• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Diggeh, do you think they're going to make more Steven Universe POPs? I need a Jasper POP.

I'll will them into existence for you with my toy powers!
But they'll probably be Toy Tokyo exclusive somehow >_>

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
What makes Toy Tokyo exclusives so terrible? I've never had to try to get one before. Hopefully I never will.

They basically get a ton of insanely cool exclusives and charge exorbitant prices for them. They have a monopoly on all the really sweet Asia exclusives too. Worst part is trying to get anything from them at a convention because their booth is sheer insanity. For example, they had the really cool Godzillas last year at NYCC and they only had ~100 a day (if not for the whole convention, can't really remember) and sold out almost immediately. Fortunately Popcultcha and ForbiddenPlanet got both, but it's still really stupid.

They're kings of locking really fantastic figures you've been dying for under an unnecessary exclusive paywall, so if you really want the ones you like (Cone of Shame Dug, Brak and Zorak this year, for example), you have to catch it on their site for an even more post-convention inflated price or import from PC or FP.

tl;dr if it says "Toy Tokyo" on it expect to pay an arm and a leg or as many appendages as required

Sponge

Banned
I've seen them at GameStop, as well as other stores, though I'm not sure if they had many. I only really keep a look out for the DC and Marvel Pop!'s myself.

So far I've only seen the Overwatch pops at Gamestop and Hot Topic. The latter is where I picked up my Winston.

Messi

I've seen them at GameStop, as well as other stores, though I'm not sure if they had many. I only really keep a look out for the DC and Marvel Pop!'s myself.

Cool. My store here in Ireland got them all and they are $18 each. I'm going to the US in a week so getting them for $10 will be nice.

tl;dr if it says "Toy Tokyo" on it expect to pay an arm and a leg or as many appendages as required

That sucks. I kinda wanted the Space Ghost set, too. But there's a limit to how much I'm going to pay for a single POP. I still don't understand how people are willing to spend so much on single figures. These things seem like they cost ten cents to manufacture.

Well SU just got some Mystery Minis this month. It's also one of CN's most popular shows. We'll at least get a second wave hopefully.

Yeah, I figured the Steven Universe merch train was just getting started. I've been seeing more stuff for this show than Adventure Time lately.

How hard is Soldier 76 to find at gamestop?

Not very. I usually see it every time I go to Gamestop. My local GS has POPs everywhere these days.

Messi

Kobe #8 SDCC exclusive $20. Wish I could get him :(

1013KOBEBRYANT_thumb.jpg

#MambaOut

Messi

I'm picking that up! Looks like it's limited 2 per customer at Bait's booth. Which *should* be easier than trying to get Funkos at the Funko booth.

Damn you Bii. You are already on Funko duty. You can't avoid your responsibilities :p

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The only exclusive part about SDCC Beerus is that it's metallic. Regular Beerus should be released at every major retailer.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My first ever Funko, I ordered it months ago and it only just arrived due to stock shortage! On the back it shows Soldier76 but I can't seem to find it for sale in the UK.

Don't know about over there, but Soldier is a Gamestop exclusive in the US.

My first ever Funko, I ordered it months ago and it only just arrived due to stock shortage! On the back it shows Soldier76 but I can't seem to find it for sale in the UK.

Your in luck!
I hunted high and low for Solider 76 and was about to click the Buy It Now button on eBay for £40 when I had an idea and checked Gamestop UK's page.

Lo and behold!

https://www.gamestop.co.uk/Loot/Games/56118

Mine turned up yesterday!

I have had to buy a Pharah from eBay for £55 though and she doesnt seem to be coming back in stock at all on the Blizzard store.
If she does, I'll just flip buy another and flip one to get some return back.

I currently have the following:
Lootcrate Exclusive Tracer
Reaper
Widowmaker
Soldier 76
Winston

with Pharah on the way and normal Tracer coming as well.

gfTsy53.jpg

Man, I hope they make more Dark Souls POPs. It would be lame if they just made the one. But new Steven Universe POPs are definitely higher on my list.

