• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

Welp those who have ordered from popcultcha that lives in the US AND Canada the fun is over the exclusives will no longer ship to the US and Canada due to Funko restricting them.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Welp those who have ordered from popcultcha that lives in the US AND Canada the fun is over the exclusives will no longer ship to the US and Canada due to Funko restricting them.

Technically it only affects retail exclusives in the US being shipped to the US. A lot of people ordered older OOP exclusives from Hot Topic and such from PC--also saved a lot of hassle hunting down Walgreens exclusives. Basically, if you see "(RS)" on the POP! it can't be shipped here anymore. Here's the Reddit thread about it.

Note that it only affects specific US retail exclusives, so all convention exclusives should still be fair game to import. Regardless, it's "due to new restrictions put in place by Funko". Geez Funko.

Diggeh! Why did I not hear about these from you?

jpeg

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Diggeh! Why did I not hear about these from you?

Freezy pls they were just announced! Maybe if you stopped by POP! LINEGAF and Toy LINEGAF more often you'd know. :p
I didn't even see the Steven Universe ones until just now actually, good eye!

Coming Soon: Pint Size Heroes!

xtrRDLt.png

Basically they're mini-Dorbz with POP! style heads. Quite a few store exclusives, which are always fun for blind bags. I'm gonna need that Batman Beyond ASAP!
and maybe like 10 more oh no Funko why

SalvaPot

Freezy pls they were just announced! Maybe if you stopped by POP! LINEGAF and Toy LINEGAF more often you'd know. :p
I didn't even see the Steven Universe ones until just now actually, good eye!

Coming Soon: Pint Size Heroes!

xtrRDLt.png

Basically they're mini-Dorbz with POP! style heads. Quite a few store exclusives, which are always fun for blind bags. I'm gonna need that Batman Beyond ASAP!
and maybe like 10 more oh no Funko why

This look decent.

Goliath

I HATE blind bags. That is what is awesome about Pops. You get a cool cheap figure of the character you want. Not a million doubles or an ebay overpriced bid because your favorite character is a chase. It's why I didn't jump on the Street Fighter kidrobot figures and am looking forward to the Funko pop Street Fighter.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Don't forget that you can remove the Star Wars POP! from their bases--they're not glued in, they're just pegged in.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
All POPs should have bases.

Yeah, especially the top heavy ones that don't stand without the tiny clear pieces. It'd be cool to have a little display stand for certain ones like the TFA snowy bases for the newer Kylo and Rey. That and more action pose POP! too.

Ugh. The spiderman collectors corps box looks like hot garbage. If my favorite character wasn't coming next I'd cancel so fast. Especially considering the crappiest item is a line exclusive to the Marvel boxes.

SalvaPot

For those interested in the Pint Size Heroes, it seems there is some confusion about the List Price for a full box. Most retailers are putting it at 89.99, BUT my wholesaler is putting the Display of 24 at $48 dollars as the list price for the public. My recommendation if you want to get a box is to just wait for a bit until the big retailers puts them out and we get a official price from Funko.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like the "restricted shipping" from earlier is a lot worse than feared: Popcultcha can no longer ship Funko products to U.S. and Canada PERIOD. Any preorders are being canceled and refunded.

klfzWWP.png

I can't wait to never get another Toy Tokyo exclusive again. For that matter, I guess we'll never be able to get most convention exclusives anymore. I depended on them so much...

Just in time for NYCC too! Swell. Thanks for the restriction, Funko. I'm going to do a little restricting myself--time to cut back heavily on Funko products.

SalvaPot

Looks like the "restricted shipping" from earlier is a lot worse than feared: Popcultcha can no longer ship Funko products to U.S. and Canada PERIOD. Any preorders are being canceled and refunded.

klfzWWP.png

I can't wait to never get another Toy Tokyo exclusive again. For that matter, I guess we'll never be able to get most convention exclusives anymore. I depended on them so much...

