but at least Gamestop and Hot Topic does good at getting them out there eventually.

I managed to snag a Golden Age Batman from Toywiz. They jacked up the price, the dicks, but I figure these specialty store Pops are going to be a bitch to find, and that's basically the only Batman I've ever wanted as a Pop anyway.

I follow /r/funkopop for all the latest news. Also, Golden Age Batman is up on BBTS right now.

Never support Toywiz, they're the absolute worst.

This Specialty Series is such a pain to get. You're encouraged to ask your LCS to order, but they only get like 3-4 of each. Meanwhile all the bigger sites either sell out in seconds or cancel your order like Dorkside did to wave 1. Still waiting on my Cosmo from Toy Wars...

Funko GAF has let me down! I was at WalMart yesterday and I poked around the toy section and what did I see!? A 3-pack of Funko POPs of Dana, Louis, and a Devil Dog from Ghostbusters! When did those come out!?!

I also can't seem to find an actual price for them, WalMart didn't have a sticker and Amazon seems all over the place but in the $40 range, is that right?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Funko GAF has let me down! I was at WalMart yesterday and I poked around the toy section and what did I see!? A 3-pack of Funko POPs of Dana, Louis, and a Devil Dog from Ghostbusters! When did those come out!?!

I also can't seem to find an actual price for them, WalMart didn't have a sticker and Amazon seems all over the place but in the $40 range, is that right?

WordAssassin pls

I try to post all the news in here, but there's so many announcements that other people tend to beat me to them first. Currently following all the SDCC ones! ;)

Top Bottom