• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

SeanC

Apparently you can only ship to store? I added it to my cart and it says 'ship to store only' but when you try and choose the store, they won't let you do it if the store doesn't have it in stock (which none of my local TRU do it seems like). Weird.

Sounds like a Thrawn maneuver.

Windu coming early May.

12749_StarWars_MaceWindu_POP_GLAM_HiRez_large.jpg

Milly79

Are their exclusives even worth anything? I was looking up values of a few and they didn't seem to be worth much more than what you pay for them.

Of course I had to get Plo Koon though. Favorite Jedi.

hydruxo

Finally bit the bullet and bought an Eleven with wig chase for $40 after having no luck finding it in the wild for the past few months. It's been my most wanted pop for a while now so I'm excited to get it.

Are their exclusives even worth anything? I was looking up values of a few and they didn't seem to be worth much more than what you pay for them.

Of course I had to get Plo Koon though. Favorite Jedi.

Yeah they're not really worth much of anything. I still think the General Grevious exclusive they had is one of the coolest pops though, I had to get that one. Sabine with the mask is also pretty dope.

Zero315

Banned

Walgreens? Not really, but they've been getting some decently popular characters that probably shouldn't be exclusives like Mace, Grievous, John Stewart, and Kamala. The Walgreens around here never have any of the exclusives.

Walgreens? Not really, but they've been getting some decently popular characters that probably shouldn't be exclusives like Mace, Grievous, John Stewart, and Kamala. The Walgreens around here never have any of the exclusives.

None of the Walgreens near me even have Pops lol.

shanafan

Walgreens delivered for me. Stopped there, and they have the exclusive WWE Kane and "Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels Pops.

Got the latest Marvel Collector Corps box a lot quicker than usual. It's pretty cool.
Funko ads on GAF spoiling the Smuggler's Bounty Pop.
Tatooine Luke in a sand speeder
Funko never hides what the main Pop! for Smuggler's Bounty is. It was also announced during Star Wars Celebration last week.

Zero315

Banned
Amazon has all the Nickelodeon pops up for preorder. Catdog is listed at $10.99, not sure if that's going to be the regular price for it but it seems kinda low.

hydruxo

Amazon has all the Nickelodeon pops up for preorder. Catdog is listed at $10.99, not sure if that's going to be the regular price for it but it seems kinda low.

Makes sense I suppose though. It's a slightly wider pop / box but it's not a 6" or anything.

Drayco21

I was starting to get worried that they would start canceling orders after it was stuck in processing for so long, but my crate from the Blizzard sale finally came in!

I love all three of the pops; Diablo in particular has quickly become one of my favorite in the collection. I do still wish Arthas and Tyrael had their swords, because I usually hate the old stock standard Funko pose, but there's so much sculpted detail in them to bring out the character that I can let it pass without much fuss in these cases.

I still really hope we see a new non-Overwatch blizzard Pop series of some kind soon. Raynor deserves a second chance, and I'd be all over more Diablo characters if they made them. I hope the poor sales of the Warcraft movie pops hasn't turned them off to the idea.

Milly79

I snagged Deathwing, Illidan and Arthas from the sale.

Diablo and Tyrael were meh for me. Syl and Kerri were already gone hours after I saw there was a sale and Thrall sadly wasn't even included in the sale. :(

Are Walmart exclusives extremely annoying to come by? I've been watching for one of the Black/White KH Petes and I've never seen it in stock. eBay has them, but everyone has stupid shipping rates ($10+). I've never seen it show up on Walmart's website.

Are Walmart exclusives extremely annoying to come by? I've been watching for one of the Black/White KH Petes and I've never seen it in stock. eBay has them, but everyone has stupid shipping rates ($10+). I've never seen it show up on Walmart's website.

