• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

Kater

Banned
Major\Minor

Some new furry game. I'll keep an eye on it. It's early access so I am wary, will hold off of buying it for now.

utkiGDB.jpg

I think I'm getting used to the variety in characters over time... A bunch of things that used to just make me feel weird now actually look appealing to me. Mostly to do with female ones. :)
I don't quite understand the meaning of this post. Care to elaborate for me?

Kater

Banned
The design is cliché but who knows, maybe the game is good.

Doggie, do you know DOHS? He draws some really cute (nekkid) dudes.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The design is cliché but who knows, maybe the game is good.

Doggie, do you know DOHS? He draws some really cute (nekkid) dudes.

The design is lower than cliche personally. It's what people call sparkledogs... ugh.

Anyway yeah he is in my watchlist.

Kater

Banned
Style looks different enough. And furries identify with dogs a lot so no wonder they lack some sense for individualism. :p

Chuck

Still without luck
speaking of needlessly "unique" furries, can someone tell me why those idiots have those most money and win every single YCH auction?

no one actually likes your shitty bird-dragon-wolf-otter hybrid shit, ffs

Chuck

Still without luck
What's a YCH auction?

Is it like that "adoptable" thing? Where furries literally buy fursonas from other people? I mean, seriously what the hell is up with that.

your-character-here auctions are when an artist lays out a sketch they want to draw, then puts the characters within up for auction.

Chuck

Still without luck
Hahaha wow. Now that's a racket.

Instead of commissioning an artist to draw exactly what you want, you've got to compete with other people for the privilege of an artist inserting your (only slightly and arbitrarily different anyway!) character into what they want to draw.
And I bet you have to pay a lot more, too! Wow... I didn't even know this was a thing!

yep

Kater

Banned
speaking of needlessly "unique" furries, can someone tell me why those idiots have those most money and win every single YCH auction?

no one actually likes your shitty bird-dragon-wolf-otter hybrid shit, ffs
Jealous much? ;)

I don't like it when designs are cluttered with a ton of details myself. But on the other hand, too simple is boring. Artists like DOHS hit a sweet spot for me.

Kater

Banned
I think security should be at any convention, really. Too much foolishness happening and they have to have someone close by who can bring things under control and remove unwanted individuals.

I am surprised you have thought that there are no assholes in the community. There's plenty of scum in every community or at least I know that furries aren't the exception to that.

Well, I'm definitely jealous of the disposable income part.
Not jealous but I wouldn't mind more coin. ^^

There are Nazi furs. I started developing sociological theories on why they exist but I decided they don't deserve that much space in my brain.

Nazi uniforms/imagery is a fetish, I believe that it has more to do with that than an agreement with Nazi ideology, at least, I hope so.

The_Kid

Supposedly the suit is based on the Arkansas flag? Either way I think they were dragged into security because some people at the con wete trying to rough him up and destroy the suit. Regardless of feelings of it, that is not okay.

Hedge

When I was a kid, I had a character that I'd keep drawing that was a time-traveller. I had an entire sketch-book filled with drawings of him in almost all of the different era's of human history, and what he'd do there to pass the time.

And come WW2 I made him a Nazi and drew pages upon pages of Nazi uniforms. I have no idea why, when I think back on it, but kids draw and like the strangest things, without really thinking it through that much.

Kater

Banned
It's not a crime (I think, but I don't know the laws in all of the US states) but it's incredibly bad taste and offending to wear it. Roughing people up is not okay but I would report people wearing the confederate flag at the very least. And people in Nazi suits too of course lmao.

Some people really enjoy being trash and then complain when they get put in the bin where they belong.

kess

tumblr_nywpwk9VDS1u4i78fo1_500.jpg

I saw this on tumblr and I just couldn't resist posting it here. Honestly I never thought there'd be furries with the Confederate flag but hey whatever. I don't know anything else about this though. I need to get a twitter I guess...
I guess they've had to step up security after that gas attack thing that happened? Or was there always security for furry conventions like this?

