• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

zeemumu

Okay so the Jolly Roger's showing up in WDW were in fact someone accidentally getting a box early, I guess. Actual release is still May 5th. If you can't make it to the park, try the ShopDisneyParks app.

zeemumu

Looks like Halloweentown variants are the next Kingdom Hearts Pops

4srusldu4zty.png

LycanXIII

Normally, I'd be all about these, but I still just can't bring myself to care about Kingdom Hearts Pops without the actual main cast of Kingdom Hearts in the set at all.

I'm pretty sure that Disney owns the rights to all original characters, so I don't know why Sora wasn't in the first wave.

Edit: So the next Collector Corps box is Spider-Man Homecoming. Hope it's better than the previous Spider-Man box.

so bummed I missed out on preordering USA MCcree. Looks like another one where gamestop is only getting the amounts preordered, and no extra for walk ins.

Looks like B/W Pete is starting to show up on Walmart's website now. It showed no information. It has an actual picture now, but it's not showing available anywhere.

I'm pretty sure that Disney owns the rights to all original characters, so I don't know why Sora wasn't in the first wave.
No, that goes to Square Enix. They own the character of Sora.

I got Mei for this wave but I'm saving my money for a few other upcoming Pops (Catdog, Reptar, Jolly Roger, and the new Maleficent variant)

I need to find a USA Mccree next. Should've preordered so I'll have to settle for regular. I'm thinking of snagging all these Disney villains but I can't start a new series. Hot too many as it is

Contents of the Wonder Woman LOC box has been mostly spoiled.

https://twitter.com/ARROWwriters/status/858014960349200384

The Wonder Woman Pop was announced awhile back, and I still think it's lackluster, but we actually have a box with two Pops and the other is, eh...somebody? Doctor Poison though they label her Doctor Maru and looks closer to Doctor Cyber lol. I guess she never goes by the name Doctor Poison in the film, which is stupid, but whatever. There's also a pint size hero that looks like New 52 Wonder Woman maybe. Can't really make out the shirt, patch or pin.

Next box is apparently Batman The Animated Series

hydruxo

Contents of the Wonder Woman LOC box has been mostly spoiled.

https://twitter.com/ARROWwriters/status/858014960349200384

The Wonder Woman Pop was announced awhile back, and I still think it's lackluster, but we actually have a box with two Pops and the other is, eh...somebody? Doctor Poison though they label her Doctor Maru and looks closer to Doctor Cyber lol. I guess she never goes by the name Doctor Poison in the film, which is stupid, but whatever. There's also a pint size hero that looks like New 52 Wonder Woman maybe. Can't really make out the shirt, patch or pin.

Next box is apparently Batman The Animated Series

LOC boxes are
consistently underwhelming IMO.
I will say that the
B:TAS box
is intriguing though.

Zero315

Banned
LOC boxes are
consistently underwhelming IMO.
I will say that the
B:TAS box
is intriguing though.
The shirts have been decent, and some of the Pops have been really good, but overall I agree. I still really like the Supergirl Rock Candy that came from the DCTV box.

Yay, just what we needed, more Batman...

hydruxo

The shirts have been decent, and some of the Pops have been really good, but overall I agree. I still really like the Supergirl Rock Candy that came from the DCTV box.

Yay, just what we needed, more Batman...

I think I saw that the Batman box is gonna be a
villain
they haven't done in pop form yet, so that's better than another Batman pop to add to the pile lol

Burbank Hot Topic got in the Cosmic Bill Cypher today but I was maybe 5 minutes too late. ARGH

Picked up normal Bill and Mable though, and a HT Exclusive Peter Pan for my girlfriend. Gonna keep a vigilant eye out for the chases, though. I got into POPs too late to 100% my Ghostbusters (classic) collection but I'm gonna try to get all the Gravity Falls POPs [for retail price] if I can.

