• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

It's probably something very basic and banal about the posework more than the nature of the character being an anthropomorphic rabbit, but yowser if that didn't catch me off-guard.

Man, watching the memorial video they put up is sad. The person responsible is disgusting.

At least the owner was lucky to have had such a beautiful animal.

Chuck

Still without luck
Can someone else do me a favor and make a thread about this to get the word out? Mine would be too full of wishing harm on the monster that did this.

From the description of their tribute video, the owner was walking back with them from school when an ex-friend stole their fox. They were unable to find the kidnapper or the fox until two days later when the fox was discovered dead in a garbage bag.

Refyref

This is so adorable.

vyqYMvH.jpg
UdQuG4W.jpg

https://twitter.com/hit_ton_ton/status/563701138004779011

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
It's probably something very basic and banal about the posework more than the nature of the character being an anthropomorphic rabbit, but yowser if that didn't catch me off-guard.

It sort of resembles a pin-up style of pose, something already a bit provocative and attention-grabbing, and I guess turning it from a female human to a male rabbit means two levels of subversion on the style.

And, y'know, everyone loves a good bunnybutt. >_>

Kater

Banned
Anyone read the Savestate comics? Just discovered it recently and fell in love with the art style and characters!

http://www.savestatecomic.com/

2014-12-03-i_am_modem.gif

It's chock full of video game references too!

I like the style, yeah. And the things it references and makes jokes about are all too "everyday" problems it seems, which I really like. (I have the very same problems with my modem at the moment. -.-)

Loving this interpretation of Rover

iVipTdu.png

Artist is Reality_Undoer (FA)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't want to post in threads I know is riddled with posting and driveby posts, but sometimes I can't help but laugh.

Seriously, there are people right now thinking devices don't use SD/micro cards? Is this some form of first world stupidity? Sure cloud exists, but SD options never cease to leave.

Sorry I posted here because it feels like I can vent here. I don't want to post in that thread because of the stupidity.

Oh right furries.

B4ehu5DCIAAwvQ7.jpg:large

Kater

Banned
Awesome work, Miktar! =3

You probably really enjoyed doing this one, since it's GW2 related art. :D

Oh, and welcome back to GAF, btw. Saw that you were banned for a while.

Edit:

tumblr_mstu88D0fb1sgaf0uo1_500.png

Where's this from, does anyone know that? (Text in the speech bubbles looks edited but the art is still really cool, so I'd be interested in it nonetheless)

Hmm...If you had to pick between a drawing tablet and an actual PC for a tablet that happens to have a real pen input device, which one would you pick?

I really should draw more, either way. Seriously, when was the last time I've touched the last thing I sketched? Assignments will get ya every time you want to do your own thing, I've noticed.

Boss Doggie

You should read Blacksad.

I think every furry should read Blacksad.

We should make a furry "essentials".

That Rover art is creeping me out...
Oh hey, Mitkar's back. Your art seems to have improved. It's awesome!

What are some good movies I should watch? (Not "furry" movies, I mean, in general?)
Please provide a title, genre, and spoiler free description if possible.

Thanks!

I've heard Whiplash (drama about a guy learning the drums) was really great from a friend. I don't really watch many movies myself and I haven't watched that yet, but I plan on checking it out sometime.

Great avatar btw.

Hello, while I'm not much of a furry myself. I have to say that I respect furries and I don't understand the meanness many people have about it. I've actually wanted to make a thread for a long time to... challenge the whole negative thing some people have about furries.

And even though I don't really identity as a furry. I like cute characters, whether they're furry characters or not.

I'm a really big fan of Klonoa. And Klonoa is a furry character.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Hello, while I'm not much of a furry myself. I have to say that I respect furries and I don't understand the meanness many people have about it. I've actually wanted to make a thread for a long time to... challenge the whole negative thing some people have about furries.

And even though I don't really identity as a furry. I like cute characters, whether they're furry characters or not.

I'm a really big fan of Klonoa. And Klonoa is a furry character.

I tend to think that the existence of this thread and the number of furry fandom members who post regularly on GAF does a fair service for countering cliche internet stereotypes. Things here are, most of the time, free of negative behavior and the exaggerated reputation which has been popularized online and in the media.

Also, it isn't really 2002 anymore. While some internet denizens are still so insecure that they cannot accept the existence of people like furry fans, much of it comes from people carrying a torch from a decade ago; inherited from the internet troll subculture of their formative years. Using GAF itself as an example, around six years ago you could find moderators themselves who would threaten to ban people for even mentioning furries or making a thread related to furry topics. Today, people who come into threads with entirely stupid remarks about furry fans are likely to get banned (and have been).

