• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

Time to talk money money bling bling for a moment.

Who here actually makes a decent clip of money doing commissions and patreons and stuff?

I've personally been making my furry bling with my comic books. (You know, like that one with the dragons I shall not mention further because I'm not entirely sure if I'm allowed to in the thread lol)

Dachande

I think you can mention its name and where someone would buy it from (hey, advertising), just probably not any images or direct links to it...

I think you can mention its name and where someone would buy it from (hey, advertising), just probably not any images or direct links to it...

Ah.

Well then!

It's called "He Knew". Adult comic.

Available at Rabbit Valley, lol.

Honestly, I'm utterly freaking amazed at how well it's sold.

I get occasional sales figures (nothing exact, just the top ten sold items in a list)? When it initially came out, I was number 1 on the list for 6 straight weeks. Like, what the hell?! So did not expect that, lol!

More recently, the Digital version of it came out.

Hell, i'll just post the list:

1 Circles The Years Keep Rolling By – Andrew French, Scott Fabianek, Steve Domanski
2 Circles Issue #6
3 Circles Issue #5
4 Circles Issue #8
5 Circles Issue #4
6 Circles Issue #7
7 Circles Volume One Paperback: It Seems Like I’ve Been Here Before (2001)
8 Associated Student Bodies Yearbook Hardcover Collection
9 Dragons Hoard Presents He Knew by Muskie
10 Circles Rainbow 2003 T-shirt

My ditzy little adult comic that I wrote, commissioned the art for on a lark and then decided to sell through a publisher is only being beaten out by the TWO MOST FAMOUS FURRY COMICS IN THE FANDOM.

My reaction upon reading this:

1289787485759.png

I can not believe how well it did, and I can't even begin to explain why.

Seriously, it's freakin' bewildering.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's dubbed here, aired in Nick of all places. Though apparently it's available for free online in YT.

Personally I still like Chaotic the best as far as card game shows are concerned.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
and yeah, Drum Bunker is popular among furries and kemono. Hell, I don't even watch the show and I know his name, the gay dragon, and his dad.

Kater

Banned
Back to my old Khajiit avi. How I've missed it after only two days. :3

Also, here's some KK Slider:

91S5ENX.jpg

Artist is EclipseWolf (obviously). (FA)

Makes me wonder if avatar cropping and retouching is an art form in itself.

Sometimes I think I just need to find more pics of this particular froofy batwyvern thingy. (Froofy is a nice word. It's more fun!)

Then I'd essentially have an endless supply of avatars of the froofy batwyvern thingy.

^ I lied to you, I don't like the main cat. He's just not my style.

Now dark-theme friendly:
http://abload.de/img/haruka2iruw8.png[img][/QUOTE]
Well thanks :B I don't use dark theme, so I never noticed.

Will keep in mind for when I make them in the future ~_~

Sometimes I still can't help but dream about someplace where...

Um...

They exist for real. Maybe just in my crazy fantasies, but I can dream, right? (That, and it does bring out the creative juices if I need to.)

Either way, I think I'm lapsing in terms of drawing some rather weird doodles lately. Perhaps I should take advantage of the weekend to draw things!

(I keep wondering if I'm seeing new faces around here.)

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Oh hello.

*ahem*

Anyway.

I'm thinking of doing a project to help furry artists out, because I think I can do something useful. So, if any artists here wouldn't mind answering a couple questions, it'll help me figure out if what I'm thinking about is worth doing in the first place.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
What exactly is it that you are thinking of doing?

(I try to avoid saying what I'm going for, because I don't want to bias the feedback in any way.)

My target is to make a marketplace for furry commissions. But in order to make it worthwhile, it has to solve problems for artists. I have my theories on what are the biggest problems (payment management, customer communication, workload scheduling) but, since I'm not an artist, I don't actually know. My hope is that I'll get enough responses that I can do a good job of prioritizing features, plus discover all the features that I wouldn't even think of myself. There's no point making something if I'm not gonna help people in the process.

I think SR is an "everything goes" series :p

You never know, though.

tbh, I don't mind it, as long as it's done in good taste and doesn't go too far in being biting and hateful towards where it's being directed at. We all have to be able to laugh at ourselves a little and absurdity or weirdness of our hobby to some degree.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't know. Given how common neon colors are among furries I think in a blender they'd be prismatic.

Top Bottom