• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

They weren't supposed to be out yet.

I posted earlier about that. They lied to everyone. The Street date ended up lifting yesterday at like 3:30 PM pst, idk how people even found out. Stores by me were already sold out when I found out like less than an hour later

zeemumu

I posted earlier about that. They lied to everyone. The Street date ended up lifting yesterday at like 3:30 PM pst, idk how people even found out. Stores by me were already sold out when I found out like less than an hour later

What the hell, Target?! I'll call my local one and see if they're the same.

Edit: Called mine. It's the same, but the guy said that they might be getting one more shipment and then that's it. It's funny because I went in yesterday morning to check. The early bird saying is a lie.

What are the odds of them posting them online on time?

zeemumu

it was never for sale, just the item page went up. It said only in stores the second it went up

Ah. Somehow knowing that I wasn't too late and just never had a chance made me feel better, ahaha. I guess my last shot is tomorrow for the fabled last shipment that the guy in electronics told me about when I called yesterday.

Ah. Somehow knowing that I wasn't too late and just never had a chance made me feel better, ahaha. I guess my last shot is tomorrow for the fabled last shipment that the guy in electronics told me about when I called yesterday.

brickseek is working for it now, so u can see stock around you.

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/

DPCI is: 087-06-2181

Then just enter your zip. Its sold out at all the stores on the list near me.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Wtf!? Ghost rider goes for over 50 on eBay. Mine cost me £4. I thought it was common? Selling it 🌝

zeemumu

brickseek is working for it now, so u can see stock around you.

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/

DPCI is: 087-06-2181

Then just enter your zip. Its sold out at all the stores on the list near me.

Hmm, thanks, this looks like it'll be useful in the future.

Looks like there are 4 Targets within 10 miles with them in stock, and one with 2 in saleable stock. Does saleable mean out on the floor right now or stock that hasn't been purchased and shipped to store?

Looks like there are 4 Targets within 10 miles with them in stock, and one with 2 in saleable stock. Does saleable mean out on the floor right now or stock that hasn't been purchased and shipped to store?

I believe it means its out on the floor

Bii

Most Targets are closed today due to Easter. Just an FYI.

hydruxo

Got my Qui-Gon yesterday at my local Target, surprisingly with zero hassle or anything. Asked an employee to look up the DPCI for me and he said they had the box of them under the cash register in Electronics. I definitely lucked out, considering how badly Target botched the release on this one. Hope everyone who wants one manages to get it tomorrow when they open.

Drayco21

I've only been collecting a few months, apparently my Liberty Prime (Gamestop Exclusive) is the most valuable thing in my collection at $26, followed quickly behind by the Titanfall 2 set.

Seems like that Liberty Prime disappeared pretty quick- maybe it'll actually be worth something one day.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Found out I have a bunch of rares after checking the guide. Time to sell while they have a good price attached.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I didn't realise these could get so expensive, I looked today to get a Tali from Mass Effect as it's the character I named my cat after, looking around it's going for £100 pretty much everywhere, or cheaper with super expensive delivery. I'm super disappointed in myself for not picking one up for my shelf a couple years ago.

Target is now saying that the Qui Gon will not be sold online at all. What a FUCK UP. Holy shit.They are telling people to check stores tomorrow, they already sold out last week...

Forbidden planet international is the last option for me.

zeemumu

Target is now saying that the Qui Gon will not be sold online at all. What a FUCK UP. Holy shit.They are telling people to check stores tomorrow, they already sold out last week...

Forbidden planet international is the last option for me.

It really was. They really dropped the ball.

My options are to either check the Target that told me that they might have a new shipment or Monday or check the Target that has 6 in stock and 2 on the floor on Brickseek in the 2nd furthest store. I can only check one.

Zero315

Banned
Is there really no info about a second Wave of One Piece pops? Tried searching and found nothing

Not yet, but it probably will get a second wave. The first one seemed to be decently popular.

Holy shit at the Target situation. This is up there with the Scott Pilgrim FYE fuckup and the Walgreens Green Goblin fiasco.

Funko really needs to go back to planning this shit out in advance. Ever since they switched to the "We're gonna announce this shit two days in advance" system it seems like there's always a fuckup with at least one store. Either with stuff not being put out on time or with stores not knowing what they're getting.

zeemumu

people were camping out for over 2 hours at the closest target that had qui gons which was 45 minutes away. yeesh, im giving up on this

Got there and there was a pretty small line (like 10 people) but they only had 6 (why did they only give everyone 6?!) And the rest of the line was for NES Classics.

hydruxo

people were camping out for over 2 hours at the closest target that had qui gons which was 45 minutes away. yeesh, im giving up on this

That's wild. I never thought there would be a line for this pop. Hopefully Target has learned from this whole ordeal but I doubt it.

zeemumu

That's wild. I never thought there would be a line for this pop. Hopefully Target has learned from this whole ordeal but I doubt it.

They didn't lose money on it since they sold them all so I don't think they care. Doesn't really matter to them who gets them as long as they're bought.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I didn't realise these could get so expensive, I looked today to get a Tali from Mass Effect as it's the character I named my cat after, looking around it's going for £100 pretty much everywhere, or cheaper with super expensive delivery. I'm super disappointed in myself for not picking one up for my shelf a couple years ago.

Yeah, I never realized how expensive they could get until I saw someone post the vinyl guide on here. I have Tali and had no idea she was worth that much. Going to sell her now and several others that are worth $50+

hydruxo

They didn't lose money on it since they sold them all so I don't think they care. Doesn't really matter to them who gets them as long as they're bought.

That's what I mean. It's the same with Funko in general. Anytime there's a botched release, they just look the other way because they know shit is selling regardless and they have so many waves/licenses that it's just nothing to them.

zeemumu

That's what I mean. It's the same with Funko in general. Anytime there's a botched release, they just look the other way because they know shit is selling regardless and they have so many waves/licenses that it's just nothing to them.

On the other hand if no one buys the scalper supply and they try to return it, then they'll start to notice. But that's not happening anytime soon

zeemumu

just when u think it couldnt get worse. Target put them up for sale online, they sold out in seconds

When? How do you go from "We're dropping them on Monday" to "Psyche! Dropping them on Friday" to "Actually we'll still have some on Monday but we aren't selling them online" to "Psyche! They're online" and manage not to tell anyone about this?

Do I need to put a stock alert on my phone?

When? How do you go from "We're dropping them on Monday" to "Psyche! Dropping them on Friday" to "Actually we'll still have some on Monday but we aren't selling them online" to "Psyche! They're online" and manage not to tell anyone about this?

Do I need to put a stock alert on my phone?

it was posted like 3 hours ago on reddit. Someone said they had no limit to how many people could order. And they seemed to only have around 50 in stock

In minor consolation news, Hoth Leia is back in stock

Go! Go now!!!!!!!

Snagged one. Who knows? Maybe in a few years I'll have a second POP worth something. Plus even though I'm not a big SW fan it's still just kind of nice to have a Leia... ;__;

Also snagged Rick, Morty, and Mr Meeseeks keychains plus the black and white retro BL-Exclusive Woody for 30% off each. I saw Woody in the store a week ago and almost got it for my dad again but I'm glad I waited :D

hydruxo

Thrawn is back up on Toys R Us if anyone wants it.

Apparently you can only ship to store? I added it to my cart and it says 'ship to store only' but when you try and choose the store, they won't let you do it if the store doesn't have it in stock (which none of my local TRU do it seems like). Weird.

Top Bottom