Now you're as likely to find a lot of people who don't get what the big deal is, and aren't bothered because somebody likes talking animals or uses one as an avatar. In an expanding universe all things become suburban over a long enough timeline.

As for Klonoa, one doesn't have to be a member of the furry fandom to like anthro characters; furries are one subgroup of fans in the west. To quote the OP for the thread, Fox McCloud isn't a talking animal because he's a furry, furries like him because he's a talking animal. In that sense, you don't have to feel being a furry fandom member is a requirement for hanging out in this thread.

The internet troll subculture is so horrible. I wish people were all nice when they are anonymous on the internet. :<

People used the internet to spread hate and bullying and make it normal. Instead of love and empathy...

The internet troll subculture is so horrible. I wish people were all nice when they are anonymous on the internet. :<

People used the internet to spread hate and bullying and make it normal. Instead of love and empathy...

Guess the Internet can be a really scary place for some peeps. Sometimes I keep wondering if the Internet just brings out the worst out of people.

Also, hey, HolyBaikal! Nice to meet you here.

Kai Dracon

There's a popular lie that goes: The Internet makes people behave badly. They're perfectly normal when they're not on the Internet. Therefore you can't criticize people for their bad behavior online - it's not "real".

It's something that people like to tell themselves when they act like sociopaths online. There was a thread last year about a woman who found out her husband was an extreme asshole online and enjoyed tormenting others, and when outed he refused to accept that it was real or it mattered.

In reality, the Internet is a lens of truth for human behavior. By removing immediate, physical consequences for behavior in social interaction, you find out who someone really is. And unfortunately, there are an awful lot of broken people who possess an overwhelming desire to project their self-hatred and disgust with existence onto others. Online interaction helps confirm the suspicion that society is creating an abundance of broken individuals, and that much of the damage inflicted on people is - offline - hidden behind a thin veneer. Behavioral white lies that people learn to tell with varying degrees of skill.

Also bear in mind the amount of empathetic behavior you can find online, including for total strangers. The focus on the negative often overshadows the way that the Internet frees people from fear of rejection and of being the first person to step forward out of a crowd.

There's a popular lie that goes: The Internet makes people behave badly. They're perfectly normal when they're not on the Internet. Therefore you can't criticize people for their bad behavior online - it's not "real".

It's something that people like to tell themselves when they act like sociopaths online. There was a thread last year about a woman who found out her husband was an extreme asshole online and enjoyed tormenting others, and when outed he refused to accept that it was real or it mattered.

In reality, the Internet is a lens of truth for human behavior. By removing immediate, physical consequences for behavior in social interaction, you find out who someone really is. And unfortunately, there are an awful lot of broken people who possess an overwhelming desire to inflict their self-hatred and disgust with existence onto others. Online interaction helps confirm the suspicion that society is creating an abundance of broken individuals, and that much of the damage inflicted on people is hidden offline behind a thin veneer. Behavioral white lies that people learn to tell with varying degrees of skill.

Also bear in mind the amount of empathetic behavior you can find online, including for total strangers. The focus on the negative often overshadows the way that the Internet frees people from fear of rejection and of being the first person to step forward out of a crowd.

Kind of still doesn't help how perception can get tinted for the worse with the way things are right now.

Sometimes I want the Internet to be less anonymous, but then again, I doubt I'd really want that...

Makes me wonder if just because of how someone behaves in the Internet should make us also judge the same person the same way in real life.

Boss Doggie

Eh personally I think some furs got it coming. And honestly internet folks in general should get thicker skin.

Kai Dracon

Kind of still doesn't help how perception can get tinted for the worse with the way things are right now.

Sometimes I want the Internet to be less anonymous, but then again, I doubt I'd really want that...

Makes me wonder if just because of how someone behaves in the Internet should make us also judge the same person the same way in real life.

I'm 42 and have been doing the internet thing since the early 90s. In the long run, I've never found an internet asshole who I want to deal with in person once it is revealed what lurks behind their social mask.

Mind you, the internet makes it easier to be be casually dumb without thinking of the consequences. That is becoming a significant problem today, with the omnipresence of social media and twitter encouraging people to say whatever stupid thing pops into their head without a filter.

I don't think people should be significantly judged for those kinds of embarrassing moments. Especially with the kind of mob mentality the internet enables.

But if someone is a committed jerk online? If they're really odious, thoughtless, cruel, bigoted, narcissistic - it's a different story.

D-Pad

I just realized...

I don't think I have a real style yet. But I seem to be rather influenced by the art style of things that I liked as a kid.

Also, nice work on the art. I wish I could do character art as well as you.

It'll come in time! Just keep drawing.

DiEyTmu.gif

Top Bottom