There was a dude waving a confederate flag during the Anthrocon parade, wonder if it was the same guy.

Battlechili

Banned
Isn't wearing a flag in general kind of tacky? I mean, I don't mind the confederate flag but wearing it seems kind of silly. Plus it doesn't really fit the whole point of fursuits, methinks.
It's also really violent and suggestive. So. Don't watch it in public!

>>>Here's a link.<<<

That was pretty cool, although to be honest I'm a little disappointed. The animation is really choppy. Kinda wish it was a lot smoother.

The_Kid

Also, both One Punch Man and the Undertale cast appeared, this was bound to happen. ;3

CVf4yNIU4AEP6MN.jpg:large

Whaaaaaaat have you done!?

I think there was a Nick suit running around, a really well done one too, and a Braixen that looked like an actual oversized mascot costume from like Pokemon Center in Japan or something.

Also, attendance for MFF is placing it to probably usurp Anthrocon next year, it's just that big. We had over 5600 people and over 1300 suitors just at the parade! 60,000 was raised in the charity.

Wulfric

Huh, I didn't realize MFF was that big of a convention. I wanted to make the journey to Anthrocon, but if MFF is getting just as big it would save me a bunch on travel costs. Hope to see you all there next year!

There's not a high res of the group shot, is there? I'd really like to see all the suits up close.

The_Kid

Huh, I didn't realize MFF was that big of a convention. I wanted to make the journey to Anthrocon, but if MFF is getting just as big it would save me a bunch on travel costs. Hope to see you all there next year!

There's not a high res of the group shot, is there? I'd really like to see all the suits up close.

Don't believe so? The one so far is unofficial. It usually takes a couple days for them to upload a hi-res shot along with parade stuff, etc. Within the next week I expect.

Yeah attendance this year for MFF was (and this is preliminary so there might be a better number later) was only about 700 less than Anthrocon this year, and the parade had only about 70 less suitors this year than Anthrocon.

The attendance this year was about the same Anthrocon was at last year, so honestly it's almost as big.

tumblr_nywpwk9VDS1u4i78fo1_500.jpg

I saw this on tumblr and I just couldn't resist posting it here. Honestly I never thought there'd be furries with the Confederate flag but hey whatever. I don't know anything else about this though. I need to get a twitter I guess...
I guess they've had to step up security after that gas attack thing that happened? Or was there always security for furry conventions like this?
Yeah, I heard about that over twitter for the last few days, just reminds that there's always something at a furry con that usually ruffles up furry twitter's feathers. I honestly think the person is probably a troll, as from what other people have said on twitter, that it was the same person who went around Anthrocon in a fake Lemonade Coyote ( the real lemonade coyote has passed) suit.
I wonder what it's like for the people who work security at these things.
From what people have said, it's not the funniest job, but someone has to do it to keep the con from complete chaos, not that the security team has amusing stories of hilarious crap happening on the job.
I just don't understand how a furry could be sympathetic to the confederate ideology, it defies belief.
Thing is, furries come from different races, religions, backgrounds, ethnicities, lifestyles, or orientations so the fandom cannot be painted in broad brush strokes. So your gonna have people who are like that, it's just the sad truth of this fandom.
Also, both One Punch Man and the Undertale cast appeared, this was bound to happen. ;3

CVf4yNIU4AEP6MN.jpg:large

Whaaaaaaat have you done!?

I think there was a Nick suit running around, a really well done one too, and a Braixen that looked like an actual oversized mascot costume from like Pokemon Center in Japan or something.

Also, attendance for MFF is placing it to probably usurp Anthrocon next year, it's just that big. We had over 5600 people and over 1300 suitors just at the parade! 60,000 was raised in the charity.
Needs more Papyrus
2d8.png

I would really like to go to MFF as it's one of the cons that I could reach no problem in terms of flying compared to say AC or a few other east coast cons, which are just too expensive for me to even consider flying to atm. Wish it just wasn't around college finals as that makes it difficult to make it even remotely possible to go there.

Top Bottom