• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I hope I can get one of the Conan Joker or GB POP's this year. I entered the code in last night for the Superman one, but I don't know when they announce winners.

Lol at the Year One Marvel box exclusive pop.

Hobgoblin, who should've been in the Villains box lol.
I'm confused by the whole year one box thing. Is it included if you subscribed for the year or is it just some tacked on extra box? I subscribe box to box (get charged monthly) so I have no idea. What's the extra thing you get if you subscribe to the yearly plan?

Either way the box looks like a horrible value compared to the normal boxes. And people will really price gouge on the pop in order to subsidize the rest of the crappy box.

Zero315

Banned
I'm confused by the whole year one box thing. Is it included if you subscribed for the year or is it just some tacked on extra box? I subscribe box to box (get charged monthly) so I have no idea. What's the extra thing you get if you subscribe to the yearly plan?

Either way the box looks like a horrible value compared to the normal boxes. And people will really price gouge on the pop in order to subsidize the rest of the crappy box.

It was an extra box to celebrate the first year of MCC. It wasn't included in the yearly plan and they charged a premium for it. The item that people who subscribed to the yearly plan got was a gold Oscar-like statue of Cap. The contents of the box might just be the worst I've seen come out of any of these blind boxes. It makes the Joker and Harley figures look decent.

Missed the Funko line cutoff by about 20 people -_-

No matter what they do, getting Funkos at SDCC is always a stupid and misrable experience. Why even have a raffle if you're going to cut the line off before everyone gets a chance to participate?

Cool. They seem a lot cheaper than any of the listings I've seen from scalpers. Grodd seemed kind of expensive, but I think the site might have been set to AU money when I saw the $50 price.

Messi

Just got an email that Hot Topic cancelled my Rock Candy order of Harley and Catwoman SDCC exclusives. Pretty bummed out as I was looking forward to having them. Its not fair. I ordered them right as they went up and they were up for a good while after.

Just got an email that Hot Topic cancelled my Rock Candy order of Harley and Catwoman. Pretty bummed out as I was looking forward to having them. Its not fair. I ordered them right as they went up and they were up for a good while after.

That sucks man. Did they cite a reason? Take too many orders or something?

Edit: Looks like Popcultcha still has both if you want to try again.

Messi

That sucks man. Did they cite a reason? Take too many orders or something?

Edit: Looks like Popcultcha still has both if you want to try again.

Dear Messi

Thank you for your recent online order .

Unfortunately, we couldn’t process your order and your order has been canceled. Please contact us with any questions using the phone #s and email address provided below.

Thanks,
Hottopic.com

Shipping is too much to Ireland from Popcultcha and I was shipping those to store. Maybe I'll get lucky and spot on in store. I didn't think thru would be so popular. If I don't find them I'm pretty sure im done with Rock candy. I was about to order the woman of power DC box for what is most assuredly suicide squad Harley. :(

Just got an email that Hot Topic cancelled my Rock Candy order of Harley and Catwoman SDCC exclusives. Pretty bummed out as I was looking forward to having them. Its not fair. I ordered them right as they went up and they were up for a good while after.

I just went to a Hot Topic at the local mall, and they had a shelf stacked high with both of those.

SeanC

According to their site the Gamestop near me has a bunch of the SDCC in stock.

We'll see later today when I stop by.

13754262_10207387580031353_139058951095189654_n.jpg

Zero315

Banned
Only 5?

In ireland we only have like 1 per town if that and a few in Dublin.

Gamestops are like Starbucks here. At one point there were three stores on the same street within blocks of each other.

My Hot Topic and GameStop orders have shipped. Just waiting on fye now...

Messi

Gamestops are like Starbucks here. At one point there were three stores on the same street within blocks of each other.

My Hot Topic and GameStop orders have shipped. Just waiting on fye now...

How is having 3 in one street even feasible surely they would all cannibalize each other's sales.

How is having 3 in one street even feasible surely they would all cannibalize each other's sales.
I worked at GameStop some years ago and we literally had another store in the same shopping center as us right around the corner, could walk there in a few minutes and had a store in the mall that was across the street.

SeanC

Well I'm sure my gamestop got some in but if they did they weren't selling them. Ah well...I'll see if there's some randos down at SDCC tomorrow.

XAL

Man these FUNKO mugs are fucking garbage.

