• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

SeanC

Are we talking about the Gamestop Doctor Strange?

Huh...ok. I mean it's fine, I'd probably buy it if I saw it, I tried it online as well, but that much for just one Pop? Sheesh. Most I ever paid for a Pop was $25.

My younger brother was trying to get movie Doctor Strange at GameStop the other day, but they said that they didn't have any...even though my younger brother could clearly see them in an open drawer. So the employees were hoarding them. Heh.

Anyway, most of the stores around here are sold out of him now.

Are we talking about the Gamestop Doctor Strange?

Huh...ok. I mean it's fine, I'd probably buy it if I saw it, I tried it online as well, but that much for just one Pop? Sheesh. Most I ever paid for a Pop was $25.

It gets much worse. There are really rare pops that these speciality shops charge $500-800 for.

Got my Olivia Moore and BB-8 in the mail from Hot Topic, box condition and paint quality looks good. Now I'm just waiting on Brak and Zorak. I might need to contact PopCultcha via their chat to check the order status because I'm not getting emails from them for some reason.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Got my Olivia Moore and BB-8 in the mail from Hot Topic, box condition and paint quality looks good. Now I'm just waiting on Brak and Zorak. I might need to contact PopCultcha via their chat to check the order status because I'm not getting emails from them for some reason.

I always assume Popcultcha will just arrive in like two weeks. I think one order I got the "Your order has shipped" email after it arrived. I'm just happy to have the darn things! Freaking Toy Tokyo.

Also included with my Hot Topic exclusives was a coupon for $15 off Skinny Jeans.....

tumblr_mxdrkgSBsY1sycuvlo1_500.gif

I picked up doctor strange at gamestop today. Well technically my wife paid for it as i stood next to her for her anniversary present to me but whatever.

They had a bunch of con exclusives still.

I picked up doctor strange at gamestop today. Well technically my wife paid for it as i stood next to her for her anniversary present to me but whatever.

They had a bunch of con exclusives still.

Don't you live in a place where Walgreens actually stocks exclusives? Where the heck do you live Aff, because I need to shop there.

Also included with my Hot Topic exclusives was a coupon for $15 off Skinny Jeans.....

tumblr_mxdrkgSBsY1sycuvlo1_500.gif

If it's the same coupon I got, it's not just for skinny jeans, they're just advertising skinny jeans on it. It's a $15 off $50 promo they run each month, I think. Each month they change what's on the card.

Sponge

Banned
Diggeh, is there anywhere to get the Steve Universe POPs for a decent price? Amazon sellers want like $50 for the set which is lolololol.

My Hot Topic still has tons of GiTD Steven and Garnets, but as for the original four pops I'd say check eBay. One seller has them for 10 bucks each free shipping.

Zombine

Banned
Sometimes scalpers get really fucked over and it's amazing. Watching dozens of Negan statues flood eBay with no movement is an amazing thing.

Don't you live in a place where Walgreens actually stocks exclusives? Where the heck do you live Aff, because I need to shop there.

I actually just moved lol. So I don't know about the Walgreens here. There are three Gamestops here in a city of roughly 200,000 though so there were plenty to go around. The ones inside the mall disappeared first, it would seem.

SeanC

Omg thank you! Nabbed Strange, the pop I wanted most but couldn't get at SDCC.

Yeah, it was second on my must-have list. I went in store yesterday and the girl said "Everybody wants that one and we never have it." People call all the time etc...

They did have some of those SDCC Deadpools in stock. I figured it's kind of cute and I like Deadpool enough so I grabbed one.

It's weird I mostly have Star Wars Pops but I guess I'm picky. I don't like the Luke/Han ones all that much. I want them doing something interesting pose-wise, I guess. Just standing there doesn't do much for me.

Zero315

Banned
My Hot Topic order came in, Gamestop should be here any minute now. BB-8 is adorable and the Batsuit on Underwater Batman is way lighter than I thought it would be.

Still waiting on fye to ship...

In the meantime I just ordered GitD White Lantern Firestorm from Popcultcha. Even with shipping it ended up being cheaper than getting it from Fugitive.

SalvaPot

The SDCC Dr. Strange POP is classy as fuck, that should have been the default pose. Thanks for the heads-ups diggeh!

And don't be mad I gave my Indiana Jones to a friend for $20.

SeanC

My Hot Topic came in, the BB8 is really nice.

A little dissapointed in the Agent Carter I ordered with it. Love that character but her body is toothpick thin and impossible to stand up even with quake-hold which I do on my figures. Too top-heavy (the head...top heavy with the head I mean...heh...)

Guess that one will go in a box with the empties.

SeanC

Hot Topic is having a 30% off sale for most of their stuff, including most Pops.

I would take advantage had I just not bought some.

Messi

I haven't seen her yet, either.

I just got her in the next shop I went into. Asked an employee and she told me "of course, we have loads every hot topic gets loads of the exclusives" I wanna see the receipts. I rewarded the store with me buying 4 other pops

Top Bottom