• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Forza 3 racing and time attack league

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ziploc said:
Any chance you might move the races back a few hours?

being that I'm GMT -8, probably not, no. 9am is a stretch as is, sorry. MAYBE we'll have more then 8 confirmed prior to the start and we could have 2 seperate qualifying races before the finals, and then one could be earlier, the other later?

re' TA; i'm at 6:24:1XX. there is still room for improvement, as I was behind my last best time for the first half of the race by upwards of .5 seconds. hows everyone else doing?

Senger

Count me in for the time trial. Need motivation to pick the game back up. Gf gave me a playseat for Christmas and is giving me a hard time for not using it. :lol

GT is Senger

op_ivy

Pepto said:
I love the Leon Supercup. Such amazing grip and handling for a FWD.

yeah, its really a great car to use, even stock it drives GREAT. i'm aiming to get into the top 100 times with an unmodified 471 supercup!

gragy10

Not done much/any time trialling with the game so far - defoinitely not an easy course to get a clean lap on..

op_ivy

gragy10 said:
Not done much/any time trialling with the game so far - defoinitely not an easy course to get a clean lap on..

i find it much easier to start the race with a quick u-turn, go back a ways before turning around the right way, then gunning it to start my lap at, or about at, full speed. the lap time wont start until you cross the starting line, and you wont get a "!" as long as you dont hit anything/go off track while you are backing up. this makes it easy to restart the race anytime you make a mistake rather then completing the lap, especially for these long courses.

i'm at 6:22:7XX now, and 108 out of 45,000 globally!

DarkJC

op_ivy said:
i find it much easier to start the race with a quick u-turn, go back a ways before turning around the right way, then gunning it to start my lap at, or about at, full speed. the lap time wont start until you cross the starting line, and you wont get a "!" as long as you dont hit anything/go off track while you are backing up. this makes it easy to restart the race anytime you make a mistake rather then completing the lap, especially for these long courses.

i'm at 6:22:7XX now, and 108 out of 45,000 globally!

Wow great tip, I was getting so frustrated cause I didn't want to restart due to standing starts but was getting dirty lap after dirty lap. My best time so far is a 6:31:009 but I think I can definitely bring it down a lot more.

gragy10

Cheers for the tip op_ivy - swear that trrick used to be hard wired into my racing game brain once..
Down to a 6:41:xx - they say it's those last 19 seconds that are the hardest to find..

op_ivy

gragy10 said:
Cheers for the tip op_ivy - swear that trrick used to be hard wired into my racing game brain once..
Down to a 6:41:xx - they say it's those last 19 seconds that are the hardest to find..

are you using automatic or manual? this is one track where i'd imagine the auto folks will be lagging a ways behind manual drivers, as the big hills can suck the speed out from your (slightly underpowered) car and the auto doesnt really always know how to handle em. the second hill for example, right after the tunnel, you can accelerate up to 86 mph in 3rd, but if you try to accelerate in 4th, you'll be lucky to get past 80.

zorbsie

op_ivy said:
are you using automatic or manual? this is one track where i'd imagine the auto folks will be lagging a ways behind manual drivers, as the big hills can suck the speed out from your (slightly underpowered) car and the auto doesnt really always know how to handle em. the second hill for example, right after the tunnel, you can accelerate up to 86 mph in 3rd, but if you try to accelerate in 4th, you'll be lucky to get past 80.

You can say that again. Only got time to do 3 or 4 laps last night, but my fastest clean lap was 6:5X:XXX. Looks like I'll be switching to manual.

Pepto

Banned
I think I did 6:33 yesterday when testing the car. I think the car could do a 6:20 max but I think I will settle for anything under 6:30.

caramac

Ok l hope this is acceptable to you guys, took with my phone camera. After many dirty laps and many "f" words l managed a half decent laptime. Like l mentioned earlier unless l do beat a 6:20 something my time aint gonna show on the leaderboards....so i'm gonna keep trying anyhow.

288qtr5.jpg

op_ivy

CaramaC said:
Ok l hope this is acceptable to you guys, took with my phone camera. After many dirty laps and many "f" words l managed a half decent laptime. Like l mentioned earlier unless l do beat a 6:20 something my time aint gonna show on the leaderboards....so i'm gonna keep trying anyhow.

<pic>

works for me and GREAT time! unmodified B471 i assume (and hope)

you've given me a reason to continue to drop my own F bombs @ positano! :lol

caramac

op_ivy said:
works for me and GREAT time! unmodified B471 i assume (and hope)

you've given me a reason to continue to drop my own F bombs @ positano! :lol

Yeah go for it, l'm sure there's a bit more to be squeezed out of it somewhere.

l just uploaded the replay to my storefront if anyone wants to check it out. GT: oODHOo

op_ivy

soundscream said:
Down for time attack

GT: SoundScream13

and you can call me captain slow. 7:08:117 :( Do i get a bonus for using a wheel.

arent we all using the wheel?