I'm honestly really surprised the chase variants for Gravity Falls are Cosmic Bill and Ghost Dipper (wtf?) and not like every kind of Mabel sweater possible. They could milk variants of her for ages.

zeemumu

Jolly Roger is due to drop tomorrow. If you can't make it to the parks, try checking the shop disneyparks app at midnight

man, chases at hot topic by me are no joke. We usually get stuff the day after SoCal, so we know when to go and look. A few people have started to camp out at the store from like 7 AM, until whenever they get their shipment usually between noon and 2 pm for every recent chase. Like damn, its not that big a deal. Most 1:6 chases nowadays settle at like 30 bucks a piece. People dont know what their time is worth it seems.

Now that gitd chase maleficent coming out is really nice, but yeah i cant camp at the store for 7 hours everyday waiting for it. Its one of the rare times something started showing up on the east coast first and slowly makes its way west. No idea when it will hit here.

zeemumu

man, chases at hot topic by me are no joke. We usually get stuff the day after SoCal, so we know when to go and look. A few people have started to camp out at the store from like 7 AM, until whenever they get their shipment usually between noon and 2 pm for every recent chase. Like damn, its not that big a deal. Most 1:6 chases nowadays settle at like 30 bucks a piece. People dont know what their time is worth it seems.

Now that gitd chase maleficent coming out is really nice, but yeah i cant camp at the store for 7 hours everyday waiting for it. Its one of the rare times something started showing up on the east coast first and slowly makes its way west. No idea when it will hit here.

They haven't started showing up in CA yet?

They haven't started showing up in CA yet?

nope, usually all hot topic funko stuff starts in SoCal. But they do have another distribution center in Tennessee, and thats where maleficent started.

Jolly Roger is on the shop disney parks app now, but its saying sold in stores only

Hopefully it's not as bad as the Joker bombshell chase. I feel for these HT people after that one. One of the guys at the Roseville store told us he got death threats over it.

Milly79

Do you guys keep yours boxed up? I currently am, have about 20, nothing special really. Due to space issues I'm debating taking them out and possibly saving the boxes in case I want to sell later on down the line.

Do you guys keep yours boxed up? I currently am, have about 20, nothing special really. Due to space issues I'm debating taking them out and possibly saving the boxes in case I want to sell later on down the line.

Heading down to our basement there is a small ledge on the wall, which is where we have this;

l40agX4.jpg

I take them out but save the boxes in case I want to sell them later

gsrjedi

I just got in line at D Street in Disneyland. The store opened early and the line is very long. Don't know if my chances are good

Hopefully it's not as bad as the Joker bombshell chase. I feel for these HT people after that one. One of the guys at the Roseville store told us he got death threats over it.

Thats one of the stores I go to, thats actually where I got the bombshell joker. I know who you are talking about. There was a big meltdown on their instagram post about them. I was the first one there and grabbed one, they said they had one more chase joker. I know the person who walked in after me. And they told him they didnt have anymore. So Im not really sure what happened, there was only like a 1 minute gap between me leaving and him getting there. I saw him when I was walking out.

Arden is the one im talking about with people waiting. There have been people camping out everyday since the first day the maleficents showed up on the east coast

gsrjedi

Cast member just said they had 400 with a limit of 2 per person & there were over 200 people ahead of me. So I just got out of line.

Arden is the one im talking about with people waiting. There have been people camping out everyday since the first day the maleficents showed up on the east coast

I just couldn't do it. I'll drive around all day though lol. The only chase I haven't found yet is bombshell wonder woman, out of the ones I want anyway.

hydruxo

Where did you see this?

Honestly I can't remember for sure, but I want to say it was in a thread on the funkopop subreddit

If I find a link, I'll post it on here

I keep some of my rarer pops and chases in boxes but otherwise I'm mostly out of box. Especially with commons, I see no real reason to display those in boxes but I do save and store the boxes too.

I have about sixty, plus a few from other lines, all boxed. I like the uniformity and neatness.

Top Bottom