Ive been watching for that one too. I have brickseek notifications set up, and they havent shown up anywhere near me. One store did give me a notification, but it showed they had negative 6 in stock...I have no idea what a negative stock means. There was a placeholder page on their site for it, but they took it down. Might not be available online

Ive been watching for that one too. I have brickseek notifications set up, and they havent shown up anywhere near me. One store did give me a notification, but it showed they had negative 6 in stock...I have no idea what a negative stock means. There was a placeholder page on their site for it, but they took it down. Might not be available online

Yeah, when I search Google for it I've found the stock page, but it shows "No Longer Available."

For the negative stock, a store probably got some in and they sold before they were properly checked in.

hydruxo

I can never find Walmart exclusives in-store because people never buy pops at my local Walmart, so they have the same selection everytime I go and never rotate in any new ones.

Good thing is their online store is pretty good, and you can ship to store for free so that's how I end up getting most of their exclusives.

Neat find today, I found a Voltron Pop at a Toys R Us.

I thought it was gonna be hard to find and I'd have to get it off ebay or something then BAM there it is.

Zero315

Banned
I thought Reptar was a 6 inch pop, but hes priced at 10.99
Nope, I think it was confirmed a while back that he's regular size.

Grabbed Laura Palmer and Devil Jin while I was out today. They quickly shot to the top of my favorite pop list. They're incredibly well designed.

zeemumu

Went to Walgreens this morning to pic up some medication. All they really had were Jon Stewart Green Lanterns. Then I headed over to the Toys R Us that's down the street from the pharmacy because I had never seen their Pop display before. They had a crap-ton of Teen Titan Raven variants. I ended up leaving with a Blackfire Pop.

I'd like to hold off on getting more until the Nickelodeon ones come out but that depends entirely on whether or not they come out before the end of April because that's when my Hot Cash expires.

Nice. Last time I saw one was at Wondercon.

Interesting. I thought I saw that this was about to be vaulted on Pop Price Guide then I find 4 of them in the section with the Legendary Defender toys.

Don't know if every Toys R Us has them but it might be worth it to check that area if you're looking for one.

zeemumu

Interesting. I thought I saw that this was about to be vaulted on Pop Price Guide then I find 4 of them in the section with the Legendary Defender toys.

Don't know if every Toys R Us has them but it might be worth it to check that area if you're looking for one.

They did. I saw one when I picked up the Blackfire Pop earlier today. I got the Voltron that I saw at Wondercon but it was for a friend.

So for anyone that cares, I solved the Catbug POP mystery.

As I suspected, the first batch of Catbugs got messed up, were made that red orange color instead of blue grey. But they made a LOT of them, so they sprayed them with a glow in the dark coat and made them NYCC exclusives. The only thing that differers between the defects people bought and the two in our office is that ours don't have an "NYCC Exclusive" sticker on them. So they're only worth about $22 - ironic that even the correctly colored GitD Catbug is listed at $26 (and on eBay their prices are even further apart whoa).

Womp!

ZeoVGM

Banned
I ended up passing on the Disney box. I'm honestly just disappointed that there seems to be so much focus on park-related themes

hydruxo

Are you allowed to jump in on the subscription later?

You can sign up whenever, you just won't get this Pirate themed box if you miss the cutoff. They have different monthy/yearly plans. I haven't really looked at the Disney one too much but if it's anything like Smugglers Bounty/MCC/LoC then you can order past boxes (as long as they still have extras) if you have a current sub active.

zeemumu

You can sign up whenever, you just won't get this Pirate themed box if you miss the cutoff. They have different monthy/yearly plans. I haven't really looked at the Disney one too much but if it's anything like Smugglers Bounty/MCC/LoC then you can order past boxes (as long as they still have extras) if you have a current sub active.

I'm not much of a Dumbo or Smee fan so I'll probably jump in sometime in the next 3 themes. I'm hoping for a Haunted Mansion for the Haunted Forest and a Yeti for the Mountain one. I have no idea what the castle one is gonna be. Probably something Princess related.