Senger

Quick Update: 6:45.589

I'm sure I can be quicker once I memorize the track. I'm still guessing through a lot of the corners. What's the cut off time? The start of the race for that week?

op_ivy

Senger said:
Quick Update: 6:45.589

I'm sure I can be quicker once I memorize the track. I'm still guessing through a lot of the corners. What's the cut off time? The start of the race for that week?

yeah, you still have ~36 hours :p

participating in the race sunday?

op_ivy

Just a reminder, the GAF racing league kicks off in a little over 24 hours. Time attack times are also due. All times for Rally di Positano MUST be posted by the start of the GAF race -- 9am PST/12pm EST/5pm GMT Sunday, March 14th.

4428746539_6ddd771f0d.jpg

Quite a few of you showed interest, but have yet to post times. I hope to see some great lap times from everyone and a packed lobby tomorrow!

op_ivy

ok, probably my final time for the first week.

6:17:205 (54th worldwide!)

replay is up on my storefront if you want to check it out.

DarkJC

Hey guys, I'm home for the weekend without my 360 so I wont be able to better my time or participate in the first race. Hopefully I can for the second one :D

Anyway, I'll lock in my time trial time at 6:31:009

I had it down into the high 20's but was offline and my time wasn't recorded on the leaderboard. :( Oh well, I'll be taking pictures of my times from now on :lol

caramac

Ok guys final submission from me for the time attack ....6:21.499

Good luck to all you guys who show for the race.

op_ivy

CaramaC said:
Ok guys final submission from me for the time attack ....6:21.499

Good luck to all you guys who show for the race.

it will be interesting to see the turnout. i'm not expecting a packed lobby, which for positano may actually be better for the actual racing ;)

op_ivy said:

Ahhh good damn it. Thats why im putting up grandma speed times.

op_ivy

great races guys! race replay on my storefront. (i lucked out and got pole position!)

race 01
1st - LoopOfHenle (op_ivy) - 19:08:896 - best lap 6:23:511
2nd - massproduction (Pepto) - 19:49:293 - best lap 6:31:353 (certainly fair to give you this time for the TA IMO)
3rd - Banana Barons (gragy10) - 20:02:474 - best lap 6:37:551
4th - rastex (Omar Ismail) - 20:27:573 - best lap 6:48:502
5th - p3tRan (p3tRan) - 20:35:997 - best lap 6:44:848

time attack 01
1st - LoopOfHenle (op_ivy) - 6:17:205
2nd - oODHOo (CaramaC) - 6:21.499
3th - Senger (Senger) - 6:24:905
4th - DarkJaye (DarkJC) - 6:31:009
5th - massproduction (Pepto) - 6:31:353
6th - rastex (Omar Ismail) - 6:48:069
7th - SoundScream13 (soundscream) - 6:56:565

i'll update the point tallys and take some pics later.

by the way, is there any easy way to see the race results screen of a saved replay? fast forwarding through 20 minutes is a bit of a pain in the ass. on top of that, i've done it twice to get p3tran's reslts, only to have the f'ing thing strat over before i can get them! :lol

gragy10

That was great fun - prob only the 2nd/3rd time i've raced out of the usual audi drone setting and all the better for it. Roll on next week!

op_ivy

some screens

4433479705_b69f2329d5_o.jpg

4434253112_3990ce2a1f_o.jpg

4434252672_813ea2a3ef_o.jpg

4434252188_5e36f40fe7_o.jpg

also, i made some cars i'll be gifting out to 3rd place once i add a bit of a personalized touch to em. all the same, other then the colors (gold, silver, and bronze).
1st
4434251556_22379b0eed.jpg

2nd
4433477535_954d364058.jpg

3rd
4434251814_c8d2dd78aa.jpg

maybe someone else would be willing to do the same for the next car?

Senger

Final time for the 1st week is 6:24.905. It's on the leaderboard. Didn't get a chance to reply to the thread this weekend.

DieselRainbow

Neo Member
the Time Trails sound great. I'm up for that!

Gamertag: Dieselrainbow

Do we have all week to post times and how do we prove what times we do? I'm a little confused.
Also, what course and car is it this week? :lol

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Hey guys!

As I said in the official thread, I'm just returning to the game. I only got to driver level 10 before MW2 and ME2 came out and, well, consumed all my gaming time.

