• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Forza 3 racing and time attack league

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
having a hard time with this TA... there is such a fine line on these fast courses with the fast cars between fast and too fast :lol

give me a tight track like positano and a B level car any day :p

i love driving this FXX, it's so tamed even with all of its electronic aids turned off

btw, i'll try to do both the races and time attacks :D

op_ivy

Senger said:
Best time thus far is 1:42.733.

very nice! i'm in the mid 1:43's with some obvious room for improvement if i can push the envelope without screwing up somewhere. maybe i'll try traction control to see if it will help my consistency.

Hyoushi

oho. my time on the actual TT leaderboard is 1.42.178. I'll try making a better run for this compo! sorry for missing the first one, I was playing the just cause 2 demo too much and forgot to set a time. hehe

Senger

My final time for this week will be 1:42.166. It's on the time trial leaderboard. Won't have time Sat. to try to improve the time. Was just barely able to beat Hyoushi (for now), so I'm satisfied. Good luck everyone.

G Rom

I've done between 15 and 20 laps and managed to do 1:42.884 but I'm pretty pissed because I had a better time which wasn't validated for god know why.

Mugello also seems to have some spots where it invalidates your lap even if there are no possible way of actually gaining time. The two obvious spots being the two esses after turn 1. If you go out of those esses on the rumble stripes, there's 9/10 chances that you'll get your lap invalidated even though the stripe is already slowing you down.

Senger

DieselRainbow said:
For the life of me I can't beat 1:44.906 and that fecking (!) is always there :(
the (!) is even showing as I start a new lap!?

I've found that if you go off track anywhere near the s curve/back straight/last turn your next lap will be invalid automatically. My guess is it's to prevent people from getting an irregular start to a lap.

Hyoushi

Senger said:
My final time for this week will be 1:42.166. It's on the time trial leaderboard. Won't have time Sat. to try to improve the time. Was just barely able to beat Hyoushi (for now), so I'm satisfied. Good luck everyone.
huahua damn you. just had a 32 lap session and tried to improve, I only managed a 1:42.517 this time though. but I can see places where I can improve the time, I just have to nail the rest of the lap as well :lol

this is one of the more competitive tracks in the TT mode actually, top 1000 was wiped not too long ago because of cheating. I love how you have to be on your toes throughout the entire lap since mugello is so punishing if you make a line mistake somewhere. because of all the back to back corners your bad line will stick with you for quite some time. hehe

Hyoushi

Senger said:
I've found that if you go off track anywhere near the s curve/back straight/last turn your next lap will be invalid automatically. My guess is it's to prevent people from getting an irregular start to a lap.
yeah this was added in Forza3 think so. if you get a caution in the last sector of a lap (that is, from the last split time to the finish), the next lap will carry that caution over. and like you said, it's so you can't, for instance, cut the final chicane of Le Mans to get a super fast start to the next lap.

Senger

G Rom said:
Mugello also seems to have some spots where it invalidates your lap even if there are no possible way of actually gaining time. The two obvious spots being the two esses after turn 1. If you go out of those esses on the rumble stripes, there's 9/10 chances that you'll get your lap invalidated even though the stripe is already slowing you down.

The key is to keep at least one tire on the asphalt. If you run wide on the rumble stripes then you'll get the !. Last week was much worse for me.

Hyoushi

the FXX is one of the more challenging cars to drive with the standard X360 controller, since it has a tendency to understeer a lot under acceleration if you are using max steering input with the analog stick. also mugello has loads of nasty bumps in key corners so this makes it even worse. hehe

my fastest time: 01:41.564
can definitely go .3-.5 sec faster but i just keep on screwing up my lap everytime i know that i'm going faster... >.<

caramac

Hyoushi said:
the FXX is one of the more challenging cars to drive with the standard X360 controller, since it has a tendency to understeer a lot under acceleration if you are using max steering input with the analog stick. also mugello has loads of nasty bumps in key corners so this makes it even worse. hehe

Too right it does...you've got to be so careful where and how you ease the power on.

Hyoushi

soujiro_seta said:
my fastest time: 01:41.564
can definitely go .3-.5 sec faster but i just keep on screwing up my lap everytime i know that i'm going faster... >.<
hehe. if you had done this in the actual TT mode you would have been #40 on the leaderboard. nicely done

op_ivy

i fucking give up. spent a bit more time with it today and i can clearly beat my time, but everytime i'm up and pushing that hard, i make some stupid error, such as casually going off track with one wheel causing me to lose control, or barely cutting a corner and having the rumble strip cause me to lose control. argh! love this course to drive on, but its stressing me out in TA.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
op_ivy said:
i fucking give up. spent a bit more time with it today and i can clearly beat my time, but everytime i'm up and pushing that hard, i make some stupid error, such as casually going off track with one wheel causing me to lose control, or barely cutting a corner and having the rumble strip cause me to lose control. argh! love this course to drive on, but its stressing me out in TA.

Same situation. I've logged exactly one error free time and it's about 1:47 or something awful like that. One tire goes in the grass and it's a penalty... really annoying. Not a good time attack track for me.

Looking forward to racing tomorrow! :D

1:46.267 best I can do keep messing up that first turn. I know i suck at turning because whenever I race online even though Ill often have the faster car everyone is quicker out of the turn. I think I am doing it wrong.....oh well.

op_ivy

RSTEIN said:
Same situation. I've logged exactly one error free time and it's about 1:47 or something awful like that. One tire goes in the grass and it's a penalty... really annoying. Not a good time attack track for me.

Looking forward to racing tomorrow! :D

oh god, i just hope the first several corners will be accident free

Hyoushi

soujiro_seta said:
how do you run a time trial? i only know the hot lap >.<
Main career menu -> Leaderboards -> Time Trial. Press A to start the races or select a specific racer to watch replay/race ghost.

caramac

Ok guys my final submission for the FXX/Mugello TA is 1:42.639, its on the TT leaderboards.

Good luck to you guys racin......you'll need it in that beast of a car :D

op_ivy

lobby is up, race will start at 15 min after the hour. if you arent yet on my friends list, add LoopOfHenle

op_ivy

shit, i think the time change has us messed up.... i guess pst is now -7 instead of -8 hours.... which would mean the race doesnt start for another 45 min...

op_ivy

great race pepto, make sure to update your best lap time for the TA.

we'll join up again at 5pm gmt, which, apparently is in 20 min. sorry for the confusion guys.

Hyoushi

heh. of course I got this after the deadline was up, lawl

mugello.jpg

op_ivy

had to leave mid-race, father and mother-in-law broke down on the side of the road. can someone post the results of the race?

RSTEIN

op_ivy said:
had to leave mid-race, father and mother-in-law broke down on the side of the road. can someone post the results of the race?

I won. A stunning victory, really.

Hyoushi

op_ivy said:
Hm, ended pretty much like it was when you left, I won, not sure about the exact order behind me though.

op_ivy

Hyoushi said:
Hm, ended pretty much like it was when you left, I won, not sure about the exact order behind me though.

i was behind you :(

RSTEIN said:
I demand a review of the events between turn 1 and turn 2! I got seriously side swipped!

check pepto's replay and explain what happened and who was at fault for others to review

RSTEIN

op_ivy said:
check pepto's replay and explain what happened and who was at fault for others to review

I'm partly kidding :p Someone got squirrly after the first turn (and I think was hit or hit someone else, too) and I was on their right side. I saw the car aiming straight at me. I yelled "I'm on your right!!!!" but I guess it was too late.

After that I was out of the race :(

Top Bottom