Also, how the hell do I have more posts in this thread than Diggeh?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I hope they make more Dark Souls POPs. It would be lame if they just made the one. But new Steven Universe POPs are definitely higher on my list.

Also, how the hell do I have more posts in this thread than Diggeh?

I dunno Freezy. I run a ton of OTs, and there's like ten new POP! reveals a second so I can't post them all! Though I guess it's time to crank it up a notch. :p

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Your in luck!
I hunted high and low for Solider 76 and was about to click the Buy It Now button on eBay for £40 when I had an idea and checked Gamestop UK's page.

Lo and behold!

https://www.gamestop.co.uk/Loot/Games/56118

Mine turned up yesterday!

I have had to buy a Pharah from eBay for £55 though and she doesnt seem to be coming back in stock at all on the Blizzard store.
If she does, I'll just flip buy another and flip one to get some return back.

I currently have the following:
Lootcrate Exclusive Tracer
Reaper
Widowmaker
Soldier 76
Winston

with Pharah on the way and normal Tracer coming as well.

gfTsy53.jpg

I couldn't afford to pay those sorts of prices , was lucky to get my Tracer for £8.99 delivered, even if it took awhile.

I couldn't afford to pay those sorts of prices , was lucky to get my Tracer for £8.99 delivered, even if it took awhile.

Believe me, I had no intention of doing it myself.
But out of all the pops around, I suddenly decided that I have to have all the Overwatch ones.
Buyers remorse is incredibly high right now, but it'll pass, at some point... I'm sure.

But yea, if you want Soldier 76, Gamestop UK has him!
He's £14.97 but thats better than the ones on eBay!

LycanXIII

They've also hinted something to do with
Gamorrean
with some of their tweets.

It's supposed to be a big box, so probably one Pop and some different stuff. Hard to say.

A new
Gamorrean Guard
could be interesting. I kind of hope it isn't the
Carbonit Han
, that just seems lame to have
a silver block.

curb

Banned
Thought this thread would be a good place to ask about this. A Hot Topic exclusive Ahsoka Tano Star Wars Pop was announced at Star Wars Celebration. Does anyone know if HT exclusives make it to Canada? I really want one of these but I also don't want to pay an arm and a leg to get one.

Edit: I guess we have those in Canada, just nowhere near me.

LogicStep

What are some of the best videogames pops? I'm getting a new desk for my PC and I want to have some cool decorations. Figured some pops would look cool. I was sad to see there is no Geralt pop. I'm looking on Amazon.

And if I could be pointed in the right direction for other things like plush figures or something cool like that. Videogames or movies/tv series/comics related.

What are some of the best videogames pops? I'm getting a new desk for my PC and I want to have some cool decorations. Figured some pops would look cool. I was sad to see there is no Geralt pop. I'm looking on Amazon.

And if I could be pointed in the right direction for other things like plush figures or something cool like that. Videogames or movies/tv series/comics related.

I have these two:

Nathan Drake
Dark Souls 3 - Red Knight
As well as nearly all the Overwatch ones currently out.

SeanC

There's not a lot of really good videogame pops I think, they're all kind of games that just don't have a cool aesthetic for the most part. Overwatch is the big one right now though, but I don't play the game so don't really have an attachment.

I don't have any myself, but I do like the Mega Man one and the Brotherhood of Steel. If I happened across those in a store I'd likely pick them up but I won't go out of my way for them. I'm almost entirely comics and movies (mostly Star Wars and Doctor Who).

LogicStep

Well I couldn't get Tracer or Reaper at a decent price so those will have to wait.

These are the first ones I ever get of these.

Monkey D Luffy
Bloody Jon Snow
Doom Marine
Big Daddy
Power Armor
Daedric Warrior

There's not a lot of really good videogame pops I think, they're all kind of games that just don't have a cool aesthetic for the most part. Overwatch is the big one right now though, but I don't play the game so don't really have an attachment.

I like the Diablo ones. Those were a couple of the first I bought.

Top Bottom