The most recent Star Wars box Jabba mug is just more of the same low quality garbage. The picture of the mug on the box is worlds away better looking in quality, then you open the box and it looks like a sentient potato painted the damn thing.

So disappointing to get ANOTHER one of these things in the premium bi-monthly boxes. I'm thinking of cancelling the Marvel box because the founders box this year is a fucking joke.

Dorbz are ugly and garbage, and the plushies are really unappealing, and the tshirts are more about FUNKO brand pimping than the actual fucking reason you buy the box - the Star Wars/Marvel/etc IP.

The hat was ok this month.

So, I can't recall if I saw it here or on reddit, but did someone use a baseball bat display case for Pops here? I'm thinking about displaying a few of my modest Pop collection, and the display I saw looked really good, but I don't know what kind of case to really get. I'm not familiar with those types of displays, and which kind one would get for this purpose.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Hot Topic order shipped, now just waiting on Popcultcha.

I knew you'd get something on Popcultcha Freezy! I snagged Brak, Zorak and Cone of Shame Dug. Even though Popcultcha always goes up early and the servers melt every year, I'm always able to get exactly what I want and check out. Take that, Toy Tokyo scum!

I knew you'd get something on Popcultcha Freezy! I snagged Brak, Zorak and Cone of Shame Dug. Even though Popcultcha always goes up early and the servers melt every year, I'm always able to get exactly what I want and check out. Take that, Toy Tokyo scum!

Yeah, I just nabbed Brak and Zorak.

LycanXIII

So, I can't recall if I saw it here or on reddit, but did someone use a baseball bat display case for Pops here? I'm thinking about displaying a few of my modest Pop collection, and the display I saw looked really good, but I don't know what kind of case to really get. I'm not familiar with those types of displays, and which kind one would get for this purpose.

I don't have one of those displays, but I have seen several photos of people who do. They can look really nice depending on the setup. I've seen some with LED strips installed that look really good.

Hot Topic just emailed me saying the Mag the Mighty I ordered sold out, despite it being within minutes of them going up.

Shame it took 3+ days for them to email me about it.

Hot Topic just emailed me saying the Mag the Mighty I ordered sold out, despite it being within minutes of them going up.

Shame it took 3+ days for them to email me about it.

WAT Mag the Mighty seemed like he was up on the site for a long-ass time. Longer than most of the others.

SeanC

My HT BB8 shipped as well.

At SDCC, everyone was after the Indy Pop. They couldn't be found anywhere even at resellers (and those dudes always get extras and mark them up, I saw the Scott Pilgrim set going for $80).

My HT BB8 shipped as well.

At SDCC, everyone was after the Indy Pop. They couldn't be found anywhere even at resellers (and those dudes always get extras and mark them up, I saw the Scott Pilgrim set going for $80).

Scalpers are fucking disgusting. I would rather pass than pay those assholes.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The best part is going to the booths that did get into Funko (since it seems like everyone who gets into Funko is a scalper) and seeing them charge astronomical prices. If it wasn't for Popcultcha I don't know what I'd do. Also my Parks Indy got cancelled so I guess I'm never owning an Indy. :|

SeanC

Scalpers are fucking disgusting. I would rather pass than pay those assholes.

Yeah, the limited edition Obi Wan action figure from Hasbro was going for well over 100 and some shitlord I saw had six of them in his booth. They limit people to two each so this guy probably had people in line for him.

Obi sold out on Friday, probably because of shit like that. That dude probably managed to get a dozen.

Yeah, the limited edition Obi Wan action figure from Hasbro was going for well over 100 and some shitlord I saw had six of them in his booth. They limit people to two each so this guy probably had people in line for him.

Obi sold out on Friday, probably because of shit like that. That dude probably managed to get a dozen.

I don't care if someone buys something they want, and decides to sell it down the road at market value. But when people stock up on limited edition toys just to resell, it's a real shit thing to do.

The best part is going to the booths that did get into Funko (since it seems like everyone who gets into Funko is a scalper) and seeing them charge astronomical prices. If it wasn't for Popcultcha I don't know what I'd do. Also my Parks Indy got cancelled so I guess I'm never owning an Indy. :|

Seriously. Almost everywhere I saw Dr. Strange, they were charging $100 for him.

Top Bottom