Just in time for NYCC too! Swell. Thanks for the restriction, Funko. I'm going to do a little restricting myself--time to cut back heavily on Funko products.

If they can still ship to México I can get them for you. Diggeh lives close to me so I can give it to him and he can ship to everyone else.

Sponge

Banned
Very disappointed about Popcultcha. I didn't use it much because most con exclusives are variants that I didn't really want, but stuff like Zorak and Brak were new characters that were impossible to get anywhere at a fair price.

Got the Spider-Man Marvel Collectors Corps box in the mail today. It's cool.

If they can still ship to México I can get them for you. Diggeh lives close to me so I can give it to him and he can ship to everyone else.

SalvaPot
Funko Trafficker
(Today, 02:03 AM)
image.php

NoRéN;214758213 said:
How do these shipping restrictions benefit funko?

Either they're just trying to be butts, or they're working out a deal with another distributor for the territory. In the latter case, it would trivialize all the outrage unless they charge scalper prices anyway.

U2NUMB

NoRéN;214758213 said:
How do these shipping restrictions benefit funko?

It is 100% driven by their big retail partners in the US and Canada. I believe it does 3 things..

1) They sell less.. no way around it less will be sold worldwide.
2) Drives the cost of these exclusives on the second hand market higher than they already are.
3) Piss off many great collectors / fans.

It really is a shame.. I hope they get enough pushback to change but I doubt it.. the companies that are pushing this control a large part of the distribution of not only the exclusives but all the other regular ones in the US.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I already decided to stop buying Funko stuff as a result, so this is definitely true.

image.php

I don't blame you Freezy. I'm definitely gonna cut back heavily too. RIP Popcultcha, you helped me get some of my favorite POP! ever like Flamehead Anger and Cone of Shame Dug without paying scalper prices. :(

I don't blame you Freezy. I'm definitely gonna cut back heavily too. RIP Popcultcha, you helped me get some of my favorite POP! ever like Flamehead Anger and Cone of Shame Dug without paying scalper prices. :(

I really wanted those Alien POPs that come out this month, too. But I won't support a company that knowingly fucks over their fans like this.

Sponge

Banned
I'm not gonna stop buying pops, but I refuse to pay scalper prices for exclusives. So they won't be getting my money for those anymore.

Zero315

Banned
Damn, white lantern Firestorm was my first (and now last) pop from popcultcha. I was definitely gonna go back for more stuff from them.

I'm not even sure how they would adversely effect exclusive when usually people would use them because the actual exclusive was sold out. The only people it would have an effect on are flippers. As far as I can see they're the only ones who benefit from this.

Got some cool stuff in the antihero lootcrate.
Liked it way more than the squad legion box. There wasn't a pop but the Qfig is sweet anyway.

That Marvin is pretty great, the style works perfectly.

Still waiting on a non-metallic (read: inexpensive) version of the Beerus pop...

SalvaPot

Do you guys know nothing about the Street Fighter V POPs? Hot Ryu is the only ones with pictures so far, I can't find pics for any or the others.

SalvaPot

Those Photos are for the POP Asia images, notice how Ryu has the Street Fighter V logo. There is supposedly a series coming for the Street Fighter V funkos.

SalvaPot

Those same Pops are just going to be rebranded under the Pop Games line when released nationally. Source.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. Damn, thank you! I was sweating bullets because I thought I was going to have to cancel lots of Street Fighter POP's, but it seems I'll just have to let them now that the current pic is a placeholder, since the figures are the same.

My provider has them listed as September 30.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Salva pls

Hot Ryu will also be at GS under the Games brand.

Ronabo

Looks like the Willy Wonka pop price gouging has begun. I ordered one and a few other pops from Hot Topic and I just got a email saying the Willy Wonka one was OOS. So I checked Amazon and eBay and they are shooting up in price.

Hopefully the one I just ordered from Gamestop comes in.

Top Bottom