I would love to join (more so for races than the time trials). Without question I do not have the skills you guys have but I'm definitely down for it. I'm a very clean driver and respect racing lines, etiquette, etc.

(ooh, just as I finished typing that a yellow Gallardo just drove by my window :D)

gamertag: RJ81

Looking forward to it!

op_ivy

added the newcomers.

lets see some times for stage 02, mugello! (stock FXX)

DieselRainbow said:
the Time Trails sound great. I'm up for that!

Gamertag: Dieselrainbow

Do we have all week to post times and how do we prove what times we do? I'm a little confused.
Also, what course and car is it this week? :lol

hopefully your time attack times will be your best ever and they will show up on the leaderboards. if not, a simple pic will work.

you can post times all week long if you'd like, or wait, and surprise everyone when they are due (sunday's 5pm GMT). i'm trying to encourage people to post times and replays to help each other out a bit so we all improve.

track and cars listed in the OP. read through that, make comments/suggestions if there are things you dont like or that you feel need to be added or addressed, and post any questions you have.

RSTEIN

Oh Shi-

I just realized I don't have enough creds to buy a FXX :lol

I guess I'm going to have to play some more!

aberckmans

Neo Member
I'm down for some time attack. Got the fanatec set up and all (though I am still worse with it than the good old pad...).

GT: hakeem34

op_ivy

RSTEIN said:
Oh Shi-

I just realized I don't have enough creds to buy a FXX :lol

I guess I'm going to have to play some more!

:lol i think you unlock it at some level, check google before you spend money on it!

Pepto

Banned
I don't think you need to buy the car to participate. I think you can select any stock car in free run.

caramac

Pepto said:
I don't think you need to buy the car to participate. I think you can select any stock car in free run.

^ ^
Is right.......just go to "Free Play > "Hot lap" then select the car in question, select any assists you prefer and then select the track...........

1:43.748.......its a bitch to drive with TC off.

RSTEIN

CaramaC said:
^ ^
Is right.......just go to "Free Play > "Hot lap" then select the car in question, select any assists you prefer and then select the track...........

1:43.748.......its a bitch to drive with TC off.

Ok, what about when we actually race?

Also: I didn't see anything about assists (braking line, traction, ABS, etc.) for time attack and race. Are we going with everything off?

Senger

op_ivy said:
great races guys! race replay on my storefront. (i lucked out and got pole position!)

race 01
1st - LoopOfHenle (op_ivy) - 19:08:896 - best lap 6:23:511
2nd - massproduction (Pepto) - 19:49:293 - best lap 6:31:353 (certainly fair to give you this time for the TA IMO)
3rd - Banana Barons (gragy10) - 20:02:474 - best lap 6:37:551
4th - rastex (Omar Ismail) - 20:27:573 - best lap 6:48:502
5th - p3tRan (p3tRan) - 20:35:997 - best lap 6:44:848

time attack 01
1st - LoopOfHenle (op_ivy) - 6:17:205
2nd - oODHOo (CaramaC) - 6:21.499
3rd - DarkJaye (DarkJC) - 6:31:009
4th - massproduction (Pepto) - 6:31:353
5th - Senger (Senger) - 6:24:905
6th - rastex (Omar Ismail) - 6:48:069
7th - SoundScream13 (soundscream) - 6:56:565

I think I should be 3rd for last week w/6 points. I'll be sure to post my final time before the race on Sunday from now on to make things easier. Thanks.

caramac

RSTEIN said:
Ok, what about when we actually race?

Also: I didn't see anything about assists (braking line, traction, ABS, etc.) for time attack and race. Are we going with everything off?

You should see the assists screen just after you select your car, also you can change your assists if you want just before you start hotlapping etc.

As for the races (and time attack) l think the rules allow any assists you want ...obviously on a stock car.
The rules are in ivys original post.

op_ivy

Senger said:
I think I should be 3rd for last week w/6 points. I'll be sure to post my final time before the race on Sunday from now on to make things easier. Thanks.

oops, i'll fix that asap.

RSTEIN... the rules are you can use any assists you want for both the race and for time attack. car has to be stock with the default tune.

iirc you will need to work out a way to earn or buy the fxx to participate in the race. i dont think the game allows you to use any car for multiplayer.

DarkJC

op_ivy said:
oops, i'll fix that asap.

RSTEIN... the rules are you can use any assists you want for both the race and for time attack. car has to be stock with the default tune.

iirc you will need to work out a way to earn or buy the fxx to participate in the race. i dont think the game allows you to use any car for multiplayer.

It does, you can pick any stock car you like to use in multiplayer. So he shouldn't have to buy it at all.

Side note: You do get gifted an FXX at one point for one of the driver levels.

Top Bottom