• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

Thought so, that's why I settled for Eagalus.

Ffx1vUt.jpg

Come to think about it feathers are kinda like scales, no?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
sorta

it's for a commission but due it's nature it's offlimits

EDIT: Yay, commission's done. It's in twitter which links to my FA submission. Won't link cause adult, etc.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
'Sup peoples. Haven't checked in here for a while! Glad to see y'all are keepin' on keeping' on being fuzzy.

I was also randomly curious if anyone here was going to RainFurrest this weekend ヽ(・ω・)ノ 

This comic was way too cute. Panel 3 all day long for me, considering my 'sona is a chubby lion.

Nice icon too. I wonder if you own that faber-castel dakimakura ;3

Anyone feels the same? (France is the furry/kemono desert..)

Really! I wouldn't seek to argue with someone living in France, but I know several French furs.

but yeah Bowser is a hunk

The original video game anthro hunk is still the hunkiest. No doubt. (I am conveniently ignoring DK and other earlier hunks.)

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I was also randomly curious if anyone here was going to RainFurrest this weekend ヽ(・ω・)ノ 

*waves!*

I'll the brown bunny with dark indigo hair. I'll add you to my list of people to annoy :3

Kater

Banned
This comic was way too cute. Panel 3 all day long for me, considering my 'sona is a chubby lion.

Nice icon too. I wonder if you own that faber-castel dakimakura ;3
No, I don't own one of those hehe. I just liked how he drew that character. Very fluffy and sexy dude.

Edit:

This costume is great.

tumblr_nv4t9jjKi31r808ijo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nv4t9jjKi31r808ijo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nv4t9jjKi31r808ijo3_1280.jpg

Very elegant.

(source)

<_<; yes *ahem*

On another note, I should clean my follow list on some on these sites - some people I watch haven't posted in months/years.

Oh hey, that costume reminds me:

For those of you who don't live in the States, many American sports teams have animals as mascots. (Usually professional and college football teams.)

Not only do many of these teams have mascot costumes that resemble furrsuits, it is not uncommon to see sports team t-shirts with all manner of burly anothromorphizied animals, such as panthers, tigers, eagles, elephants, etc.

Now that I have discovered the furry fandom, it kind of weirds me out.

Why does it weird you out? I've always thought that's one of the more interesting ways that "furriness" actually permeates our society. We use these animals as symbols of strength and power, and in doing so I think there's a tacit admiration of them. Someone who's a furry fan obviously acknowledges and cultivates that interest, but I like the idea that it's an interest that might be present (although dormant) in a lot more people than you might think.

Kater

Banned
It's not like it's a new thing. If you are familiar with history you know that a lot of cultures had anthropomorphic characters everywhere in their books and temples. They were most of the time just used as a symbol.

Well I went to Rainfurrest last weekend, I really enjoyed myself while there. Had a lot of fun, hung out with friends, went to a couple room parties, had a small one myself where we watched Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers. Pretty fun watching it and laughing at it's silliness.
I also bought some stuff while there, bought "The Painted Cat" a spiritual sequel to one of my favorite books "Bait and Switch". A collar for myself, a few art prints and posters in the dealers den.

I kinda blew my budget when I bought two pieces in the art show/charity auction. I spent maybe a little too much money on this print, but I really loved it and looks awesome. I also bought a piece in the charity auction (that long piece on the bed above), it was a piece done by the GOH for the con.

Kater

Banned
This avatar change seems to be incredibly obvious.

Fish or fish-like thing?
I think she's a piranha girl.

Cats eat fish so there's at least some association to my username. Although, she'd probably reverse that and eat the cat, she's hardcore. :D

And yes, as Palazzo already mentioned, she's a character from the GOTY contender Undertale.

She's a character from Undertale (which seems like a pretty cool game).

Cats eat fish so there's at least some association to my username. Although, she'd probably reverse that and eat the cat, she's hardcore. :D

And yes, as Palazzo already mentioned, she's a character from the GOTY contender Undertale.

Sounds like something I should take a look at soon-ish. Probably when I get my job and a while after that, though its length seem rather short.

I drew my first black cock :x

it's in twitter/FA

ib4puns

*giggles a bit*

Refyref

Going by the name, I'd say she's based on Undine, which is a name for water sprites.
In the MegaTen series, they're actually usually healers, and have the "calm/kind" personality in Devil Summoner/Soul Hackers.

EDIT: I'd post artwork, but early MegaTen artwork tends to be... NSFW, in quite some cases.

Well Rainfurrest sent out an open letter to it's attendees about the problems they had this year.

For anyone out of the loop of what the heck I'm talking about, Rainfurrest, the Washington and Pacific Northwest regional Furry con, had a lot of issues happen during the con, mostly on Friday and Saturday from what I've heard from people on staff and other attendees. People were vandalizing the Hilton (the hotel where the con was held at), ranging from stuffing towels into the hot tub jets out at the pool, petty thefts of hotel property, to breaking smoke detectors (which violates fire code) just so they could smoke their pot in their hotel rooms. From what I've heard people say, the estimated damage of the Hilton was around $10,000 for all the damage to Hilton property that happened that weekend.
I was actually walking to my room when one of these incidents happened, a security guard, a hotel maid, a man in a nice suit (probably the hotel manager), and a staff member from the con were talking to a few guests about a smoke detector broken on the ceiling, and the room actually reeked of weed as I passed by, along with a few other rooms on the same floor and on the same side of the hotel of where my room was.
From what I've heard from others, the hotel was pretty exasperated by the antics that were going on by Saturday night/Sunday early morning, that they sent out a letter to guests on Sunday (which I didn't receive) informing them to basically said to cut it out or you will be kicked out.

I read the letter, you can see the passive aggressivess in their wording and tone from the person who wrote this up. (I don't blame them, though I'll get to that point later)
CQnUFJSUcAAz76E.jpg:large

I guess I bring this up is because after the Oklacon incident, where there were three people who were doing lewd thing out in public and then this, do you think that furry cons have gotten out of control and furries just accepting this crazy behavior because it's gonna happen regardless instead of doing something, I mean instead of just posting what happened on twitter and going to a person on security or con ops.

As someone who was there, I'm pretty angry at what happened and find this pretty unacceptable behavior. When people cause over an estimated $10,000 in damages to a hotel, I agree with the hotel in telling people to cut it out. As I've been to other events, I have never seen it get that bad. There's gonna little incidents that do happen on occasion at events like these (which are unavoidable), but nothing like this.

There are several reasons intersecting here as to why this happened - the sort of thing that Kai tends to post about all the time :)

But seriously, the things I read about that happened there are honestly disgusting to a high degree. To some degree, these are people who either don't get the concept of public/private behavior, or don't care. And to that effect, I think organizers in the future are going to have to crack down hardcore on individuals who perpetuate these actions in the future, because they are the ones who ruin it for everyone else.

There's that, and... I guess there's a need to strongly impress on attendees that despite being furry conventions, they take place in *public* places, and appropriate behavior for public spaces is to be followed, regardless of what they think is valid queer expression. ESPECIALLY anything involving BDSM, diaper stuff, or public sex - just why.

Top Bottom