I'm actually pretty surprised at the lack of variety in the Pops that Disney sells at the parks. It's almost entirely MCU and Star Wars (mostly Rogue One) with a few random Finding Nemo/Dory ones thrown in. Then you'll get a few parks-focused ones that sell out immediately. Speaking of which, Jolly Roger is due to come out the Friday after next.

zeemumu

So that Jolly Roger Pop has been spotted in WDW. No news on Disneyland yet so they likely still have the May 5th release date.

ZeoVGM

Banned
this is like the main reason i subbed lol

I think it's cool to be part of the box but the full year roadmap looks like every single box is. I was hoping for more specific themes per box.

In my mind, I had imagined something like this:

April - Pirates of the Caribbean: DMTNT
June - Cars 3
August - random theme (Disney World? classic animated movie?)
October - Coco
December - another random theme (Mickey Mouse? Disney Afternoon?)
February - Wreck-It Ralph 2

I want a Coco box with some cool exclusive Pop. I -really- want an Incredibles 2 box and a classic Disney animation box.

I'm sure the big park fans are all over this but I like the Marvel and DC boxes because they alternate between being based around a new movie and having a unique theme the following month.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Also, I think Funko kind of dropped the ball on their "founder" subscriptions where you subscribe before the first box and get a yearly exclusive gift, a Funko Oscar-esque "trophy" of one of the characters from that sub.

I subbed to Marvel at the very start and I'll continue that one until the end. I subbed for the first year of DC but didn't renew due to a lack of money. Star Wars, I missed out on the original sub but got a bunch of random boxes.

But I think by making that yearly exclusive gift exclusive to "founders," they're limiting themselves. I can definitely afford both the DC and Star Wars boxes now but... eh. Why would I bother getting the yearly now if I miss out on the exclusive?

LycanXIII

I think it's cool to be part of the box but the full year roadmap looks like every single box is. I was hoping for more specific themes per box.

In my mind, I had imagined something like this:

April - Pirates of the Caribbean: DMTNT
June - Cars 3
August - random theme (Disney World? classic animated movie?)
October - Coco
December - another random theme (Mickey Mouse? Disney Afternoon?)
February - Wreck-It Ralph 2

I want a Coco box with some cool exclusive Pop. I -really- want an Incredibles 2 box and a classic Disney animation box.

I'm sure the big park fans are all over this but I like the Marvel and DC boxes because they alternate between being based around a new movie and having a unique theme the following month.

They're not just Disney themed though, they're based off the park attractions. Give it time and you'll probably get a Disney Movie box however.

ZeoVGM

Banned
They're not just Disney themed though, they're based off the park attractions. Give it time and you'll probably get a Disney Movie box however.

I'm pretty sure the "leak" for the following year heavily hinted at every box being based around a theme park idea.

I could be wrong but we'll see.

(And am I the only one who was underwhelmed by the Pop choice in this first box?)

Also, I think Funko kind of dropped the ball on their "founder" subscriptions where you subscribe before the first box and get a yearly exclusive gift, a Funko Oscar-esque "trophy" of one of the characters from that sub.

I subbed to Marvel at the very start and I'll continue that one until the end. I subbed for the first year of DC but didn't renew due to a lack of money. Star Wars, I missed out on the original sub but got a bunch of random boxes.

But I think by making that yearly exclusive gift exclusive to "founders," they're limiting themselves. I can definitely afford both the DC and Star Wars boxes now but... eh. Why would I bother getting the yearly now if I miss out on the exclusive?

??? Each of the yearly subs gives you the gift on the anniversary of your sub. I know they started off the Marvel box sub saying that you had to be a founder, but that changed super quick afterward.

LycanXIII

I'm pretty sure the "leak" for the following year heavily hinted at every box being based around a theme park idea.

I could be wrong but we'll see.

(And am I the only one who was underwhelmed by the Pop choice in this first box?)
That's what I was saying. And it wasn't a leak, they came out and said that they were the themes for the year.

Top Bottom